✭✭✭
    filmfan7 wrote: »
    Runaway with Tom Selleck 1984
    Parting Shots with Chris Rea
    FX and FX2
    Quatermass films
    and most old Hammer Horrors like Dracula and Frankenstein
    On the Beach

Have all of these and yes rarely on TV now ... Agree about the Quatermas films they used to put then on after 10.30pm on a Friday night ! .. Loved Parting Shots was so funny and typical of the late Michael Winner films !
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yellowbeard
    Xanadu
    The HIll (which pops up on TCM now and again, but until I stumbled on to it about 3 years ago, I'd never heard of!)
  • stripedcatstripedcat Posts: 6,689
    Forum Member
    mrcynical wrote: »
    Schindlers List.

It does pop up on ITV3 every now and again. Only on a few weeks ago.
  • Ted CTed C Posts: 11,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RB wrote: »
    Party Party
    Eat the Rich

Horrible bloody films, can't imagine why I would ever want to watch either of them again.

Sometimes there are good reasons films fade into obscurity....
  • Fibromite59Fibromite59 Posts: 22,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would love to see the film Mix Me A Person. I saw it in about 1962 when I was about 11 years old and as far as I know it has never been on TV.
  • stripedcatstripedcat Posts: 6,689
    Forum Member
    jxp wrote: »
    Most of these are available on DVD, but have not been shown on TV (well Freeview) for a least 10 years (and probably more).

Network

Harold And Maude

All are "classics" that I would like to see, but not sure if they're worth paying for,
    Hmm, I might look on eBay.

Yeah, they haven't been on Freeview. However, 'Network' was on TCM about a year ago. Interesting film, I wouldn't say it was a classic but, it does seem quite relevant in this day and age(i.e. Jerry Springer, Jeremy Kyle, the power of TV, etc.).

Harold and Maude has been shown on Sky Movies. Interesting film from the 1970s. Strange subject matter.
  • Jackie BrownJackie Brown Posts: 3,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Weekend at Bernies.
  • g-bhxug-bhxu Posts: 2,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Overdrawn At The Memory Bank
    Special Bulliten
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A star is born ,barbara streisand one. Its my mums favourite film and iv been trying to get hold of it for her for ages
  • ASIFZEDASIFZED Posts: 1,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    True Lies gets very rare showings, so was delighted to see it on Ch4 HD last night. Recorded it and hope an overdue bluray release follows this year.
  • spearce8spearce8 Posts: 205
    Forum Member
    Rattle of a Simple Man
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0058515/

Stopped buying DVD's a few yrs ago and this was still on the 'wanted' list, little or no chance for Blu then.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    treefr0g wrote: »
    I've had a couple of people say how good 'Miracle Mile' is but I have yet to see it appear on TV or Sky.

I don't think that it's available on DVD in UK either.

I may have to buy it from iTunes one day.

Its on you tube. Soo many plot holes its hilarious. Well worth a watch :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A star is born ,barbara streisand one. Its my mums favourite film and iv been trying to get hold of it for her for ages

you can buy the dvd for under a tenner on amazon.
  • Fear of FoursFear of Fours Posts: 1,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ASIFZED wrote: »
    True Lies gets very rare showings, so was delighted to see it on Ch4 HD last night. Recorded it and hope an overdue bluray release follows this year.

True Lies is on at least once or twice every year. ITV3 actually ran it to death a few years back by airing it several times a week for months at a time.
  • yorksdaveyorksdave Posts: 3,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was a series on channel 4 in the eighties I think called "The Worse Films Ever Made" it included such classics as "Plan Nine From Outerspace" and "The Wild Women of Wongo", cant remember seeing either since.
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    yorksdave wrote: »
    There was a series on channel 4 in the eighties I think called "The Worse Films Ever Made" it included such classics as "Plan Nine From Outerspace" and "The Wild Women of Wongo", cant remember seeing either since.

The Worst Of Hollywood' was the title, presented by one of the Medved brothers of 'Golden Turkey Awards' fame.

I remember seeing 'Santa Claus Conquers The Martians' in that slot, and 'Robot Monster'
  • TiwttmosTiwttmos Posts: 2,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The original Nightmare on Elm Street movie is rarely on tv.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    That will be the day....David Essex
    Phar Lap
    Braindead
  • sinbad8982sinbad8982 Posts: 1,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Champions 1981
    Who Dares Wins 1982
    The Squeeze 1977
    Mcvicar 1980
    Paradise Alley 1975
    The Gauntlet 1977
    Highpoint 1982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    True Lies is on at least once or twice every year. ITV3 actually ran it to death a few years back by airing it several times a week for months at a time.

Still, once or twice a year for one of the best Arnie films is pretty rare. The likes of the Terminator films, Raw Deal, Kindergarten Cop, Eraser, Conan etc, get more of an outing than a classic like True Lies. May be something to do with the villains....
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ASIFZED wrote: »

I thought that film was pretty regular, the dance and strip scene with Jamie Lee Curtis being a highlight?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rfonzo wrote: »
    I thought that film was pretty regular, the dance and strip scene with Jamie Lee Curtis being a highlight?

Indeed!
  • jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw a film in the cinema in around 2005 called Stander. It's available on DVD but I've never seen it shown on TV nor does anyone else ever seem to have heard of it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,832
    Forum Member
    sinbad8982 wrote: »
    Champions 1981
    Who Dares Wins 1982
    The Squeeze 1977
    Mcvicar 1980
    Paradise Alley 1975
    The Gauntlet 1977
    Highpoint 1982

McVicar is on ITV4 this Thursday.