Leanne is clearly better than Ruth

Vauxhall NovaVauxhall Nova Posts: 4,094
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just saying. But then Ruth is overrated.

Comments

• dee-recdee-rec Posts: 2,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, really dont like Ruth's style of singing.
  • LuxrayLuxray Posts: 13,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree, Leanne's got better control of her voice.

Hoping Tom saves Leanne but something tells me he won't.

EDIT: Oh I was proved wrong, yay :D
  • XFactorFanatic1XFactorFanatic1 Posts: 1,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Completely agree. Leanne's voice is outstanding. But Ruth is the shows favourite.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leanne has nothing interesting or unique about her voice. Big voice, good belter, but overall I find her tone to be displeasing. She did great last night though. Ruth may not be as big a belter, but there's a lot more to care about in her voice.
  • Vauxhall NovaVauxhall Nova Posts: 4,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leanne has nothing interesting or unique about her voice. Big voice, good belter, but overall I find her tone to be displeasing. She did great last night though. Ruth may not be as big a belter, but there's a lot more to care about in her voice.

There isn't.
  • 1fab1fab Posts: 20,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I prefer Ruth - she has a proper soul voice.
  • essexboyashessexboyash Posts: 20,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like both but prefer Leanne, the right 2 stayed Leanne was excellent

Would have saved Joelle over Tyler tho
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's mainly down to a preference of tone. Some people may like Leanne's 'smoother' higher tone, whereas others may prefers Ruth's more 'gritty' lower tone.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like both but prefer Leanne, the right 2 stayed Leanne was excellent

Agreed bby.
  • 1fab1fab Posts: 20,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes, me too. Joelle is a superior singer, in my opinion, but maybe Will went for the one he thinks has most public support - judging from the audience reaction, that seems to be Tyler.
  • Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree with you. Leanne is another Jayne MacDonald. Can't believe Tom picked her over Adam. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with you. Leanne is another Jayne MacDonald. Can't believe Tom picked her over Adam. :(

I can.
  • konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    Ruth has star quality, Leanne hasn't. Which is not saying which is the better singer by the way (but that's Ruth, lol).
  • Bagshot85Bagshot85 Posts: 8,248
    Forum Member
    Ruth was pretty awful last night. I'm not a fan of people who take the spot from more deserving talented people. Albeit she was granted the spot. I think emotions are also playing a part in the judges selections. :(
  • VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,868
    Forum Member
    Ruth's Father died I think....I think she is an average shouter.
  • SatanelSatanel Posts: 11,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Leanne is outstanding, Ruth is good too though.
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    Ruth's voice is greater, richer, deeper and generally fab. Leanne's voice is fine but I just don't think it's so distinctive.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,852
    Forum Member
    Last night Leanne was better.
  • RecordPlayerRecordPlayer Posts: 22,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree.
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    I love threads like this Leanne is clearly better than Ruth In your opinion she is but in others not.

I must say a lot of people in this forum seem very dogmatic in their views. I understand that when it's about political or social issues but when it's about an art form isn't everyone aware about personal taste differing even though abilities may be matched?

For the record I'll throw my hat into the ring and go for Ruth overall though I love Leanne's voice and recognise her talent.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I prefer Leanne. I didn't at first but last night she was excellent. Ruth was very good too but I felt her diction wasn't great and it was a bit shouty. Just my opinion, obviously she's very popular and will probably end up in the final instead of Leanne :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68
    Forum Member

Another Jayne McDonald you obviously need your hearing testing!!
  • Alli-FAlli-F Posts: 32,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leanne was shocking last week, Ruth was shocking this week, but overall Ruth has something special. When Leanne's good, she's very good, when Ruth's good, she's exceptional.

To be able to move people to tears with your voice is a God-given gift, if she could harness the power, she'd be extraordinary, all imo, of course. ;)
  • TheAuburnEnigmaTheAuburnEnigma Posts: 17,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It depends on the song for me.

In the first live show, I thought Ruth was great and did really well with the song. But last night, I was quite disappointed - her diction was awful and the song choice was one where she didn't need to belt it, the last bit was just shouting to my ears. I wonder whether she needs to be emotionally invested in the song in order to do well with it?

With Leanne, I don't really have much of an opinion on her. I'm surprised that Tom didn't put Adam through over her tbh.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 306
    Forum Member
    Ruth is a bit too shouty for me and she's not 100% with her timing either. I do prefer Leannes voice... but each to their own.