Cheryl Cole Appreciation Thread!

Shady123Shady123 Posts: 4,506
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Since I can't say a good word about the girl out there without getting shot down by pathetic haterz, I decided it's best to start an appreciation thread for our Chezza :D*

I don't expect many posters :o but still discuss ..... :D*

Comments

• Shady123Shady123 Posts: 4,506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well.....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 626
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You are not alone, i love cheryl.. i tend to stay away from the threads about her on the main forum cause they piss me off. She's disliked on DS but in real life i know no one who doesn't like her... well actually one of my friends couldn't stand her but changed their mind after the peirs morgan interview :D
  • tommygunnertommygunner Posts: 4,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never read the Cheryl threads either. They're all the same people saying the same nasty things, over and over. I can't help thinking that if she came from a middle-class background there would be far less venom.

All I ever held against Cheryl was her husband—I'm an Arsenal supporter. To me she seemed much too good for Ashley from the beginning, long before the cheating stories emerged.

I work in television in the States now, but whilst I was still in the UK I met her once. We talked about our dogs and she seemed honestly interested in hearing about mine. She was down to earth and pleasant to everyone on the crew. Drop dead gorgeous it goes without saying. You have to have a big ego to get anywhere in show business, but she definitely wasn't wearing hers on her sleeve.

I actually get a lot of satisfied amusement from news of Cheryl's successes, knowing how much it enrages the haters on DS!:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oo glad to see I'm not alone :D
  • Gaspanic!Gaspanic! Posts: 2,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Drop dead gorgeous it goes without saying. D

Yes it does go without saying. I watched her piers morgan interview on youtube, and was amazed at how beautiful she was when she was younger/pre fame. And people still call her fake :rolleyes:

I do enjoy the hysteria on here over Cheryl's success. She has done very well for herself. Good social skills, good looks and a whole lot of determination have got her far.
  • crazy_moo 123crazy_moo 123 Posts: 4,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yay its nice to have a few cheryl fans on ds :) I just love the girl :) I think she is so nice and sweet and funny and no matter what anyone out there says she is talented at selling music just looking at her records sales both with GA and solo will prove that :) She is the only reason i watch the x factor :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yay its nice to have a few cheryl fans on ds :) I just love the girl :) I think she is so nice and sweet and funny and no matter what anyone out there says she is talented at selling music just looking at her records sales both with GA and solo will prove that :)She is the only reason i watch the x factor :)

You're in good company with a lot of heterosexual men!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ehhhh :D we're breeding!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Cheryl, people need to grow up and leave her alone!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Cheryl but I also know that she is not very liked on ds. So I try not to get too involved.

I have been to Fountain studios and met her and she's lovely.

Good on you making a thread though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Orchid50 wrote: »
    I like Cheryl but I also know that she is not very liked on ds. So I try not to get too involved.

Good on you making a thread though.

That's good to hear :) and thanks, I just thought it would be easier to compliment her without having to justify why I like her and face mountains of abuse :rolleyes: :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking really beautiful tonight

I think she looks better with her hair up and with only a little make up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done to Cheryl for Number 1 with such strong sales.

No mention on the main forum, of course, except for complaints that it was even referred to on Xtra Factor.

If Dannii Minogue managed the same there would be dozens of ecstatic threads singing her praises. But credit to Dannii herself for telling the press that Cheryl's appearance on X Factor was one of the best performances she's ever seen on the programme.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done to Cheryl on having another number 1 album. She's sold more records in 1 year than Dannii has in 20 years :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gaspanic! wrote: »
    Well done to Cheryl on having another number 1 album. She's sold more records in 1 year than Dannii has in 20 years :D

I wondered about how the two of them compared.:D

This latest uproar over the Katie-Treyc elimination really underscores how completely irrational and obsessive the dislike for Cheryl on this forum is. It was actually Louis and Simon who sent Treyc home, but you'd never know it to read all the outrage.

Then there are all the people claiming that Cheryl never did anything for Treyc—even though she picked her as her wildcard over the supposedly more popular Gamu.

The woman can't win—except in the real world, which is where it really matters.:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,652
    Forum Member
    I wondered about how the two of them compared.:D

This latest uproar over the Katie-Treyc elimination really underscores how completely irrational and obsessive the dislike for Cheryl on this forum is. It was actually Louis and Simon who sent Treyc home, but you'd never know it to read all the outrage.

Then there are all the people claiming that Cheryl never did anything for Treyc—even though she picked her as her wildcard over the supposedly more popular Gamu.

