Doctors Name....

LydiaRowlingLydiaRowling Posts: 338
Forum Member
If we ever did discover the doctors name does anyone else think they'll go for something incredibly ordinary such as

JOHN

or

STEVE

Or even

DONALD after one of the shows creators?

Comments

• James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    Yeah it turns out his name really is John Smith after all
    Forum Member
    I do wonder though if this could to the return of The Master as The Master knew The Doctor at The Academy and before he took the name of The Doctor then he must know his real name.
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I typed John Smith into a Time Lord Name generator and it spat out....
    Orghackarmosdrashytonytanmorenolda.
    So there you go.
  • AdelaideGirlAdelaideGirl Posts: 3,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But his renegade Time lord name would be ... Warmonger .
  • saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope we never find out his name.
  • November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member
    I hope we never find out his name.

I second that, otherwise 50 years of the show's history would be ruined.
  • Sara_PeplowSara_Peplow Posts: 1,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well there is one person who knows it. Back in the library she used it to get 10 to trust her.10 then claimed there would only ever be one reason or time when he could reveal his name to anyone. 11 said he told her at the wedding but that was probably a lie. Instead he told her he was actually hiding in the tesselecta. Think it could be a twist. We are beign set up for teh question. Whichjis suppsoe to be the answer to "doctor who ?". Will probably turn out to be something to do with the time war. Look forward to finding out in mays finale.:):D:confused::eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surely the Master knows his name?
  • GDKGDK Posts: 9,467
    Forum Member
    Perhaps Trenzalore is the new name for "Cheers".

:D
  • So 3008So 3008 Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's Curtis.

Noel Clarke revealed that six seven years ago.
  • roland ratroland rat Posts: 13,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do wonder though if this could to the return of The Master as The Master knew The Doctor at The Academy and before he took the name of The Doctor then he must know his real name.
    I dont think the master would know the doctor real name, otherwise he could justy say it, and the end arrives
  • sebbie3000sebbie3000 Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    Well there is one person who knows it. Back in the library she used it to get 10 to trust her.10 then claimed there would only ever be one reason or time when he could reveal his name to anyone. 11 said he told her at the wedding but that was probably a lie. Instead he told her he was actually hiding in the tesselecta. Think it could be a twist. We are beign set up for teh question. Whichjis suppsoe to be the answer to "doctor who ?". Will probably turn out to be something to do with the time war. Look forward to finding out in mays finale.:):D:confused::eek:

We know he didn't tell her his name at that point. We were told that he told her to look into his eyes - so she could see him waving back from inside.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I typed John Smith into a Time Lord Name generator and it spat out....
    Orghackarmosdrashytonytanmorenolda.
    So there you go.

How the ruddy hell do you pronounce that?:eek::eek::eek:
    Forum Member
    pajs1000 wrote: »
    How the ruddy hell do you pronounce that?:eek::eek::eek:

As they speak a different language to us it's actually pronounced Bob
  • johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    roland rat wrote: »
    I dont think the master would know the doctor real name, otherwise he could justy say it, and the end arrives

I don't think the universe just ends because someone says, or knows, the Doctor's name. If that was the case, then River would have already brought about the End Times in Season Four.
  • dhdefenderdhdefender Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    I don't think its a personal name that the Silents are worried about, it's his job name.
    He has has spent so much time on Earth - is it just coincidence that is also where the Silents have been? Have some of the many alien invaders throughout history been driven by a subconscious urge not merely to attack Earth but because it is the adopted home of the Silents? And maybe the Doctor knows something about this in his subconscious?

I suspect that the secret part of his name is something connected to this. If his name was revealed, although beings would still forget about the Silents, they would still know his name,he's such a significant figure.

So he's not simply "The Doctor", he's "The Doctor Against the Silents" or something like that (I can't think of a snappy title,, Stephen Moffat probably can)