2013 Classic Series DVD releases.

Comments

• davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
    Forum Member
  • CoalHillJanitorCoalHillJanitor Posts: 15,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hope C4 never shows Doctor Who, or we'll miss Jamie saying 'Look at the size of that thing!'

(thus bringing us back near the topic) :)
  • gboygboy Posts: 4,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Theophile wrote: »
    How are they editing The Simpsons?

By the way, I just watched my copy of Destiny of the Daleks (which I had not seen in decades before I bought it last month) and I must say that I liked it. It wasn't as good as the preceding The Key to Time or the later E-Space Trilogy, but it was enjoyable. And I so love Romana II. :):):)

I really liked 'Destiny of the Daleks' too - good story, great location work, and Lalla really hits the ground running as Romana II (love her fight scene with Commander Sharell in Part 4 - does she grab his crotch at one point....?).

Sadly, the story is let down by poor production values (the Daleks look like thy're held together with gaffer tape!), and David Gooderson, who makes a poor Davros.

Otherwise, one of my all-time favourites.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gboy wrote: »
    I really liked 'Destiny of the Daleks' too - good story, great location work, and Lalla really hits the ground running as Romana II (love her fight scene with Commander Sharell in Part 4 - does she grab his crotch at one point....?).

Sadly, the story is let down by poor production values (the Daleks look like thy're held together with gaffer tape!), and David Gooderson, who makes a poor Davros.

Otherwise, one of my all-time favourites.

Don't forget the ill-fitting mask that was made for Michael Wisher! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 90
    Forum Member
    Doing very well in my local tesco - 2nd on tv chart last week. Not making an impression in other supermarkets seemingly - just no copies on display.
    HMV in big trouble so no copies of any show/ film added to existing stock.

Re: Channel 4 - not shocking for me that they cut in the way they do..
    Anyone remember their bizarre choice of Angel for a teatime slot and therefore being cut to ribbons?
  • TheophileTheophile Posts: 2,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doing very well in my local tesco - 2nd on tv chart last week. Not making an impression in other supermarkets seemingly - just no copies on display.

Anyone remember their bizarre choice of Angel for a teatime slot and therefore being cut to ribbons?

You buy your Doctor Who at the local supermarket? Interesting.

My friends and I will be doing our part next week in order to help out The Reign of Terror's numbers by purchasing our copies on the day of release. :)

It is sad that they emasculate The Simpsons over there; it is one of my other favorite T.V. shows.
  • shortcrustshortcrust Posts: 1,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

My friends and I will be doing our part next week in order to help out The Reign of Terror's numbers by purchasing our copies on the day of release. :)

It is sad that they emasculate The Simpsons over there; it is one of my other favorite T.V. shows.

My local Sainsburys has started using the same pricing for dvds as sainsburysentertainment.co.uk, which often seems to be the cheapest place to buy these days. It means I can be sure I can get dvds on release day without paying the earth for them!:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 90
    Forum Member

Well it's a cheap thrill carrying the item home myself... and I don't want the postman to get the impression I buy endless DVDs :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well it's a cheap thrill carrying the item home myself... and I don't want the postman to get the impression I buy endless DVDs :D

I had never thought of adjusting my behaviour based upon what the postman would think of me. :D
  • Dr jake youngDr jake young Posts: 652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

not surprised about HMV, i went to my local one today to see if they had reign but they didn't have a single Dr who DVD! The DVDs they did have were impossibly expensive.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shortcrust wrote: »
    My local Sainsburys has started using the same pricing for dvds as sainsburysentertainment.co.uk, which often seems to be the cheapest place to buy these days. It means I can be sure I can get dvds on release day without paying the earth for them!:)

I have been thinking about this and it seems akin to our WalMart where you can purchase food (and a lot of people do purchase their food there) and they also sell DVDs, guns, electronics and just about everything else. :):):)

P.S. Do we have any more dates for after Reign of Terror that are for certain? Here in the U.S., we only have the two Special Editions coming out in March and then that is it for confirmed dates. There are a few more for the U.K., but, running out of scheduled releases (at least here in the U.S.) in less than five weeks seems a bit short sighted.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Every one! THE ARK IN SPACE SE HAS BEEN MOVED BACK TO APRIL 8TH!!!:eek::mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Every one! THE ARK IN SPACE SE HAS BEEN MOVED BACK TO APRIL 8TH!!!:eek::mad:

Nuts. Do you have a link for that?
  • dorkjacksndorkjacksn Posts: 598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nuts. Do you have a link for that?

Is that to compensate for 'The Ice Warriors' being pushed back? Or will something replace Ark in the schedule?
  • grazey1985grazey1985 Posts: 1,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is about 3 different dates floating round.

BBC shop says 18th feb
    Play says 25th feb
    Amazon says 8 april
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grazey1985 wrote: »

BBC shop says 18th feb
    Play says 25th feb
    Amazon says 8 april

Nuts. Well, I will keep the chart as is until we have a little more something pinned down. However, delays suck. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Doctorwhonews.net http://releases.doctorwhonews.net/index.php?filter=DVD still has the date as March 11th (UK) and March 12th (US) for the Special Edition of The Aztecs and I would think that they would be the most official.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    this is very confusing. I think this has something to do with the ice warrier's!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grazey1985 wrote: »

BBC shop says 18th feb
    Play says 25th feb
    Amazon says 8 april

Oddly enough, April 8th of 2002 was when The Ark in Space was originally released for Region 2. I wonder if this is somehow the source of some of the confusion. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Doctor_Who_DVD_releases
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oddly enough, April 8th of 2002 was when The Ark in Space was originally released for Region 2. I wonder if this is somehow the source of some of the confusion. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Doctor_Who_DVD_releases

thats what i thought. Maybe amazon have screwed up on the date.:confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Massive news everybody!
    from the official site www.doctorwho.tv

February 25: The Ark in Space: Special Edition
    March 11: The Aztecs: Special Edition (plus Galaxy 4 reconstruction)
    May 6: The Visitation: Special Edition
    May 27: Inferno: Special Edition
    June 3: The Mind of Evil
    June 24: Terror of the Zygons
    July 15: Spearhead from Space Blu-Ray
    August 5: The Green Death: Special Edition
    August 26: The Ice Warriors
    September 16: Scream of the Shalka

(Note: these are Region 2 dates, Region 1 releases are normally a few days later. All dates are provisional and subject to change.)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Massive news everybody!

(Note: these are Region 2 dates, Region 1 releases are normally a few days later. All dates are provisional and subject to change.)

also ice warriors not being animated, only loose cannon reconstructions:(
  • DiscoPDiscoP Posts: 5,920
    Forum Member
    Massive news everybody!

Interesting that the list only goes up till September is that to clear the schedules for the release of the Power of the Daleks in November? (I'm joking of course)