Beyonce and Jay-z, could you please donate some of the money you are throwing away?!!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 683
Forum Member
✭✭
These two do NOT live in the real world. How can someone spend £50,000 on such a thing?!!!

There are charities out there crying out for money to be donated and these two are throwing it away!

The general public seem to agree with me on this
http://i.imgur.com/3XFm5.png?1?4871

News Article
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2261634/Beyonc-Jay-Z-spend-50-000-diamond-encrusted-Barbie-Blue-Ivys-birthday.html

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    It's an insane amount of money to be spent :/ It's a very nice doll but will she really notice the difference between that and a regular one? Idgi.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tacky and vulgar and par for the course with these two. While they're entitled to spend their money how they wish, their very public and tasteless ostentation says so much about who and what they are.

Harry Belafonte was spot on about them when when he pulled them up on their so-called social awareness. They talk the talk but £50k diamond encrusted dolls are really what they're all about.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi, I don't think Beyonce and Jay Z are members of DigitalSpy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We don't know for sure if the story is true, but if it is then yes what a waste of money that could have been put to much better use.

Their daughter is one right? So I'm not sure she could even play with the doll, surely it's a choking hazard and could stratch her ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 172
    Forum Member
    Beyonce's music has been poor compared to her previous works for year, Jay - Z is nothing special either yet him and Kanye are somehow the kings of rap music atm yet as a couple they are being made out to be Gods gift at the moment...Not that my opinion there has anything to do with the topic but the fact is that is their money that they earnt fair and square and they can do what they like with it, tbf they have probably givien alot more than £50,000 away to charity anyway...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I had that kind of money I'd do it.. Im not going to lie saying id give my money to the poor etc I mean sure id give some and im sure they do.

But if i could afford to spoil my kid just a little bit I would.

I also dont think they are the ones reporting on what they are buying clearly someone is selling their story.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Geneve wrote: »
    If I had that kind of money I'd do it.. Im not going to lie saying id give my money to the poor etc I mean sure id give some and im sure they do.

I also dont think they are the ones reporting on what they are buying clearly someone is selling their story.

The Sun is a credible enough source to believe the story
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,290
    Forum Member
    When I was a kid, a cardboard box was enough to fascinate me for weeks. It could be a car, a bus, a hideout, a fortress etc....

Diamonds wouldn't have made much difference to me
  • Kyle_TKyle_T Posts: 1,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Geneve wrote: »

I can believe it. The two of them are as flash and tacky as they come.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I lost what little time or respect I had for them, when I heard they tried to trademark the name 'Blue Ivy'.

Sure, it's their money and they have a lot of it - but it's crass, ostentatious and obscene to spend so much on one item that will probably be tired of very quickly.
  • nerdgirlfromthek83nerdgirlfromthek83 Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If they have so much money could they please lends some to me as i'm struggling to pay my bills.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's their money. They can do what ever they want with it. I personally think that is a ridiculous gift for a one year old, but so what? It didn't come out of my pocket. They do donate money. Beyonce just gave all the money she got for performing for Ghadaffi(a whole other issue entirely) to charity. I'm so over the public trying to dictate what people do with their money. There is an article about Jessie J right now on DM and a lot of the comments are about how she is spending all this money and what not because she is in Singapore, not knowing that she is performing and all that is because she is there to perform and so what if she was on holiday? It's her money. Just like Jay-Z and Beyonce can buy whatever it is they want for their daughter.

It's easy to say that that is something you would never do if you did have the money because it isnt sitting in your pocket, but however you feel about it, it's theirs to spend however they want and they aren't asking for you, me, or anyone else to approve.
  • BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    £50,000 to them is like £20 to us
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 175
    Forum Member
    nicmars wrote: »
    These two do NOT live in the real world. How can someone spend £50,000 on such a thing?!!!

There are charities out there crying out for money to be donated and these two are throwing it away!

