Is something up at O2?

InkblotInkblot Posts: 26,889
Forum Member
✭✭✭
My contract had ended so called to cancel (unless they made a good offer). It took a total of around 60 minutes on hold to get through to anyone because I had to hang up after the first 19 minutes on hold and start again later. In the end they could not offer me anything better than a Simplicity tariff at the advertised rate so I cancelled.

Are they having problems at the moment or is this normal service for O2?

Comments

• Thine WonkThine Wonk Posts: 17,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Checking the status page there is something unusual going on actually.

http://status.o2.co.uk/

Good sevice everywhere:eek::p
  • legends wear 7legends wear 7 Posts: 2,102
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And more generally they are part of a company that is really struggling under a debt mountain, O2 will be cutting costs right across their business. The selling off of their retail estate is evidence of this
  • wrexham103.4wrexham103.4 Posts: 3,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i called O2 yesterday and was thru to an advisor in about 1 minute. Im not a fan of O2 coverage, but i must say their customer service is spot on, imo
  • InkblotInkblot Posts: 26,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i called O2 yesterday and was thru to an advisor in about 1 minute. Im not a fan of O2 coverage, but i must say their customer service is spot on, imo

Up to yesterday I've been impressed. But an hour on the phone to get a PAC is pretty shabby. Plus I spent ten minutes on their online chat before that only for the customer service assistant to tell me that they can't give PACs online "for security reasons". That's after asking for my security password, of course.
  • booiebooie Posts: 379
    Forum Member
    130% increase in non EU roaming charges
    outages happening on a grand scale
    very poor overall 3G coveage
    no retention deals to keep customers
    Apart from that no everythings fine :D
  • Thine WonkThine Wonk Posts: 17,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    booie wrote: »
    130% increase in non EU roaming charges
    outages happening on a grand scale
    very poor overall 3G coveage
    no retention deals to keep customers
    Apart from that no everythings fine :D

..half of the shops sold off to franchises, rather than ran by O2 to save a couple of million
    ..the start of outsourcing with a call centre going abroad
  • wrexham103.4wrexham103.4 Posts: 3,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Inkblot wrote: »
    Up to yesterday I've been impressed. But an hour on the phone to get a PAC is pretty shabby. Plus I spent ten minutes on their online chat before that only for the customer service assistant to tell me that they can't give PACs online "for security reasons". That's after asking for my security password, of course.

Lucy was never very helpful :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    Some of the NEWER tariffs do include extra O2 to O2 minutes
  • grumpyoldbatgrumpyoldbat Posts: 3,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kevin619 wrote: »
    Some of the NEWER tariffs do include extra O2 to O2 minutes

Which isn't much use as almost everyone I know who was on O2 has left them! Mind you, so have I!:D