Has anyone seen it? Worth a watch?

Comments

• paulsh1paulsh1 Posts: 2,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    InTheLoop wrote: »
    Just saw the trailer, looks interesting

Has anyone seen it? Worth a watch?

What a strange film.It was a cross between Swallows And Amazon's and 28 days later.

Really dark, slow and at times I didn't have a clue what was going on!

That aside it wasn't the worst film I've ever seen,although there were only four of us in the cinema!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    I haven't seen the film but I read the book years ago when it first came out and loathed it. Can't remember it very clearly anymore but I'm still left with the distinct impression of a whiny, selfish, self -destructive main character who spends the entire book wallowing in self-pity. The only way I'd even consider watching the film is if the critic reviews for it are highly complimentary.
  • smile371smile371 Posts: 10,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saw this last night (again only 5 of us in the cinema, and there was 2 people i went with!) But was very surprised at how dark in tone it was. I kind of expected a fairly light hearted love story where they defy the odds to get back to each other, but it was much more hard hitting than that. I'd say there was more of a focus on the harrowing effects a third World War would have (and it really did make for some uncomfortable scenes)

But overall it was a fantastic film and i really would recommend it to anyone who's unsure about seeing it :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saoirse Ronan is reason alone to see this film, she's phenomenal.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    horrible horrible film. Just, awful. the little girl was horribly bad at acting