Bond on Region 2

Take a look at dvdnews.co.uk and see the benefits of the Region 2. If they continue to do this will you buy British?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 71
    Forum Member
    I am very pleased with the release of the World is not Enough on region 2. It seems to be crammed full of excellent extra's. I have just pre-ordered a copy.

Unfortunately I shall still be going to Region 1 to collect the other bond films as they are released in nice boxed sets which work out better value for money. If the boxed sets of the older bond films were released in region 2, then I would buy british.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    Unfortunately MGM have no plans to release a boxset in 2000.
    Forum Member
    Then I guess region 1 it is then. Why should I pay extra to buy them all individually. You just know they will release the box sets here next year when most people have already forked out the extra cash of buying them individually.

What a con.
  • NikhilNikhil Posts: 990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be honest though, most of us commited James Bond fans have all the videos anyway. I plan on converting to DVD but only slowly. It's not like i haven't seen the films already! I've ordered The World Is Not Enough (R1 but i'm seriously considering cancelling and going R2) What i'm trying to say is that if you have the videos wait a year until the box set comes out (or go to region 1 - you'll probably get it cheaper) Just a note though that the James bond box set isn't the complete set of movies it is just a select few (i think of 6 or 7 mind you that is the box set last time i looked -is there a new one out or something)

Anyway i'm going to wait and in the meantime buy the latest box office smashes first on DVD!
    P.S Good tip, fight club two DVD box set June release, bound to be excellent.
    Forum Member
    All the bond films will be released in boxed sets in region 1. There will be 3 box sets in total, of which 2 have now been released. The third is due in october I think.
  • Peter_KelamisPeter_Kelamis Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    My brother has got quite a big boxset of James Bond series DVDs, and they even came in a fancy silver tin box! :D
  • evil cevil c Posts: 7,833
    Forum Member
    My brother has got quite a big boxset of James Bond series DVDs, and they even came in a fancy silver tin box! :D

Hi there Peter and welcome to DS. I caught another of your posts on a thread originating in 2002 and here's this one from 2000. Just to let you know as a new member that re-opening threads from way back when isn't the way to endear yourself to some forum members (FMs).

It's ancient history and we kinda live in the present, thread wise. Quite a few new FMs do it though so you are not alone.
  • BrooklynBoyBrooklynBoy Posts: 10,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    evil c wrote: »
    Hi there Peter and welcome to DS. I caught another of your posts on a thread originating in 2002 and here's this one from 2000. Just to let you know as a new member that re-opening threads from way back when isn't the way to endear yourself to some forum members (FMs).

It's ancient history and we kinda live in the present, thread wise. Quite a few new FMs do it though so you are not alone.

Oh but this was the notorious "pink teddy" who makes new accounts purely to bump old threads because it annoys people.
  • evil cevil c Posts: 7,833
    Forum Member
    Oh OK thanks. Perhaps the mods will suss it out then.