Philip Schofield given disciplinary action by ITV

RobRob Posts: 4,168
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/#TWEET364077

I personally think this is ridiculous. And after what Cameron said about gay people being "under risk of accusations," the disciplinary action should be going elsewhere. :mad:

Comments

• ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RobInnes wrote: »

I personally think this is ridiculous. And after what Cameron said about gay people being "under risk of accusations," the disciplinary action should be going elsewhere. :mad:

Not much point in this story unless they say what the ''disciplinary action'' is. Has he been deducted an hour's pay ? Sentenced to do TM five days a week ? Another cop-out.
  • CelticMythCelticMyth Posts: 3,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Philip runs ITV- they wouldn't dare.
  • premixxedpremixxed Posts: 3,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, he's sat on the saddle and whipping the cattle's arse.

Very good of the bookers to get someone he could deffo patronise.

Woo-hoo, Phil grab your knees, pretend you care and take the reigns.... .. .. .

I have made a list about people which may guess about domestic abuse.

A three minute check on the internet has produced a list.

Schofield is on my list.

#analinNZ
  • domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member
    I'd like to see him sacked.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Appropriate disciplinary action". Yeah yeah, they've rationed his smarm quota, reducing his false corpsing by one a day.
  • SaturnSaturn Posts: 18,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Wow, people just love twisting what David Cameron actually said.
  • premixxedpremixxed Posts: 3,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that Mr. Schofield's days are numbered.
  • CFC1905CFC1905 Posts: 90
    Forum Member
    It doesn't say anything about action against Schofield, it says itv have taken action against 'This Morning' smug Phil isn't mentioned.
  • phill363phill363 Posts: 24,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    premixxed wrote: »
    I think that Mr. Schofield's days are numbered.

wouldn't count on it, he could survive a nuclear bomb.
  • jlighthijlighthi Posts: 1,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CFC1905 wrote: »
    It doesn't say anything about action against Schofield, it says itv have taken action against 'This Morning' smug Phil isn't mentioned.

On the BBC website in a story about the BBC crisis it specifically says. "ITV News' UK editor Lucy Manning confirmed: "Phillip Schofield plus some of the This Morning production staff have been disciplined." "
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unless he's been fined a substantial amount of money, there's not much they can do about it. I mean a suspension, even without pay, (if it were possible under his "terms and conditions of employment"), would be like cutting off their noses to spite their faces.
    Never took to him, "Gordon" always had far more charisma.
  • GloriaSnockersGloriaSnockers Posts: 2,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cameron's comment seemed out of place to me at the time, but I don't think that disciplining Phillip Schofield/This Morning is ridiculous. Whether or not the names on the list could be seen by the public, suggesting that facts could be found with a quick search of the internet would only have led either to the persecution of the innocent or to the guilty getting off scot-free - because any conviction could be easily overturned because the trial had already been prejudiced before it started. Nothing about that would bring justice for the real victims, who are in the corner I assume we're all fighting for.

What I do think ridiculous is the idea that private disciplinary action is 'appropriate' for a public transgression.
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,512
    Forum Member
    Saturn wrote: »
    Wow, people just love twisting what David Cameron actually said.

It amazes me what some people 'think' they hear :mad:

All this is about Schofield and his unprofessional findings on the net !
  • occyoccy Posts: 64,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Philip Schofield is not a News Journalist and should stick to entertainment. He would never had done this years ago when he was at Radio One doing his Sunday Show and Roadshows and Going Live, Talking Telephone Numbers etc etc... He should consider what he is, and stop being something he's not.

Overall he comes across as a nice guy, but these investigations regarding Jimmy Savile and the Tories etc etc have gone to some celebrities heads and not leaving it to the right people to deal with it.
  • SCD-ObserverSCD-Observer Posts: 18,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Phil should just stop showing himself ever from TV from now on. What a cheap stunt and I am so glad it came back biting him right on his arse.
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good! smug git.:mad:
  • MACTOWINMACTOWIN Posts: 34,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pity he was not sacked for trying to be a smart .ss.
  • Trappedin80'sTrappedin80's Posts: 6,270
    Forum Member
    This is surely gross misconduct. Get rid.
  • jake lylejake lyle Posts: 6,146
    Forum Member
    Can you imagine if he had done that on the BBC:eek:.
  • OpaqueOpaque Posts: 5,286
    Forum Member
    If Cameron pulled out another list from his pocket and said 'this list I have has your name on it, when did you first abuse a young child?' what would he have said in response? After all the fact that it's not true isn't the point. It was a list of names from the internet so by Schofields sense of outrage should be treated in the same way as the one he gave Cameron.
    Taking a list off the web and treating it as fact isn't journalism and shouldn't have been used in this way.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would the BBC have gotten away with saying that the Newsnight staff had been given "appropriate disciplinary action" without detailing what the action was??
  • v0idv0id Posts: 1,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    Would the BBC have gotten away with saying that the Newsnight staff had been given "appropriate disciplinary action" without detailing what the action was??

I'm sure they did say that when they suspended Jonothan Ross without pay over the Andrew Sachs debacle

It's an internal matter, no need to tell the press exactly what it is
  • Jaggy2409Jaggy2409 Posts: 112
    Forum Member
    Wouldn't the presenter be doing as they were told, with some programmes like this morning allowing the presenter for influence
  • lavender50lavender50 Posts: 596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i wonder what the advertisers think?
    after all any programme on itv does have to consider the effects on advertising.
    iv stopped watching This Morning, its cheap and tacky
  • Killary45Killary45 Posts: 1,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And after what Cameron said about gay people being "under risk of accusations," the disciplinary action should be going elsewhere. :mad:

I would never vote for Cameron, but there was nothing at all wrong with his reaction to Schofield, in fact it was exactly the right response.