Who would I speak to about my own chat show?

royllsroyceroyllsroyce Posts: 1,163
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have an idea for a chat show, my own show, I will get a floral painted van, travel up and down the UK. I will chat to celebrities and celebrities will perform in scenic locations outside the van. I will have a mixture of celebs from different eras of time like Rhianna, Sonia, Justin Beiber, Gina G, Rolling Stones, Bon Jovi, Shawaddywaddy, Eric Clapton, Alexandra Burke. As well as doing their own songs, I will expect them to do a cover of something they never sang, and change it into their own style.

I will have a friendly puppet on board.

I will have a real life section too where I will talk to someone with woe in their life, and possibly do DNA tests and give the results.

I will also dress up as different characters and surprise or prank people in a fun way like Cilla Black "surprise surprise" and Jeremy Beadle "Beadles about"

To add entertainment value for kids, a pack of puppet foxes, called Shark, Mafia, and Hannibal (their characters will be similar to that of the 3 witches of Hocus Pocus) will follow the van around and attempt to trap the celebs and eat them or try to steal the van etc... and their plans will usually end in hilarious disastrous consequences for them.

Members of the public can follow the van's movements on Twitter.

I just need a floral van, a cameraman or 2, and a station willing to broadcast my 2 hour weekly show. I'm not sure of the best place to start.

Comments

• bargepolebargepole Posts: 344
    Forum Member
    Sounds absolutely fantastic, a sure-fire ratings winner which will pull in a 10m+ audience.

It's a well-known fact that top execs from all the major TV channels regularly trawl this forum for ideas, so you don't need to contact anyone, they'll be chasing after you, all you need to do is decide which one is offering you the best contract.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,832
    Forum Member
    A psychiatrist?
  • kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think you'd probably need to aim a bit lower with the celebs. Perhaps there's a local internet TV channel you can approach with the idea?
  • Hugh LetdownHugh Letdown Posts: 536
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ...a cameraman or 2...

I'm outraged by this! This is the 21st Century and you are still insisting on using the term cameraman? It's cameraperson, if you do not mind, thank you very much!

But good luck with the show. I am excited for you.

...and me.

...and, well, all of us!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm outraged by this! This is the 21st Century and you are still insisting on using the term cameraman? It's cameraperson, if you do not mind, thank you very much!

But good luck with the show. I am excited for you.

...and me.

...and, well, all of us!

BIB: You do realise how that looks? :eek:
    It's like #susanalbumparty all over again :p
  • intoxicationintoxication Posts: 7,059
    Forum Member
    Who would I speak to about my own chat show?

the voices in your head that are telling you this is a good idea
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,512
    Forum Member
    afx237vi wrote: »
    A psychiatrist?

:D

But I'd watch it :o
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When you were at school, when they asked you what you wanted to be when you left, what did you reply?

"Famous?"
  • Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    Monkey Tennis?
  • royllsroyceroyllsroyce Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I believe I can bring something to weekend television that has been missing for quite some time now! Its a genre that needs a kick up the backside! I have a great idea, a vision of what I want, I'm prepared to do most of the work myself, I'll do it fairly cheap. Its a broadcasters wet dream.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seeing as your "borrowing" ideas from Surprise Surprise, Jeremy Beadle and Jeremy Kyle why not have a Jimmy Saville lookalike and bring back Jim'll Fix it?
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    kimindex wrote: »
    I think you'd probably need to aim a bit lower with the celebs. Perhaps there's a local internet TV channel you can approach with the idea?
    Yeah, Sonia and Gina G aren't just going to rock up for anyone
    :p
    Forum Member
    I have an idea for a chat show, my own show, I will get a floral painted van, travel up and down the UK. I will chat to celebrities and celebrities will perform in scenic locations outside the van. I will have a mixture of celebs from different eras of time like Rhianna, Sonia, Justin Beiber, Gina G, Rolling Stones, Bon Jovi, Shawaddywaddy, Eric Clapton, Alexandra Burke. As well as doing their own songs, I will expect them to do a cover of something they never sang, and change it into their own style.

