Was anyone from this show successful at all?

YesYes Posts: 364
Forum Member
I see that Tyler got to number 39 in the chart :D. He was a terrible singer so he should be quite happy with that.

Comments

• SamuelWSamuelW Posts: 8,447
    Forum Member
    Series one contestants will release their new material in a couple months to coincide with the second series of The Voice. They will have some success then.
  • penelopesimpsonpenelopesimpson Posts: 14,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SamuelW wrote: »
    Series one contestants will release their new material in a couple months to coincide with the second series of The Voice. They will have some success then.

Really?
  • boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really?

Come back in 2 weeks, see whether anyone's been successful then!:rolleyes:
  • mediaratmediarat Posts: 358
    Forum Member
    they are all probably more successful than before they went on the show so for the contestants it is probably worthwhile.
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Yes wrote: »
    I see that Tyler got to number 39 in the chart :D. He was a terrible singer so he should be quite happy with that.
    I don't think the Winners in America have done well either.

And they will be on the 4th season this Spring.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    Tyler's 2nd single is out next week, and is played quite a bit on Radio1, 1Xtra and Capital. Who knows, it might be too early for sarcastic smiley faces and joyous feasting over the unsuccessfulness of others.

Then again, you might end up being right. In that case I'll say: congratulations, and then you can have a nice party.
  • Grace250Grace250 Posts: 150
    Forum Member
    I agree with what mediarat said. I imagine all of the finalists are definitely in a significantly better position than they were a year ago. And probably some of the acts who didn't make it to the final too. Just because people aren't at no.1 in the charts with some track someone else wrote for them doesn't mean they can't have careers in music - which they obviousy weren't having before or they wouldn't have entered the voice. Seems like a lot of them are touring and recording, so good for them!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 427
    Forum Member
    Stansfield wrote: »
    I don't think the Winners in America have done well either.

And they will be on the 4th season this Spring.

America's very different, even the x factor winners havent done well, and american idol winners are finding it harder and harder to be successful

also the voice season 1 and 2 winners in america werent very commercial, however im pretty sure season 3 winner cassadee pope will be very successful as she has a big following and will be doing country pop/rock which is in at the moment (think taylor swift)
  • maggie_07maggie_07 Posts: 1,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with Grace250. It seems several of them are a lot busier touring now than they were before The Voice and are building up their fan bases. Also some have now got recording contracts but most haven't released albums yet so it's much too early to say whether they will be successful. Several are writing their own material for their albums and that takes time. Success isn't just about having an immediate No 1 record.
  • Dreammaster695Dreammaster695 Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i love how you say there doing better than before.. taylor has had more sucessful singles and the first winner of the voice had better sales before he won
    Forum Member
    i love how you say there doing better than before.. taylor has had more sucessful singles and the first winner of the voice had better sales before he won

Personally I was talking about the UK contestants, I've never seen any other version on TV over here so I don't know who was on it or how they're doing, but on the UK version they're definitely doing better than they were before. I think all the 4 finalists are now signed to major labels, and the semi-finalists all have management and gigs etc. going on by the looks of things. For the finalists at least, they definitely haven't gone back to their day jobs and are able to give a musical career a shot
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 456
    Forum Member
    Bo bruce is the one to watch.
    Forum Member
    Bo bruce is the one to watch.

I definitely agree with you on this - I saw her twitcam and her album sounds absolutely amazing! Lets just hope that her label give her some decent promo so that people know it's out
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Define success. That means different things for different people. Having multiple sold out shows seems like success to me and Vince has done that.
  • SelenaSelena Posts: 29,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes wrote: »

What you failed to mention was that Tyler reached number 39 with his cover of "Higher Love" which was not a official single and had no airplay or publicity and was cherry-picked off the album released by the show about a month after the show ended featuring music by the final 8 contestants pretty good going if you ask me. :) Also his single "Single Tear" reached number 28 and his second single "Worry About You" looks like its going to chart and is getting good airplay at the moment.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Worry About You charts it'll actually be Tylers 5TH top 40 single.... a lot of artists dont ever manage to achieve that.
  • Simon RodgersSimon Rodgers Posts: 4,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jessie J and Tom Jones were successful, I guess.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah it seems like the judges benefited more from the show than the contestants. Danny and Will both got a huge #1 together and Will got another two #1's as well.
  • Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This show is dreadful. Its no surprise the winner is barely known in UK showbiz.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,505
    Forum Member
    I couldn't name any of the contestants.
  • Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I couldn't name any of the contestants.
    Neither could I. Why did they renew it? Its just going to go the same way IMO.
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 109,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I cant even remember the name of the bigger lass than won was it Leanne or was that another show
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    Well, Tyler James entered the chart at #38 with his second single 'Worry about you' today. Not a massively high position, but it did chart...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, Tyler James entered the chart at #38 with his second single 'Worry about you' today. Not a massively high position, but it did chart...

If Tyler, who was a "hot" act from The Voice can't chart (incredibly so far this has done WORSE than Single Tear despite the much better publicity for this song) then god help the rest of them.

I cant see Leanne getting anywhere. Vince- I can see going the same way as Tyler.

Bo is the only 1 of the final 4 who might make a reasonable impact in the music biz. We'll have to wait and see.
  • JayPee86JayPee86 Posts: 3,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    no, and its the same for america. its all abit of an embaressment, still, its entertaining while its on :)