The DS Eurovision General Discussion Thread (Part 46)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,382
    Forum Member
    A certain sense of "last and least"...
  • lealeedslealeeds Posts: 2,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He stressed it was a solo artist so narrows the field down.
  • phill363phill363 Posts: 24,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ugh we have to wait till the 18th of march :(

is that for the song or artist?
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,493
    Forum Member
    I'm so glad we have a soloist!

I imagine it will be the song on the 18th- does that mean we are leaving it right until the last day?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice of the BBC to tell us this news them selves as well on the twitter of facebook
  • ESC RossESC Ross Posts: 2,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    March 18th!!! This better be worth the wait... :D
  • fruitangfruitang Posts: 201
    Forum Member
    Man, have to wait over a month! Hopefully they at least release the artist's name before that time. What was it last year, start of March?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fruitang wrote: »
    Man, have to wait over a month! Hopefully they at least release the artist's name before that time. What was it last year, start of March?

yeah 1st of march we got the name then Ken Bruce revealed the song on the deadline day, I'm hoping thats still the case cos it seems stupid for the BBC just to get one news story out of it when they can get 2 by announcing the artist and song separately :rolleyes:
  • steeleuro_wolfsteeleuro_wolf Posts: 13,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm completely fed up with the BBC. Why do they insist on doing this? :rolleyes: Although to be fair it'll probably be leaked well before then.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,681
    Forum Member
    I imagine it will be the song on the 18th- does that mean we are leaving it right until the last day?

I think they did that last year as well. I could be wrong, but I'm sure they premiered the song on the morning of the HoD meeting.
  • SaturnSaturn Posts: 18,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Katsuya wrote: »
    A certain sense of "last and least"...

Hahaha. I'm more concerned that if they're announcing it on Radio 2 it's probably someone fairly old again :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,382
    Forum Member
    Leanne is much more a Radio 2 name than a Radio 1 name.
    Forum Member
    Saturn wrote: »
    Hahaha. I'm more concerned that if they're announcing it on Radio 2 it's probably someone fairly old again :(

I suppose Radio 2 and Eurovision go together, they do broadcast the final after all. Radio 1 doesn't suit Eurovision at all. Even in countries like Norway and Sweden, their equivalents of R1 don't really have anything to with the contest either.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EuroChris wrote: »
    I think they did that last year as well. I could be wrong, but I'm sure they premiered the song on the morning of the HoD meeting.

yeah that's how it worked last year.

The BBC would be really stupid to announce the song and artist on the last day :mad: but if they told us who the artist was about the 1st and it was a good name they could really build up hype for the presentation of the song. Its a little concerning its on radio 2 again would have thought with Scott involved with finding an act he might have premièred it on his radio show, I think that would have made sense.
  • penguinpersonpenguinperson Posts: 16,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Radio 2 often premiered entries even in the past NF so that will remain. There is Radio 1 and Radio 2 crossover so it could easilt be that kind of act. Being last was no problem for Ell and Nikki or Lena.
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zoe Bohorquez currently #90 on iTunes Ireland, the third song to appear on the chart this week after Aimée and Ryan (song was released at midnight).
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,493
    Forum Member
    I'm completely fed up with the BBC. Why do they insist on doing this? :rolleyes: Although to be fair it'll probably be leaked well before then.

They show a great arrogance about the contest, and it's both undeserved and annoying!

Their treatment of British fans is appalling. I just can't see it changing, though.
    Forum Member
    I hope those that are going to watch the Latvian NF have got some stamina because it's set to last for 3hrs 20mins.

I think I'll give this one a miss. :p
  • steeleuro_wolfsteeleuro_wolf Posts: 13,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, I don't think they'll ever have any incentive to change. At least we have a date now I suppose.

Anyway, here are tonight's Melfest clips to cheer us all up:

http://www.svt.se/melodifestivalen/lyssna-pa-alla-kvallens-latar
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    I still don't get what difference it makes when they reveal the song, as long as it gets done before the official deadline. The people who vote on the night won't know or care when the song was announced, and it it's a good song, it'll do well regardless of whether it was revealled on March 18 or December 18...

Besides, as Switzerland keep proving, it's not like going first and touring the song everywhere gives you any advantage!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eddie Razaz is crap Skyline is winning that battle.
  • big bro geekbig bro geek Posts: 18,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are Sweden going to put the same first song on every semi? That's 3 of the 4 now :yawn:
  • big bro geekbig bro geek Posts: 18,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    phill363 wrote: »
    Eddie Razaz is crap Skyline is winning that battle.

Skyline is miles better than Alibi so I'm hoping it doesn't qualify to take some of its votes away.
  • BBAnneBBAnne Posts: 23,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EuroChris wrote: »
    I hope those that are going to watch the Latvian NF have got some stamina because it's set to last for 3hrs 20mins.

I think I'll give this one a miss. :p

I'm going for it! there are some brilliant, and brilliantly awful, songs up for the ticket to Malmo!

I will interchange it with Eesti Laul and will watch SVT player to catch up on MelFest
    Yeah, I don't think they'll ever have any incentive to change. At least we have a date now I suppose.

Anyway, here are tonight's Melfest clips to cheer us all up:

http://www.svt.se/melodifestivalen/lyssna-pa-alla-kvallens-latar

They don't cheer me up, i'm a right MelFest grump this year :(
    globbits wrote: »
    I still don't get what difference it makes when they reveal the song, as long as it gets done before the official deadline. The people who vote on the night won't know or care when the song was announced, and it it's a good song, it'll do well regardless of whether it was revealled on March 18 or December 18...

Besides, as Switzerland keep proving, it's not like going first and touring the song everywhere gives you any advantage!

That'll teach us for being Euro-obsessives! :p
  • penguinpersonpenguinperson Posts: 16,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    globbits wrote: »

This, it does not matter. The annoying thing is the social media don't say anything we have to rely on Scott and Graham. That's the thing that annoys me.
This discussion has been closed.