Sky HD Eco mode + remote record - potential problems?

Spud_workSpud_work Posts: 29
Forum Member
Hi,

I've just got the latest firmware update on my HD box, but as I'm about to leave the country for a few weeks I am a bit hesitant about enabling it as I'm not sure if any remote record requests that I send whilst I am away will work when the box is in this mode?

Does anyone know how remote record requests work when the box is in eco mode?

Comments

• HeathHayleHeathHayle Posts: 252
    Forum Member
    It works the same but I would be dubious because my Eco-mode has been crashing so if the recordings are important I would leave it in default
  • omnidirectionalomnidirectional Posts: 18,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Spud_work wrote: »
    Hi,

I've just got the latest firmware update on my HD box, but as I'm about to leave the country for a few weeks I am a bit hesitant about enabling it as I'm not sure if any remote record requests that I send whilst I am away will work when the box is in this mode?

Does anyone know how remote record requests work when the box is in eco mode?

The remote record request should be delivered when the box wakes up at around 5:30am.

The only issue is if you send a request at (for example) 3am for a programme shown at 5am, the box will not be awake in time to receive the request and record it.
  • sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The remote record request should be delivered when the box wakes up at around 5:30am.

The only issue is if you send a request at (for example) 3am for a programme shown at 5am, the box will not be awake in time to receive the request and record it.

Are the requests held back for everyone? If not, how would the system that sends the signal to your box know it was off?
  • omnidirectionalomnidirectional Posts: 18,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are the requests held back for everyone? If not, how would the system that sends the signal to your box know it was off?

According to http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/sky-hd-supertelly/52287-more-new-features-skys-epg.html:
    Also whilst the STB is in Eco mode's deep sleep state, if you send any over-the-air scheduled recordings using the Sky+ app or the Sky website, they will not be received until the STB wakes up. For information, the over-the-air signal is repeated until just before the programme or film is due to start, thus reducing the chance of you missing it.

I also tested it myself by sending a remote record from the Sky+ app while the box was in "deep sleep", the scheduled recording had appeared in the planner the next morning.