Buried - now on ITV4.

manickangaroomanickangaroo Posts: 1,427
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just watching this for first time. Bit bored with it already actually.
Surely his phone battery will be running out with all these calls. :confused: I know mine does, even if fully charged that morning! :D

Comments

• twogunthomtwogunthom Posts: 2,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't seen this, but in a similar theme Danish film The Vanishing was a creepy film, especially if like me your claustrophobic and have a fear of being buried alive. The Hollywood remake The Vanishing should be avoided like the plague.
  • Judas82Judas82 Posts: 239
    Forum Member
    First time saw this .......... nothing special. Just okay.
  • bazzaroobazzaroo Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    Fell asleep in the cinema watching this.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved this film at the cinema. It helped that when I saw it, there was literally only me and another person there and he was way up the back so it was pin-drop quiet and it let me really get in to it.

The ending really did me in :)
  • manickangaroomanickangaroo Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bazzaroo wrote: »
    Fell asleep in the cinema watching this.

I fell asleep last night. How did it end? Did he get out? :confused:
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I fell asleep last night. How did it end? Did he get out? :confused:
    In the closing moments, he's on the phone to the person coming to rescue him as the sand leaks in. The person on the phone tells him they're almost there and to hang on. They arrive at the site as the coffin is almost full - the person on the phone shouts for him to hang on as he starts shouting back.

There's a pause and the person on the phone says "Oh no" then "I'm so sorry" and you realise they've gone to the wrong site as the coffin completely fills up.
  • manickangaroomanickangaroo Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In the closing moments, he's on the phone to the person coming to rescue him as the sand leaks in. The person on the phone tells him they're almost there and to hang on. They arrive at the site as the coffin is almost full - the person on the phone shouts for him to hang on as he starts shouting back.

There's a pause and the person on the phone says "Oh no" then "I'm so sorry" and you realise they've gone to the wrong site as the coffin completely fills up.

Thanks a lot Jason.:)
  • blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's refreshing that the ending was the
    "good guy" losing.
    Shocking ending imo. So simple yet very effective.
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A great example of how ITV's presentation can totally ruin a film. DoG, frequent ad-breaks, trails, sponsor bumpers and even a celeb news bulletin half-way through!! Short of taking a shit on the print I don't see now they could have more comprehensively ****ed it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never liked this film, good concept badly executed with lazy scripting and terrible casting.
  • NailzNailz Posts: 3,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched it for the first time. Never really got into it.
  • Misanthropy_83Misanthropy_83 Posts: 2,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's a band called The Hell and on their facebook page every sunday night they would spoil a film and one week was buried but I held off looking at it because I hadn't seen the film yet and I was hoping for a different ending
  • ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    Found this captivating at times and the ending was good. Decent watch.
    Straker wrote: »
    A great example of how ITV's presentation can totally ruin a film. DoG, frequent ad-breaks, trails, sponsor bumpers and even a celeb news bulletin half-way through!! Short of taking a shit on the print I don't see now they could have more comprehensively ****ed it.

Can't imagine it lends itself well to the use of ad breaks, what with its need to build atmosphere steadily throughout the 90 minutes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    it seems to be on itv channels a lot..i seen it twice , second time i actually got the ending lol
    was a bit slow but keep to it..i agree with the mobile phone still charged and the signal kept on going lol ..then that far fetched bit with the snake, he threw the lighter at it and managed not to get burnt haha
  • Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great concept and a strange cinematic experience. Imagining the guys situation is pretty scary. I was engrossed from start to finish-though I didn't actually see the finish perched as it was after the credits >:(

This is one film that needs showing without any interruption.
  • Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved this film at the cinema. It helped that when I saw it, there was literally only me and another person there and he was way up the back so it was pin-drop quiet and it let me really get in to it.

The ending really did me in :)

I had a similar experience with "Sunshine", when there was actually only me as an audience. Its weird but fascinating experience especially as some of the effects in Sunshine are quite stunning and I was completely lost in it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member

was it Mark White he mentioned on the phone
    ? Bit confused here :D
  • HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed it and was shocked at the ending.
  • TexAveryWolfTexAveryWolf Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gravely underrated....