The Good Wife Season 3 - More4 - 12th Jan - No Spoilers

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 108
    Forum Member
    Almost time...... *happy dance*
  • FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    I love this programme but it's been ruined by Will and Alicia shagging. it's boring, predictable, and means I have to turn the sound off when they're at it.

Shame, it's ruined one of the few programmes I love.
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    It's been 1 episode :confused:

Not sure wtf that was on the train, but aside from that, I enjoyed it.
  • FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    NinjyBear wrote: »
    It's been 1 episode :confused:

Not sure wtf that was on the train, but aside from that, I enjoyed it.

Well I did actually post at the end of the last season that I dreaded this season cos they'll be putting Will and Alicia together, there'll be much coy pretence that there;s nothing going on while they're snogging and shagging in secret, and because it was so predictable, that's exactly what's happening already.

The rest of the episode I loved, but the unsavoury (to me) bits I just turned the sound off to and ignored it.
    Luckily I watch everything these days via V+ (to avoid the adverts) so avoiding the Alicia/Will shagging and snogging bits I can easily do thanks to the fast foward button!
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Well I enjoyed the first episode, even the A&W 'bits'....which didn't really last that long.;)

And judging by how the first case turned out, Kalinda {boots} & Sophia {legs}.... need their own series.:cool:

Grace's tutor....is Mad.

Power Up!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    I really enjoyed the opening episode. I agree that Alicia & Will acting as if nothing happened but seeing each other in secret was predictable but it is logical to the story.
    I love seeing more of Eli and Grace's new tutor was brilliant. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens in court now Peter can anticipate what Alicia will do.
  • NormandieNormandie Posts: 4,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love seeing more of Eli and Grace's new tutor was brilliant. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens in court now Peter can anticipate what Alicia will do.
    Yes to all of that. :cool: Re the bib, I'm slightly worried that Alicia begins to slide towards a victim role. I don't want Peter to beat her... in a legal sense, I mean. :D I do like the Peter character and while he was something of a lying sleazeball, I do think he had somewhat cleaned up his act and was genuinely (to his surprise) in love with Alicia again. So while I'll enjoy the friction between them, I still want her to be wonderful and win.

The Will / Alicia = fantastic sex plot could get old quickly, though. However, despite a bit of frantic tonsil-examination and a few tango-esque leg flings and a possible (silent) omg OMG moment, we're not seeing that much that often so I don't think prudists can really complain. ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah it was a good start, with an interesting case. Kalinda is gold, and Alan Cumming as Eli is fantastic.

I just hope it doesn't delve into a full-scale Alicia = good vs Cary (& Peter) = bad thing, as that could get tiresome quite quickly. It was rather ridiculous late last season that they would oppose each other on every single case. Plus they seemed to be turning Cary into a cartoon-villain, and it continued here with the traffic photo "peace-offering". All that's missing from him is the twirling moustache.
    Flukie wrote: »
    I love this programme but it's been ruined by Will and Alicia shagging. it's boring, predictable, and means I have to turn the sound off when they're at it.

Yeah the romance stuff I always found the weakest. The whole Will/Alicia will they won't they, I found rather boring. That shagging scene was a bit creepy too as you could clearly hear children shouting from the next apartment. It was a bit weird.
  • burnoutbabeburnoutbabe Posts: 201
    Forum Member
    I watched it and enjoyed but have totally blanked how te case ended up. Last i recall was them asking the judge to recuse himself (as he'd paid some moneys to some fund) and carey saying the next day was some jewish festival. And then I must have missed some vital thing.

was the case closed? who did it?
    Forum Member

was the case closed? who did it?
    Kalinda & Sophia 'arrested' that guy in the Bar, he did it.
  • NormandieNormandie Posts: 4,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...was the case closed? who did it?
    The third room mate. Though, as my dog decided he really had to go out "right now" at that point, I missed the motive. A sexual relationship...?
  • Jo09Jo09 Posts: 3,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Normandie wrote: »
    The third room mate. Though, as my dog decided he really had to go out "right now" at that point, I missed the motive. A sexual relationship...?

He was gay, had a thing with the murdered guy then non intentinally murdered him when he found out he had met someone else. Then dressed it up to be a hate crime.
  • bel110bel110 Posts: 14,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did we ever find out Calinda's secret? Can't remember ..... :confused:
    Forum Member
    bel110 wrote: »
    Did we ever find out Calinda's secret? Can't remember ..... :confused:

Peter helped her change her name when she worked at the SA office & she slept with him
  • bel110bel110 Posts: 14,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Peter helped her change her name when she worked at the SA office & she slept with him

Yes that's right, thanks, but we still don't know why she had to change her name? Or do we?
    Forum Member
    bel110 wrote: »
    Yes that's right, thanks, but we still don't know why she had to change her name? Or do we?

I don't think they gave the reason as such - just along the lines of she didn't like her life before so changed it. I think Cary made a comment about how loads of people change their life but don't go to the extreme of changing their name. I'd imagine she was running from something/ one but they didn't explore it that deeply.
  • SuperbeastSuperbeast Posts: 1,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think they gave the reason as such - just along the lines of she didn't like her life before so changed it. I think Cary made a comment about how loads of people change their life but don't go to the extreme of changing their name. I'd imagine she was running from something/ one but they didn't explore it that deeply.

She has a husband in Canada, that's as much as Blake got on her before she took a baseball bat to him to get him to back off.
  • Barney06Barney06 Posts: 123,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Much better episode tonight than last weeks opener , Kalindia & Eli stole the show , they will make some team . Thought Eddie Izzard put in a decent performance as well .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 276
    Forum Member
    Agreed, the scenes between Eli and Kalinda were a treat. " Why have we never met before...?" Yes, indeed!
    Forum Member
    regandron wrote: »
    Agreed, the scenes between Eli and Kalinda were a treat. " Why have we never met before...?" Yes, indeed!
    You took the quote, right out of my notes.;)..But was it "How have I never met you before".....Kalinder & Eli, forever.:cool:

Great episode......and what is Pete {Flick reporter} up to.:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 108
    Forum Member
    Great episode- loved Kalinda and Eli- bring on more scenes together.

Also liked the whole British court stuff and super injunction references. Very clever and mirrored recent events in our media!

I wish I knew what Peter was up to.. Thats the joy of this show to me- all the political and personal undercurrents and intrigue. I'm rubbish at working it out which actually makes it more fun when it becomes clearer!!

Love it love it love it:D
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Why are Will and Diane so against having their books looked at? Is there something from season 2 that I am forgetting?
  • Eagle9aEagle9a Posts: 20,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why are Will and Diane so against having their books looked at? Is there something from season 2 that I am forgetting?

Unless they are worried that some of Bishops money was a bit dodgy.

Anyway I was thinking that if they refused to show "voluntarily" all Peter would have to do is tip off the IRS and they could do an audit as a random spot check.

Great episode I thought, very well written to bring in the NOTW scandals and the super injunctions farce
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah it was a good episode. Izzard and Will trying to out-macho each other in his office was hilarious. They are doing a good job of keeping Peter in the loop.

Probably because it would be a massive invasion of privacy. Plus the State's Attorney could see who their clients were and they could end up possible targets. Plus he wasn't auditing the other 2 candidates so Peter was trying to wield his power over them.
  • player1player1 Posts: 2,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Julianna Margolies looks younger now than she ever did. From ER through each series of TGW she not only hasn't aged but has become "hot" - surgically enduced ?