Comments

• RandysbackRandysback Posts: 3,404
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here come the Mid-wifes.. Promoting hard work and healthy eatin :cool:
  • gillypandagillypanda Posts: 13,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been waiting for this episode - isn't this the little nan who runs in the corridor and calls "help, he's out!" ??
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    I stopped watching this programme, I feel a lot of the patients are playing up to the camera!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    Ah, I loved Baby Nathen's parents (Jude and Mike)! I could relate to Jude so much when she talked about her background.

How amazing was it to see her husband praying for her and the baby, as she was having strong contractions? I'm glad all went well in the end for mum and baby.

it is quite clear that Bethany is going to be an fantastic Mummy.
  • LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    His face when he walked in and realised he'd missed Alfie's birth...priceless :D couldn't help but find that funny.

I found watching Nathan's birth very traumatic, must have been terrifying for the parents. So glad it ended well.
  • RandysbackRandysback Posts: 3,404
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If this program reflects the population of Leeds then 90% of the people there are brain dead Zombies. "a met im darnt job centre then he came to us ouse firt tea ant that wer it":rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member
    Lovely couples in this last of series. Beth's grandmother is amazing too. :)
  • clairekbclairekb Posts: 79
    Forum Member
    That young couple worried me. The VT of him saying this would be the most important day of his life but then he was too busy smoking to be there. When he came in and kissed the baby I was cringing, I could almost smell the smoke on his breath as he contaminated that poor baby. Also saying how shocked he was when she said she was pregnant 3 months after they met, contraception anyone?
  • LoonLoon Posts: 3,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Randysback wrote: »
    If this program reflects the population of Leeds then 90% of the people there are brain dead Zombies. "a met im darnt job centre then he came to us ouse firt tea ant that wer it":rolleyes:

I can assure you this isn't all that accurate. Yorkshire has it's fair share of chavs but no more so than anywhere else. I'm just guessing that the chavs are a) more prolific breeders and b) more likely to be ok with cameras filming them!
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,849
    Forum Member
    Randysback wrote: »

No, it reflects the population of Leeds who when asked 'Do you want the most amazing and intimate thing ever in your life to be broadcast on Channel 4 in exchange for a few quid' said 'Yes Please'!
  • lynwood3lynwood3 Posts: 24,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    clairekb wrote: »
    That young couple worried me. The VT of him saying this would be the most important day of his life but then he was too busy smoking to be there. When he came in and kissed the baby I was cringing, I could almost smell the smoke on his breath as he contaminated that poor baby. Also saying how shocked he was when she said she was pregnant 3 months after they met, contraception anyone?

It does make you wonder how long they will last together.
    I have been watching 'Baby Bomb' which shows couples who have just had babies and how it affects their relationships. It is clear that some of them, similarly, met and had babies far too early after getting together and are very unlikely to be together by the time the baby has its first birthday.
  • ratty0ratty0 Posts: 2,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    clairekb wrote: »

I felt uncomfortable about them too, but not for the same reasons. I just thought she acted very young and seemed a bit kind of vulnerable. Almost like she was still a child - I know she was only 17 but I thought she came across as being mentally a lot younger. I don't know exactly what it was but they did seem a bit unaware. I found it funny that he said they couldn't take their eyes off each other in McDonalds yet she said she wasn't remotely attracted to him for a good while.

He was clearly agitated and I did find it quite funny that he missed the birth after being so worried about it. As someone said, the look on his face was priceless.