I will have a real life section too where I will talk to someone with woe in their life, and possibly do DNA tests and give the results.

I will also dress up as different characters and surprise or prank people in a fun way like Cilla Black "surprise surprise" and Jeremy Beadle "Beadles about"

To add entertainment value for kids, a pack of puppet foxes, called Shark, Mafia, and Hannibal (their characters will be similar to that of the 3 witches of Hocus Pocus) will follow the van around and attempt to trap the celebs and eat them or try to steal the van etc... and their plans will usually end in hilarious disastrous consequences for them.

I just need a floral van, a cameraman or 2, and a station willing to broadcast my 2 hour weekly show. I'm not sure of the best place to start.
    Do it on Youtube. Robert Llewelyn got his own series called Carpool.
  • LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    2 hours of absolute rubbish...no thanks :p anyway good luck :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    Please be kidding
  • Brain DonorBrain Donor Posts: 1,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Mark?

No, sorry, if it had been him he'd have called himself "Bentley" ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 178
    Forum Member
    I have an idea for a chat show... etc etc blah blah blah

You're totally stupid. But you're funny.
  • solarflaresolarflare Posts: 22,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest a much better idea is a fly-on-the-wall documentary series where you actually pitch these sort of ideas to a real panel of TV experts, in an unhinged-broadcasting-Dragons-Den type way.

I think that could work, for at least a half hour.
    Forum Member
    Now we're back on to Alan Partridge :D
  • jonjonsjonjons Posts: 4,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    solarflare wrote: »
    To be honest a much better idea is a fly-on-the-wall documentary series where you actually pitch these sort of ideas to a real panel of TV experts, in an unhinged-broadcasting-Dragons-Den type way.

I think that could work, for at least a half hour.

It exists!!! Its called the Pitch and its coming to sky1. If you go on twitter rollsroyce and search 'OfficialCastme' and go on their tweets you will find one about pitching your ideas and it could be made into a sky1 show.

I think 2hours is really long for what you want to do. It could easily be conformed into a half an hour show with 3 guests featured. I also think you have too many ideas as its not a magazine show. I like the idea of finding singers and them singing in random locations. BBC Switch,the teenage strand did this in 2007 with a show called Sound presented by Annie Mac and Nick Grimshaw and they had singers performing in car parks and wasteland.
  • Steve9214Steve9214 Posts: 8,402
    Forum Member

Sounds a bit like "Saviles Travels" to me - although that was on Radio 1.

And we all know how well that turned out for everyone !!!
    Forum Member
    I believe I can bring something to weekend television that has been missing for quite some time now! Its a genre that needs a kick up the backside! I have a great idea, a vision of what I want, I'm prepared to do most of the work myself, I'll do it fairly cheap. Its a broadcasters wet dream.

Unfortunately its not. Im pretty sure the BBC are doing Ok with Strictly and Dr Who and ITV with BGT/ The X Factor/ Celeb etc. Yes, they're not for everyone but they are tried and tested and, most importantly, the various votes and phone ins make money.

Your show is Partridge meets Beadle meets Savile (amazingly) meets kids' TV meets Jeremy Kyle. Which no one ever asked for.

Sorry to piss on your fire, but no. And certainly not for TWO HOURS!
    Forum Member
    In fact, reading it again, its Scooby Doo (in the van) meets Radio 1's Live Lounge, with an unnecessary puppet, followed by a Jeremy Kyle segment, meets Beadle, with a Wacky Races element, on Twitter. For two hours.
  • royllsroyceroyllsroyce Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ollie_h19 wrote: »
    In fact, reading it again, its Scooby Doo (in the van) meets Radio 1's Live Lounge, with an unnecessary puppet, followed by a Jeremy Kyle segment, meets Beadle, with a Wacky Races element, on Twitter. For two hours.

Theres never been anything like it on television before - oh wait....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=8eOYwyVxIzE#t=261s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=2oBx5MVmMxo#t=65s

:rolleyes:
  • DomestiquesDomestiques Posts: 1,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    this is off the hook mental