The Alexandra Burke Appreciation Thread (Part 8)

Comments

• Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    But midtempos just aren't doing well in the UK. Pixie flopped with What Do You Take Me For, and that had huge radio support...tbh, even though I agree about them being singles, it's either uptempo or nothing....

I think Fire or Oh La La should be the 3rd single, then I think afterwards she should focus on Europe....she has some really really strong uptempos on this album, and she'd be a fool not to push them in Europe....tbh I think her campaign in the UK should be over after the 3rd single, and then she should come back later on with a 4th midtempo single...

I would like her to release Between The Sheets as single 3 and then for her to disappear to Europe for about 3 months and release Fire and promote. Then she can return to the UK and release single 4 (Oh La La) and perform it on X Factor. I think Oh La La would work well in Europe too, so after that she could go off to Europe and release that as single 2. After that I would be happy for the album to be finished with in the UK. Being realistic, it's not going to sell amazingly well...radio don't like her, the general public really dislike her. Moderate sales I would be happy with. Maybe a 3rd single in Europe and then onto album three with a view of tailoring it to the U.S market.
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree....the whole album has a direction and one common sound/vibe...her vocals have improved over the first album slightly too...though I haven't heard each song in full yet, her belts sound a lot stronger on some of these tracks...
  • ShoedShoed Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    A mix of overcome and HOH would be amazing for her American debut, would work so well... She would be like pop/dance queen.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would like her to release Between The Sheets as single 3 and then for her to disappear to Europe for about 3 months and release Fire and promote. Then she can return to the UK and release single 4 (Oh La La) and perform it on X Factor. I think Oh La La would work well in Europe too, so after that she could go off to Europe and release that as single 2. After that I would be happy for the album to be finished with in the UK. Being realistic, it's not going to sell amazingly well...radio don't like her, the general public really dislike her. Moderate sales I would be happy with. Maybe a 3rd single in Europe and then onto album three with a view of tailoring it to the U.S market.

I agree with you, though I would change it to Daylight Robbery as the 3rd single....seeing as though it was produced by Michael Woods, Radio 1 would more likely get on board, plus it isn't as uptempo as the others, but still has the dance sound she has been going for...

Then yeah, it should be off to Europe to launch Fire and Tonight respectively, then back to the UK in time for X Factor...I'd really love it if she could get Nicki to feature on Oh La La, but if not, I think she should take a risk and release WMCB as the 4th single as a final album shifter in time for Christmas....plus a performance on X Factor would prove to everyone that she can sing...

For the US, I don't think she should really waste time recording a whole new album....I think she should combine Overcome and HOH, and record a few new tracks to add on to create an album with no filler at all. Her debut there would ideally need to have a feature though...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shoed wrote: »
    A mix of overcome and HOH would be amazing for her American debut, would work so well... She would be like pop/dance queen.

Lol OMG...I was just typing this :p
  • Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pre-order update:

Tesco - #5
    Play - #7
    HMV - #20
    Amazon - #71

It's a shame iTunes don't have a pre-order chart.
  • CROATIACROATIA Posts: 2,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    @Zack can you give me one example of 'european smash' ?you mention it all the time lol

Album sounds ok ...only problem is that this kind of loud, hardcore uptempo songs are not popular anymore.........just look at the charts, Fun, Gotye, Carly, Lana del rey, Michel Telo (and that other Brazilian guy is coming with his song to slay european charts)are all over top10 worldwide...only Flo Rida is still smashing with this type of songs......... Between the sheets could be good single, it sounds 'normal' and thats very good
    Forum Member
    CROATIA wrote: »
    @Zack can you give me one example of 'european smash' ?you mention it all the time lol

Album sounds ok ...only problem is that this kind of loud, hardcore uptempo songs are not popular anymore.........just look at the charts, Fun, Gotye, Carly, Lana del rey, Michel Telo (and that other Brazilian guy is coming with his song to slay european charts)are all over top10 worldwide...only Flo Rida is still smashing with this type of songs......... Between the sheets could be good single, it sounds 'normal' and thats very good

Fire is dancey and comes across fierce/hard which would make a euro smash.

I think it's deffo better then Leona's second album anyhow
    and it's better then Overcome.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

JLO On The Floor....went #1 almost everywhere in Europe...but not in Croatia :p Also Inna - Hot went top 5 in most places...another smash...some hot song that has the potential to chart high across Europe is my European Smash definition....Alex has a few on HOH...;)

It's still possible to do well with these types of songs, Rihanna is doing it, and Britney, Nicki and others also have this sound...it's still popular imo.
    Forum Member
    David Guetta's sound is still very popular...
    The odd slow/old school kinda songs are coming back but not exactly Ballads
    the only person doing ballads and ballads well is Adele, nobody else can really release a sucessful ballad.

And I don't the album is 'loud' exceptions of Fire and Tonight, the rest is quite poppy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can see why she called the album HOH now....that song is the definition of what she wanted for this project....that song just makes me feel good....:D
  • fallendancerfallendancer Posts: 6,246
    Forum Member
    Fire is dancey and comes across fierce/hard which would make a euro smash.

I think it's deffo better then Leona's second album anyhow
    and it's better then Overcome.

:D How can you compare Echo to HOH? There're no similarities at all. LOL
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

With the exception of OMH Echo is the complete opposite lol....Though I see some similarities in the stuff they sing about everything else is completely different.
    Forum Member

Not comparing them, I just said Echo wasn't a good second album IMO.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I actually don't agree at all with that, but let's not get into this tbh. :p
  • fallendancerfallendancer Posts: 6,246
    Forum Member
    Okay,I get it now ;)
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    Slayed :D:D
    Forum Member
    The reaction on this forum is great, I'm usually the only Burke stan on there haha

http://www.popoverdose.com/showthread.php?p=945019#post945019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heartbreak On Hold is actually destroying me right now....such a tune :D
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    ^^omg me too

she's filming MTV sessions today.
    Alexandra Burke ‏@alexandramusic
    Shooting 4 MTV today!

http://instagr.am/p/KxekbrP_ay/
    Forum Member
    and also that forum usually always hate on Alex so I'm so happy about the reaction ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes....she's probably going to sing the acoustic versions of some of the tracks...like we saw on iTunes...
    Forum Member
    All I need now is deluxe tracks snippets ;)
  • iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member

RIP and Young and Call My Name (it's BOUND to go to #1) are all that style. And they sold over 100k in there first week. So it's still popular. Those you named are exceptions.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also I like how she references Let It Go on HOH....I just need this whole album now...:D
This discussion has been closed.