What's happened to Lucy Davis from The Office?

Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,739
Forum Member
✭✭✭
She looks terribly ill in these photo's:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2151364/Lucy-Davis-weight-loss-The-Office-actress-looks-tired-drawn-Los-Angeles.html

I know she's had health problems in the past, but she looks so frail here. Sunken eyes and dark rings, and her arms are like twigs.

Hope she's OK.

Comments

• stirlingguy1stirlingguy1 Posts: 7,038
    Forum Member
    Oh for God's sake, it's the Daily Mail. Do you never have off days where you look a little peeky? Off days when you may not wanna wear any makeup or had enough sleep. Perhaps they got her on one of those days? The Daily Mail is notorious for trying to catch celebs without makeup in comprimising situations. I'm sure she's fine.
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh for God's sake, it's the Daily Mail. Do you never have off days where you look a little peeky? Off days when you may not wanna wear any makeup or had enough sleep. Perhaps they got her on one of those days? The Daily Mail is notorious for trying to catch celebs without makeup in comprimising situations. I'm sure she's fine.

The pictures are on the front of The Daily Mirror today as well. It's definitely not just another Daily Mail story, she looks ill to me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her face looks very thin.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She looks a damn sight worse than 'a little peeky' :rolleyes:
  • angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hadn't realised their marriage had ended in divorce. I wonder if the change of balance in work played any part? I like both them. To me she looks unhappy in the photos but not unhealthy.
  • Janette800Janette800 Posts: 13,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lack of food...yet another celeb who thinks being a size six is the way to go....it just makes some women look really ill
  • GlowbotGlowbot Posts: 14,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She just looks like Jasper Carrot
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure what the problem is.
    Doesn't appear as though there's anything wrong with her that's any different from snapping any non-celebrity member of the public unawares.
  • LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    She looks bloody awful
  • stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Her arms have plenty of flesh on them so maybe it's just a bad photo or we are still smitten with her Office persona. They all diet like idiots when they go to the US.
  • bookaddictbookaddict Posts: 2,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She has had kidney (I think?) problems in the past. She looks a bit wiped out, but no worse than everyone probably looks sometimes.

Hope she's okay though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Crap :(

I thought it was one of those 'how dare she not go out with a full face of make-up' stories that the DM love to run, but she does look quite ill!
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    Hope she's ok as she seems like a good'n but those comments she made about losing weight and getting jobs were a bit worrying. I hope she comes back to the UK soon, sod chasing the American dream you don't look happy girl
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The weight loss is inevitable when they embark on a career in the US, but she does look so much better with a few more pounds. Her past health concerns have already been well documented.

I don't think it helps to have tabloid newspapers pointing fingers and shrieking: "See how terrible she looks!" and rubbing it in by accompanying photos of her wedding, which has since ended in divorce.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Watching her tonight on Death in Paradise she looks well out of sorts.
  • nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member
    I believe she's recovering from an eating disorder, but you're right, she really doesn't look well :(
  • AdelaideGirlAdelaideGirl Posts: 3,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep anorexia and bulimia and recently judging by this interview

http://www.express.co.uk/news/showbiz/375963/Lucy-Davis-How-I-beat-my-battle-with-bulimia
  • Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw her being interviewed on something a few months ago. I can't remember which show it was but she didn't look right at all. :(
  • chloebchloeb Posts: 6,501
    Forum Member
    Hasn't she recently split from husband too?

Edit... Yes it says she has in the link... Apologies
  • Rowan HedgeRowan Hedge Posts: 3,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watching her tonight on Death in Paradise she looks well out of sorts.

If i was a betting man then id be putting money on a slimming pill addiction, she looked better with meat on them bones.
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't know that Jasper Carrot is her father.
    I had no idea.
  • dodradedodrade Posts: 23,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not the most perceptive person but even I thought she looked terrible on Death in Paradise, didn't realise how ill she's been though.
  • KittenPartyKittenParty Posts: 198
    Forum Member
    Hope she starts to feel better soon she spoke bravely last year about her batting with her eating disorder, and says she hoped it would inspire other girls to get help.

Poor Lucy, she's a grate actress, and comes across as such a sweetie in interviews, I just saw she split from her hubby. She really a deserves a change in luck.
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She seems to think she gets roles in Hollywood because she's thin. Perhaps she needs to come back to the UK where casting directors aren't so worried about size.
    She said: "I wish I could be one of those people who is indifferent about their weight, but since I've lost weight I've had three roles so that has to tell you something."

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/09/29/lucy-davis-opens-up-about-struggle-with-food_n_1925408.html

It's hard to believe that this is her in the OFITG Christmas special in 1997.14.02 in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2r5jx8tM3xo
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And she must have spent too much time in the sun as her face was looking a tad too wrinkly for a 39 year old in Death in Paradise last night