Comments

• Terrence ChantTerrence Chant Posts: 1,331,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is all a bit silly.
  • Jason CJason C Posts: 31,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lewis scratches out the win in one of the most bizarre matches you could ever wish to see.

He's a lucky man though because as patchily as he played, Vos did likewise and failed to take advantage of the countless opportunities Lewis gave him, particularly in that fourth set where the match was pretty much decided.

Vos will not stop kicking himself though; all it needed was for him to string together three or four legs of any quality and he would've easily won that match.

Those final few legs were absolutely ridiculous, with both players missing big targets by an absolute mile - as Vos so expertly demonstrated on that 52 finish - and the crowd not paying a blind bit of notice to it.

The way Lewis's performance fluctuates is so strange, it's almost as if he needs to get himself into these backs-to-the-wall situations to give himself the sense of fight to find his best game.

It's obvious to say that he won't progress much further if he plays like that but we were probably saying the same things when he only just got past Nigel Heydon and we all know what happened afterwards.
  • The NaitchThe Naitch Posts: 10,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmm, a shaky start from Lewis but he found a little bit of consistency to finish off Gino Vos.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    CAn't believe the amount of missed doubles he had in a best of 3 match.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jason C wrote: »
    Lewis scratches out the win in one of the most bizarre matches you could ever wish to see.
    The bizarre seems to follow Bingo around doesn't it? Windgate, floorgate, clickergate etc etc...
  • Psycho_NedPsycho_Ned Posts: 17,697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nice to see Eric has brought his straight talking persona from the jungle back to the arras :p ripped into Nicho and Adie already tonight!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Psycho_Ned wrote: »
    Nice to see Eric has brought his straight talking persona from the jungle back to the arras :p ripped into Nicho and Adie already tonight!
    Yeah, we don't need the hat in shot any more. Move on please :p
  • CaltonfanCaltonfan Posts: 6,311
    Forum Member
    Gangnam style :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Time for the Daventrys hero to make his world championship bow :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Terrific start to this Painter v Leung match - a 160 finish gives Painter the first leg and a 13-darter gives Leung the second.
  • swansea steveswansea steve Posts: 1,404
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only good thing about the Lewis performance was that it got me a correct score in the pridiction comp.
    I know he played terrible there but he got the job down and he had a mare last year in the opening round before going through the gears. if he plays like that in round 2, then I'll be worried. I guess a 2-week old baby in the house isn't the best preparation to defend your world title, but in truth he's been poor all year.
  • Xavier QuebeckXavier Quebeck Posts: 78,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kevin's missus seems to get better looking and doesn't age at all. She is gorgeous.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Painter firmly in control and now 2-0 up against Leung - but he's had to play well to do it as Leung has been more than competitive so far.

This is an interesting post about the crowd I've just seen on Twitter:
    @DartsBeersCheer: Sad to see tables of PR companies at the darts encouraging bad behaviour in the crowd. Lots of the people in here not darts fans. Sad.

Painter clinches a comfortable 3-0 victory, but Leung should be proud of his effort tonight as he was not disgraced.
    Forum Member
    Looks like they'll need some filler tonight.
  • Xavier QuebeckXavier Quebeck Posts: 78,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A lot of the 'fans' aren't even watching the darts and seem more interested in singing silly songs like 'boring boring table'

It's unbelievable
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rather flat opening night it has to be said, only Lewis's inept performance brought any excitement!

Least the POD makes it to next week!
  • JBOJBO Posts: 6,148
    Forum Member
    Sir Dennis' son wearing a Wednesday shirt in that clip there:D

Goo on son!:D
    Forum Member
    What did Rodney say about Peter Evison? I watched it back and still couldn't understand it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    What did Rodney say about Peter Evison? I watched it back and still couldn't understand it.

I think it was that his wife wouldn't let him go onto the stage accompanied by walk-on girls.

That was an interesting discussion, though, about how far the PDC - and the PDC on Sky - has come in the last twenty years, and particularly how much of a risk the players took back in the outset to set up an organisation and tournaments that could quite easily have failed and left us stuck in the dark ages with just the Lakeside to watch every year.
    Forum Member
    I think it was that his wife wouldn't let him go onto the stage accompanied by walk-on girls.
    Strange. She doesn't sound very trusting.
    Forum Member
    Love the new graphics hope sky keep theese for other tournaments but if its just for the worlds I understand but I do like the new look. Lots of traffic chaos out there so that's probably why its not that busy.
    Aye, wonder why it has taken over 15 years to get a Black, Red and Green colour scheme :confused::p
  • The NaitchThe Naitch Posts: 10,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just a quick note about the evening session - the first hour will be on the red button ONLY.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good afternoon :)

Yes, there is an afternoon session today, it's just about to begin, and hopefully it'll be rather more captivating than yesterday's opening night was.

The matches are:

Saturday December 15
    Afternoon Session (12pm-5pm)
    1x Preliminary Round, 4x First Round
    12.10pm Wayne Jones v Jerry Hendriks
    1.15pm Daryl Gurney v Robert Marijanovic (P)
    2.00pm Richie Burnett v James Hubbard
    3.00pm Terry Jenkins v Steve Brown
    4.00pm Andy Smith v Gurney/Marijanovic
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Naitch wrote: »
    Just a quick note about the evening session - the first hour will be on the red button ONLY.

thanks for that. seems a shame when you consider all SS3 are showing at 7 PM is Australia v Sri Lanka highlights.
    i've only got access to sky via skygo at the moment, will i be able to get red button coverage on there?
    looks like a pretty routine match for Chissy to be fair.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good afternoon :)

Yes, there is an afternoon session today, it's just about to begin, and hopefully it'll be rather more captivating than yesterday's opening night was.

The matches are:

Saturday December 15
    Afternoon Session (12pm-5pm)
    1x Preliminary Round, 4x First Round
    12.10pm Wayne Jones v Jerry Hendriks
    1.15pm Daryl Gurney v Robert Marijanovic (P)
    2.00pm Richie Burnett v James Hubbard
    3.00pm Terry Jenkins v Steve Brown
    4.00pm Andy Smith v Gurney/Marijanovic
    certainly hope so. we've had some good opening nights in recent years, last year, we had Burnett v Webster and Lewis coming back from 2 sets down. in the past we've had Part getting dumped out as defending champ by Bill Davis and Wayne Mardle getting knocked out by a german player who's name escapes me. by contrast last night felt quite flat with only Lewis's match offering much excitement. I did enjoy Thornton's performance though, solid and straightforward-- just what you want to ease you in to the tournament.
This discussion has been closed.