The Leona Lewis Appreciation Thread (Part 49)

Comments

• SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dave0893 wrote: »
    Leona looks incredible in those pictures, her hair is great aswell actually.

Its funny how majority of time she looks best off stage, when you would think it would be the opposite.

Also I don't know if this is true or not but it could be interesting,

http://www.fansshare.com/news/the-x-factor-to-have-winners-competition-featuring-leona-lewis-little-mix-more/

Lets face it, none of the winners are doing that well anymore, so I could see most of them agreeing to it. Leona's different though, I don't know if she would want to do that.

If this is true then there will be no competition lmao :') Leona will sh*t on everyone :D

Although those delusional teenagers will vote Little Mix -.-
  • shatteredglassshatteredglass Posts: 1,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't imagine it being all winners. I think Steve Brookstein would never ever go back.
    I think all it would do is hilight how unsuccessful they've been in choosing winners! (Apart from Leona of course) xD
  • LeonagwenLeonagwen Posts: 2,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Its funny how majority of time she looks best off stage, when you would think it would be the opposite.

http://www.fansshare.com/news/the-x-factor-to-have-winners-competition-featuring-leona-lewis-little-mix-more/

Lets face it, none of the winners are doing that well anymore, so I could see most of them agreeing to it. Leona's different though, I don't know if she would want to do that.
    Leona needs to get away from the xfactor.So what happens if she does agree do do it and she doesnt win?
  • IluzionistaIluzionista Posts: 5,406
    Forum Member
    I hope that's April's fools as well lol
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
  • LeonagwenLeonagwen Posts: 2,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope that's April's fools as well lol
    I forgot that it was april fools day,so,obviously its nonsense.
    Forum Member

She needs this look for the next video/era.

I know its obv some kind of fancy dress, but the blonde curls, the colour and a huge dancey pop song. Its like an early Whitney <3
  • fallendancerfallendancer Posts: 6,246
    Forum Member
    d56 wrote: »
    She needs this look for the next video/era.

I know its obv some kind of fancy dress, but the blonde curls, the colour and a huge dancey pop song. Its like an early Whitney <3
    Something like I Wanna Dance With Somebody would be really great!!! Even Shake You Up could work with that style :)
  • alanlamnamalanlamnam Posts: 686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shake You Up has TAKEN OVER Sugar as my 3rd most played Glassheart song! (1st: Godheart 2nd: Trouble feat. Childish Gambino) It is so infectious.
    Forum Member
    Something like I Wanna Dance With Somebody would be really great!!! Even Shake You Up could work with that style :)

I agree. This look reminds me of that video :eek: <3
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How was Trouble 1.0 meant to sound like ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrTaylor wrote: »
    How was Trouble 1.0 meant to sound like ?

It had a child choir, apparently it was terrible
  • spaceoddityspaceoddity Posts: 4,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soeplepel wrote: »
    It had a child choir, apparently it was terrible

I think that sounds very intriguing actually, long as it's done in an eerie, chilling way as apposed to a disney ballad way. The song was compared to Heaven in early reviews, which makes me think the tempo was quicker aswell. I think in general the song would benefit with punchier, quicker production.
  • gelbma0991gelbma0991 Posts: 4,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that sounds very intriguing actually, long as it's done in an eerie, chilling way as apposed to a disney ballad way. The song was compared to Heaven in early reviews, which makes me think the tempo was quicker aswell. I think in general the song would benefit with punchier, quicker production.

I imagine the choir would be doing all the background "oooos" etc that are done by the backing vocals on the track as it is now... I don't think it had the heavy drums either.

I'm not sure about it being 'terrible' as it's the one that was reviewed back in 2011 and not one person in the press had a bad thing to say about it, and if I recall correctly PJ said that he preferred the original to the 'vamped up' version.
  • Eliott1301Eliott1301 Posts: 2,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If One D are not in it because they didnt win then so be it, Leona will most likely win with her talent.. but if oneD got in..

they would sh*t on everyone due to their fan base being 539682452020X bigger then all the others put together

even Leonas is smaller then a average UK Artist these days
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You know what I'm really loving about Nicole Scherzinger right now is that Mr Lloyd-Webber has taken a shine to her and after her STUNNING performance of Phantom of the Opera, she appeared on his 40 years show singing Don't Cry for Me Argentina... I REALLY want Leona to do some kind of musical tribute show on television, or if there's another Disney style show on itv... I just want to hear her use her more operatic vocals to sing some show tunes!
    I think I'd die if she ever sang something from Phantom of the Opera, either the title track or Think of Me... gah. A boy can dream I guess! :p
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gelbma0991 wrote: »
    You know what I'm really loving about Nicole Scherzinger right now is that Mr Lloyd-Webber has taken a shine to her and after her STUNNING performance of Phantom of the Opera, she appeared on his 40 years show singing Don't Cry for Me Argentina... I REALLY want Leona to do some kind of musical tribute show on television, or if there's another Disney style show on itv... I just want to hear her use her more operatic vocals to sing some show tunes!
    I think I'd die if she ever sang something from Phantom of the Opera, either the title track or Think of Me... gah. A boy can dream I guess! :p

I think we got a tiny taste of it at Beijing 2008...just before the song started she had this mini-operatic intro while she was coming out of the bus...

I really agree that Opera Leona needs to be shown more. I totally agree with whoever said that there needs to be an ITV "An Audience with Leona Lewis"....she should sing some opera on there...it really would be amazing imo.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    I think we got a tiny taste of it at Beijing 2008...just before the song started she had this mini-operatic intro while she was coming out of the bus...

I really agree that Opera Leona needs to be shown more. I totally agree with whoever said that there needs to be an ITV "An Audience with Leona Lewis"....she should sing some opera on there...it really would be amazing imo.

Oh I know, I just mean I want to hear her sing some classic movie/musical themes at some point, not necessarily release an album like Kim Walsh did, but like I said - on maybe a 'tribute TV night' on itv or something :)

If she ever sang When You Wish Upon a Star, I'd probably break down and never be able to recover haha. :D<3
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yes, I remember seeing Nicole's performance of Phantom and wishing how it was Leona instead, Nicole was incredible, but I want Leona to do things like that. It was the same on Sunday when I watched Nicole perform Don't Cry For Me Argentina, I kept thinking Leona should try and get involved with shows like this. I must say though Nicole's performance on Sunday really was incredible.
  • spaceoddityspaceoddity Posts: 4,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I imagine the choir would be doing all the background "oooos" etc that are done by the backing vocals on the track as it is now... I don't think it had the heavy drums either.

I'm not sure about it being 'terrible' as it's the one that was reviewed back in 2011 and not one person in the press had a bad thing to say about it, and if I recall correctly PJ said that he preferred the original to the 'vamped up' version.

Parts of Trouble I really like, whereas other parts I'm not that keen on. The lyrics >>>> just amazing, lyrically it's one of her best tracks. Definitely top 3. The production let the track down for me though. Hopefully the demo will leak someday. I for one would love to hear the Trouble vocal over the Heaven instrumental..
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whats everyone's favourite performance from the Glassheart era? It doesn't need to be from Glassheart, just a performance from the last few months.

I think mine would have to be Trouble on Alan Carr, she was really feeling it.

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDYxNTI1MzY4.html (Sorry I can't get a youtube link, there all blocked for me)

I also love her performance of Come Alive at GAY.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjPWMva1_GY
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^ Trouble on X Factor no contest. :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Uhm... Better in Time (Body Shop) slays all your performances :)
This discussion has been closed.