The 1975 - Debut Album

PhilT1808PhilT1808 Posts: 594
Forum Member
✭✭
...is currently number 1 on ITunes album downloads. Anybody bought this or intend on buying it?

What did you think?

Comments

• pixiegirl123pixiegirl123 Posts: 15,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've brought it (Well the majority of it, 3 tracks don't seem to like me and won't download, anyone know why this might be? Might as well ask since I'm bringing it up :D)

What I've is good though. Not what I expected though, more variation than I thought they would be (not that is a bad thing).On first listen the only track I don't really like is M.O.N.E.Y. but I don't dislike it, my favourtie is a toss up between Chochlate and Girls, both of which I had heard before :D
  • constantino_chrconstantino_chr Posts: 673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One of the best albums of the year by far! It manages to keep it's momentum and my attention for 16 track which is an achievement in itself!!! :D:D:D:D:D
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,917
    Forum Member
    I can't decide whether or not I like the guy's voice...Anyone else the same?
  • User68571User68571 Posts: 3,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a pretty good album, I've got the deluxe edition with all the EP's added on. I wouldn't say every song is amazing, there's the odd one or two lesser tracks irrespective of the marketing PR saying otherwise. It's quite a throwback to the 80's and his vocals are really good. Composition wise they tend to fall into two areas. Slow and moody, and mid tempo slow, they tend to stick to a certain tempo and never really stray to far from it. There's a huge amount of tap delay effects on the guitars and I kinda get the impression the songs stem from whatever default delay setting the guitarist uses, and thus always have a similar tempo.

The album is very well produced and sounds very slick, lyrically it's quite sharp with relatable scenarios being played out. I do worry it's a little too 'right on' trend for it not to age quickly though. As a first album goes it's a really good effort and much better than a lot of things around at the moment. I think the singer is what makes them, I hope to hear more good things in the future.
    Personal Standout Tracks
    Heart Out
    Settle Down
    Girls
    Me
  • CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only just found out today that one of them I'd Denise Welchs son. She's always going on about her sons band. Never realised they were actually any god though, the album is great.