LBC General Chit-Chat (Part 26)

Comments

• chinchinchinchin Posts: 125,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Recording of the radio awards please. :)

*Gets drunk and confused and plugs Martin into the nearest lampost*
  • jackyorkjackyork Posts: 6,608
    Forum Member
    Why does Duncan Barkes have to bring alcohol into every topic, I have nothing against drinking but he is obsessed.

Steve Allan likes to think he's younger than his real age, nothing wrong with that many people do it, Duncan Barkes does the opposite he comes across as someone in his 50s or 60s yet he's only 39. :confused:
  • gurney-sladegurney-slade Posts: 29,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jackyork wrote: »
    Why does Duncan Barkes have to bring alcohol into every topic, I have nothing against drinking but he is obsessed.

He does seem to like a drink. It's the main topic of his tweets! ;)

Morning all. :)
  • Charlie DrakeCharlie Drake Posts: 3,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Richard Park, Group Executive Director & Director of Broadcasting for Global won The Sony Special Award.

Results in full:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-22520061
  • Virgin QueenVirgin Queen Posts: 13,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jackyork wrote: »

Steve Allan likes to think he's younger than his real age, nothing wrong with that many people do it, Duncan Barkes does the opposite he comes across as someone in his 50s or 60s yet he's only 39. :confused:

He's only 39? Good grief. You're right. I'd have thought he was in his 50s at least.
  • makeba72makeba72 Posts: 5,723
    Forum Member

Danny Baker can't stop winning, yet hasn't got a full-time gig... amazing.
  • MartinRosenMartinRosen Posts: 33,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chinchin wrote: »
    Recording of the radio awards please. :)

*Gets drunk and confused and plugs Martin into the nearest lampost*

Although it follows a link for webcast, it only seems to list the winners. You will have to use your imagination as to how each of them came up and cried and said they wanted to thank their producer, the Management of the station etc. etc. !!

Drunk? You should listen to this presenter at BBC Radio Stoke (now you will realise why LBC don't let presenters on air on their last day!).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Drunk? You should listen to this presenter at BBC Radio Stoke (now you will realise why LBC don't let presenters on air on their last day!).

I seem to remember seeing some funny footage of Jeni Barnett, when she worked at LBC, at a radio awards ceremony. It could have been the Sonys or Arqiva. She was booked to hand out one of the prizes, which came towards the end of proceedings, by which time she was in a very jolly state! I've had a look but can't find it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for that Martin. :D:p

Highlights of the Sony's here:

http://audioboo.fm/boos/1391139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I seem to remember seeing some funny footage of Jeni Barnett, when she worked at LBC, at a radio awards ceremony. It could have been the Sonys or Arqiva. She was booked to hand out one of the prizes, which came towards the end of proceedings, by which time she was in a very jolly state! I've had a look but can't find it.

Yes, I remember it, but it was quite a few years ago.

BTW Isn't Jenni ... "two 'n's' one 'i' ?!!!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    deleted
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for that Martin. :D:p

Highlights of the Sony's here:

http://audioboo.fm/boos/1391139

You are learning to seek and find - well done. However, not interested in listening as the wonderful NF didn't win !!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    deleted

One of your better posts :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I remember it, but it was quite a few years ago.

BTW Isn't Jenni ... "two 'n's' one 'i' ?!!!!!

Like I said 'a very jolly state'. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like I said 'a very jolly state'. ;)

Here it is, Jenni being jolly in her nightie !!!

Ali Booker died soon after the award.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here it is, Jenni being jolly in her nightie !!!

Ali Booker died soon after the award.

Clever of you to find it! (smartarse :p ) Poor Jeni couldn't have had a worse category in which to behave inappropriately. And it was all Ferrari's fault! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clever of you to find it! (smartarse :p ) Poor Jeni couldn't have had a worse category in which to behave inappropriately. And it was all Ferrari's fault! :D

The person that sent it to me 'found' it !!!
  • thewilsonthewilson Posts: 1,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    coulsdon59 wrote: »
    Ferrari wins Bronze for Best news & current affairs programme.

Iain Dale didnt get anything for Best speech programme.

Seems they've still a way to go to emulate Gaunty's 3 Sony Golds. Keep trying.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    makeba72 wrote: »
    Danny Baker can't stop winning, yet hasn't got a full-time gig... amazing.

Just back from a 48 hr ban.Unreal.Lips are sealed.We had a chat and then.....Not you...someone else...:mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BurlyBeaR wrote: »
    Welcome to the quaint backwater that is the LBC thread. From experience I know you'll be regarded with a great deal of suspicion by many of the old lags round here and at times I'll wonder if your posts are actually visible on other people's devices, such is the lack of response to your remarks. So, hopefully this will prove that everything is working fine. Just keep banging away through the "probation" period and eventually acceptance will come, albeit reluctantly. :rolleyes:

Re your comments, I think the best people for the job shoud be on air. Whatever their race. The black and Asian presenters LBC have had in the past (Conrad and Azam) have been rubbish, so I don't think they should keep their jobs simply to maintain a quota. Maybe the black and Asian people interested in speech radio presenting and good enough to get them to the top of the talent pool may not be interested in working at LBC.

Be careful what you say on here,or you might get banned....i know the feeling of one...:mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FrankBT wrote: »
    It still is judging from so many callers.

"Hallo Nick - first time caller - you're my favourite presenter - I agree wiv everyfing you say - I hate cyclists - I'm a black cab driver - done the Knowledge so I'm a clever person - and I'm pretty clued up in politiks and everyfing else - Don't use minicabs or private hire as the drivers never know where there goin and if your a woman your probably get raped - bring back the death penalty" - etc, etc, ad nauseam,

I have been driving a black cab for thirty years...There are now over twenty eight thousand cab drivers.Nice to still be stereo typed:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I Am Back!....:eek:
  • occyoccy Posts: 64,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seems Iain Dale Publishing Company is going to publish Vicky Pryce Book when she gets around to write it.
  • Virgin QueenVirgin Queen Posts: 13,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    occy wrote: »
    Seems Iain Dale Publishing Company is going to publish Vicky Pryce Book when she gets around to write it.

Has the law changed? I thought you weren't allowed to profit from your crime/s. :confused:
  • makeba72makeba72 Posts: 5,723
    Forum Member
    Just back from a 48 hr ban.Unreal.Lips are sealed.We had a chat and then.....Not you...someone else...:mad:

Your PM function is off - I'd like to PM you if you can turn it back on?
This discussion has been closed.