Forum Member
    Samsung
  • barker71barker71 Posts: 663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why do you say that?
  • alan1302alan1302 Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member
    They are pretty similar to each other so went for the one that looks nicest.

Don't think there is much between TVs at this price bracket when they are from reputable makes.
  • barker71barker71 Posts: 663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ha ha , would be interested to see what folks think about image quality.
  • bobcarbobcar Posts: 19,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alan1302 wrote: »
    They are pretty similar to each other so went for the one that looks nicest.

How did you make one as looking better? They could hardly be more similar in appearance.
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tough one they both do 1080P have 2 HDMI as well.
    Both I would go for which ever one is in stock.
  • webbiewebbie Posts: 1,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Toss a coin and while the coin is in the air you will know which side you are hoping for.
    Apologies to Boardwalk Empire.
  • chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I recently set up an LG 32LN5400 for my mum and over the weekend got myself a LG 42LN575V. So I would probably opt for the LG. :)

One thing you will need to do is tweak the colour controls, unless you like the fake tan look that the "out of the box" settings give to skin tones. Once you've got that right the picture quality is very decent.
  • alan1302alan1302 Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member
    bobcar wrote: »
    How did you make one as looking better? They could hardly be more similar in appearance.

Similar, yes. But to me the Samsung has a better look.
  • iangradiangrad Posts: 813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Choice of 2 very very basic screens , just be aware that within all makers ranges there are very marked differences in graphics performance albeit at higher price . All these low cost TV,s have been achieved at quite a cost in performance .