Is there a site wo find out the signal strength in my area?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 337
Forum Member
Just about to buy a freeview aerial but not sure If I'm in a S/M/W area. Is there a site out there that you can punch your postacode in and find out?

Comments

• SteveMcKSteveMcK Posts: 5,457
    Forum Member
    Buelligan wrote:
    Just about to buy a freeview aerial but not sure If I'm in a S/M/W area. Is there a site out there that you can punch your postacode in and find out?
    http://www.wolfbane.co.uk/ select the "Digital TV predictor"
  • Richard46Richard46 Posts: 59,830
    Forum Member
    Wolfbane gives useful info; there is a Digital TV Group one which I cannot link to at mo seems to be down. Will add later if I can get it.
    Unfortunately none of them are totally accurate as they do not take account of all local factors. They are often pessimistic.
    Asking neighbours what they can get might be worth trying as well.
  • Richard46Richard46 Posts: 59,830
    Forum Member
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 337
    Forum Member
    Thanks Rich, seen that site before but it doesn't tell me If I am in a strong, medium, or weak area. Looking at the neighbours aerials I might be in a weak area. Anyone know where the Rowridge antenna is?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 337
    Forum Member
    Ah, IOW. Fgures, thx Sim.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,768
    Forum Member
    I am in Bransgore - and get a good signal after lots of work.

There are places where you may have difficulty...

Anywhere behind Thorney Hill or Poulner hill (near Ringwood) and any of the hills between Bransgore and Ringwood.

Anywhere behind St Catherines hill (Christchurch).

Anywhere north of the A31 to the east of Ringwood.

Most of the other to the west of the forest areas are not too difficult.

Google earth shows the Rowridge transmitter on the IOW - it is about half-way S->N and about 1/3 from W->E of the IOW.

Post the first part of your Postcode (Mine is BH23) and we can help more...

Alternatively use... Megalithia terrain plotter and then you can see any problem 'land' in the way - if you click on the profile produced it will zoom up a map of the area around the 'click'.

You will need your grid ref for mregalithia - which you can get from the Wolfbane digital predictor or multimap.