The general public seem to agree with me on this
    http://i.imgur.com/3XFm5.png?1?4871

News Article
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2261634/Beyonc-Jay-Z-spend-50-000-diamond-encrusted-Barbie-Blue-Ivys-birthday.html

I'll bet they really care what you think. :D

I hope they are avoiding tax as well!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    diamond encrusted, wont pass CE testing, hope it doesnt choke.
  • Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's a choking hazard waiting to happen. Hopefully the child isn't actually getting it to play with.

They are quite a disgusting pair.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 54
    Forum Member
    Obviously though, they are effectively just paying for the diamonds that can easily be taken off the doll...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    I find suggestions like these vulgar. How would you like it some busybody came up to you and told you how to spend your money?
    I personally have splurged on things that are worth half my yearly salary but completely materialistic like shoes. WHY? :confused:

Because it made me happy. :D I work hard and so does Beyonce.
    If you want to give to charity do so of your own accord with your own money - nothing is stopping you.
    If you want to encourage others to give go join a charity and get some donations.
    As for the article - dailymail have gotten it wrong before they said she had a crib made out of diamonds. Not true!
  • Millie MuppetMillie Muppet Posts: 6,853
    Forum Member
    I don't believe this story, any more than I believe the other ones about Swarovski cots and Louis Vuitton babygros, or the ones about Mariah Carey demanding kittens and puppies to play with.

It's not because I'm a staunch defender of Beyonce, but I just reckon she and Jay-Z are easy targets on what was presumably a slow news day, and they wouldn't be bothered to confirm or deny such a pointless piece of trivia.

I don't know, I just reckon these celeb kids have much more normal childhoods than we actually hear about. Minus Romeo Beckham, natch. ;)
  • Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some people in this thread are unbelievable. How would you like it if someone came up to you and told you how you should spend your money? They have $100's of million of dollars. £50,000 is like £30 to them. It's their lifestyle. Nobody here knows what they do with their money or how much they give to charity. They can afford a £50,000 barbie so why not? They can have whatever they want because they have got the money for it. If I had as much money as they have, I would buy myself a car worth over £1 million. Why? Because I can and I love cars. Anyway, anyone who actually believes this story needs to get out more.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,822
    Forum Member
    “What's 50 grand to a MF like me, can you please remind me?” ~~
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They have probably spent more than that on a car! I don't expect it's a 'toy', and will probably be more of an investment gift for their daughter on her first birthday. Putting £50,000 in a savings account would probably earn them less these days.
  • MikePJBMikePJB Posts: 5,514
    Forum Member
    Some people in this thread are unbelievable. How would you like it if someone came up to you and told you how you should spend your money? They have $100's of million of dollars. £50,000 is like £30 to them. It's their lifestyle. Nobody here knows what they do with their money or how much they give to charity. They can afford a £50,000 barbie so why not? They can have whatever they want because they have got the money for it. If I had as much money as they have, I would buy myself a car worth over £1 million. Why? Because I can and I love cars. Anyway, anyone who actually believes this story needs to get out more.

Lol I know some people here are so over the top calling them disgusting and tacky. There one of the least tacky couples out there.

And they've donated to charity in the past and no doubt will still do so in the future. I'm sure they've done more than anyone here has done for charity anyway.
  • goonerladygoonerlady Posts: 978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't have a problem about how they spend their money I just find it sad at how much celebs are paid and how some people act like they are gods!

The other day my daughter was asking me why doctors and nurses were not the highest paid people rather than some celeb.I had no answer.
  • iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    MikePJB wrote: »
    Lol I know some people here are so over the top calling them disgusting and tacky. There one of the least tacky couples out there.

And they've donated to charity in the past and no doubt will still do so in the future. I'm sure they've done more than anyone here has done for charity anyway.

This.

And the diamonds aren't pinned to it. Clearly bracelets which can be taken off (it's done for a picture perfect princess image).