The woman can't win—except in the real world, which is where it really matters.:)

I will take that Tommy from a MANS point of view and accept it ... from a womans.. well it is late now my bed is calling me..:D
  • crazy_moo 123crazy_moo 123 Posts: 4,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheryl <3 None of the other judges choose when their two acts are in the bottom 2 so why should cheryl have been expected too.
  • biggeralbiggeral Posts: 3,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel it's time for some balance here. Danii, DS's favourite judges, admitted that she would not have sent either of her acts home in Cheryl's position. As for not selecting Gamu, aside from the Visa issues, we only see a few minutes at the judges houses that the producers want us to see.

Cheryl was with them solidly for 2 days so how can we say that we know better than Cheryl on the basis of a few minutes of biased editing?

Cheryl has been the winning mentor both years she has been on the show, so she must be doing something right. Despite various FM's stating that Cheryl can't sing, she was great throughout Popstars the Rivals and few here would have thought that she didn't deserve a place in the band. She has a very good pop singing voice and can't be fairly compared to people like Leona and Alexandra who sing a totally different style.

Hope Cheryl wins for the 3rd year.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    biggeral wrote: »
    I feel it's time for some balance here. Danii, DS's favourite judges, admitted that she would not have sent either of her acts home in Cheryl's position. As for not selecting Gamu, aside from the Visa issues, we only see a few minutes at the judges houses that the producers want us to see.

Cheryl was with them solidly for 2 days so how can we say that we know better than Cheryl on the basis of a few minutes of biased editing?

Cheryl has been the winning mentor both years she has been on the show, so she must be doing something right. Despite various FM's stating that Cheryl can't sing, she was great throughout Popstars the Rivals and few here would have thought that she didn't deserve a place in the band. She has a very good pop singing voice and can't be fairly compared to people like Leona and Alexandra who sing a totally different style.

Hope Cheryl wins for the 3rd year.

I think Cheryl has a real shot at winning with Rebecca. If she does well tonight I reckon she may become the bookies' favourite. She's consistently improving each week and this is about the time in the competition when voters start to focus on the overall picture rather than just the latest performance.

I'm a fan of Cher but have my doubts that the public would vote her winner—she's not mainstream enough.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Props to Cheryl as the only judge with all the acts she originally chose still in the competition. Without their wildcards, Dannii and Louis would be keeping company with Simon at one act apiece.

Not bad for the one judge who got slagged relentlessly in the press and on this forum for the choices she originally made.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I want to see her win just to watch everyone's reaction on here. By the way Tommy, when did you meet her?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I want to see her win just to watch everyone's reaction on here. By the way Tommy, when did you meet her?

At a rehearsal for a charity performance on Sport Relief. (In the aftermath of all the Ashley headlines.) Even shared an elevator with her and a couple of her stylists—prayed like mad for a power outage but sadly to no avail.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This :D cheryl must win! i want her to but also it will piss of DS so much that the judge they find totally pointless has won the hatrick :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shady123 wrote: »
    This :D cheryl must win! i want her to but also it will piss of DS so much that the judge they find totally pointless has won the hatrick :D

It would be absolutely fantastic. The level of double standards and bitterness towards Cheryl on here is astounding.

She will always be an extremely successful, wealthy, ambitious woman from a drug ridden council estate in Newcastle. And that's what's eating them. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,345
    Forum Member
    Aww lovely thread OP, makes a change to see a nice one about Cheryl :rolleyes: :D
    I work in television in the States now, but whilst I was still in the UK I met her once. We talked about our dogs and she seemed honestly interested in hearing about mine. She was down to earth and pleasant to everyone on the crew. Drop dead gorgeous it goes without saying. You have to have a big ego to get anywhere in show business, but she definitely wasn't wearing hers on her sleeve.
    Orchid50 wrote: »

Very pleased to hear that she was lovely when youse met her. I think she seems pretty down to earth and i think it's funny when people talk about her huge ego. If she does have one, she hides it well :)

She is absolutely stunning. For people to say her looks are fake and then say Dannii is gorgeous (and she is!) without bringing up what she looked like prior to the work she has had done to her face, is quite frankly laughable.

The only thing i'd say is she really needs to have a wardrobe rethink because most of the outfits she had been wearing this series of X Factor have been really underwhelming. She had a lovely dress on last Sunday though. I made a thread about it, needless to say very few people agreed :rolleyes: :D.