Knack demo on Jimmy Fallon show

gamercraiggamercraig Posts: 6,069
Forum Member
After MS's announcement last night I was wavering a bit, but seeing Knack being played briefly on the Jimmy Fallon show has totally put me back in the PS4 camp.
It just reminds me of what Sony can be about, F-U-N
And those graphics look lush. I know it can't be as good as the technology Pixar have but it doesn't look a million miles away.
And on a totally different tangent, Mark Cerny needs to train as a hypnotherapist. That intonation he has in his voice could persuade you to do ANYTHING :)

Comments

• gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree knack looked fun
  • Jenny1986Jenny1986 Posts: 16,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Listening to Mark Cerny almost lulls me to sleep, in a good way mind you. The game looks a lot of fun, I think it's being overlooked because it isn't so obviously 'next gen' but the animation of Knack (the Character) when he is big is really impressive I think, I like the comparison to Katamari, perhaps one of the most bonkers games I have ever had the pleasure to play.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The outside level looks a bit boring to me, quite sparse.

Ice level looked good though, and yeah his voice!

Link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Csr6ahk5RMg
  • jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member
    Mark Cerny fan club anyone?

If anyone here watches Jimmy Fallon regularly they'll know that Jimmy cannot play games. Type in "Jimmy Fallon killzone" or game demo or whatever. Knack is literally the only game he can play well :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jabbamk1 wrote: »

Yes! But I am the president of the Kaz Hirai fan club so somebody else will have to be in charge of this one, my presidential duties keep me very busy.
  • gamercraiggamercraig Posts: 6,069
    Forum Member
    jabbamk1 wrote: »

If anyone here watches Jimmy Fallon regularly they'll know that Jimmy cannot play games. Type in "Jimmy Fallon killzone" or game demo or whatever. Knack is literally the only game he can play well :D

There's hope for me then, ha! I am rubbish at games but still enjoy the interactivity of playing them.

And yes I will join the fanclub too. I just noticed his eyes can be quite hypnotising too (not in a bromance way I hasten to add!)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gamercraig wrote: »
    There's hope for me then, ha! I am rubbish at games but still enjoy the interactivity of playing them.

And yes I will join the fanclub too. I just noticed his eyes can be quite hypnotising too (not in a bromance way I hasten to add!)

Oh please, your fooling no one, the first step is admitting it to yourself :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    Just search up how many games he has worked on
  • gamercraiggamercraig Posts: 6,069
    Forum Member
    Jenny1986 wrote: »
    Oh please, your fooling no one, the first step is admitting it to yourself :)

Ha!

Jeez, he has been involved in games since 1983.
  • MinkinitMinkinit Posts: 446
    Forum Member
    Knack is absolutely brilliant. I have been able to justify to my OH that the PS4 is " For the family" with this game :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    knack is one of the games I've preordered for launch I think it looks awesome.
  • Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    It was Cerny who got Universal to give Naughty Dog a chance back during the PS1 days.
  • ChparmarChparmar Posts: 6,367
    Forum Member
    I am really looking forward to this one.

It's a game that obviously is bulit with the PS4 in mind for launch. Kind of how Miyamoto would design his titles for launch of Nintendo systems.

Hope it delivers.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly the thing that is selling Knack to me, more than anything including gameplay, is seeing Mark Cerny talk about it

He seems genuinely happy to be making it and if half the enthusiasm makes it into the game then it will be fantastic

I mean who knows could we have the Crash Bandicoot/Jak and Daxter/Ratchet and Clank of the PS4 era
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only issue is. It sounds like a game they will eventually give for free on plus
  • NedubizNedubiz Posts: 2,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty sure that Knack is going to be one of my day 1 titles.

I was really pleased to see a game like this coming out on the PS4. I do love my 3D platformer / action games.

I must admit I am not overly sold on the character design - which lacks charm - but the game looks like great fun.

I loved that it was the first next gen game that Sony showed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    Can't wait to Christmas to get my Playstation 4. I'm worst than my son. Knack looks great.