Cara Delevigne being promoted as the new Kate Moss

2»

Comments

• SquatchSquatch Posts: 781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure you are pretty! :)

I have dark eyebrows, although thinner than hers, and long hair also so it's nothing against the look (incase I sounded catty). I just think with long hair there's so many ways to style it and she always just leaves it hanging flaty. :confused:

Don't worry, I wasn't offended and you didn't seem catty :)

I was just saying that I liked her at first because she was making my natural look fashionable and popular.

I agree about her lank hair - she's trying to look grungy and low maintenance. And failing!
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
  • TheDemiurgeTheDemiurge Posts: 1,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love Cara.

Have you seen the clip of her drumming on YouTube? She's like a female Keith Moon!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    She's everywhere. I'm sure her & her former 'wifey' have the same PR people, cos she gets plenty of press for naff-all as well. 3am & the Evening Standard can't get enough of her. Everytime she gurns, she gets column inches & I don't get it.

I'm no fan of Kate Moss but one thing she does very well is maintain an air of mystery about her, so people are left wanting more. Whoever is promoting Cara are really getting their money's worth from her!
  • SquatchSquatch Posts: 781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Fail love her too. The other day there was an article about her getting Vogue covers - a model on the front of Vogue?? Whatever next!
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My take on it is that the press have latched onto her because she's young, colourful and is not afraid to make a t1t of herself and she seems good fun. There's nobody else quite like her in modelling atm.

She's also a conduit for the Primrose Hill/London hipster mob, the haute couture fashion world and big female music stars like Rihanna (new wifey?) and Rita so there's plenty going on around her. She's a reporter's dream, a tomboy that scrubs up well. It's captain obvious that she likes girls at least as much as/more than boys and isn't shy about any closet (and good for her :)) - and partying - so she'll be of endless interest to editors, gossip columnists and those seeking stories.

But with youth comes inexperience and the gutter press headlines are probably already being written in advance, just for the day. Much as they are currently slobbering the press will be waiting with knives out for when she trips up so she'll need to be careful....and watch her back. :sleep:
  • doom&gloomdoom&gloom Posts: 9,051
    Forum Member
    As Mr Super said she seems to be in The Sun every day, must have got a really good publicist.

Mind you, at one time Agyness Deyn was in The Sun every day and now it's "Agyness who?".
  • FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She isn't going to be at the VSFS this year.
  • Molly BloomMolly Bloom Posts: 2,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find Cara exceptionally boring looks wise, and maybe even borderline ugly a lot of the time. The fact she's often sticking her tongue out and pulling funny faces doesn't help.

Kate, in her prime, was an absolute beauty. She was very striking and made her looks seem natural and effortless. I'm not even a fan of her but it's undeniable how gorgeous she was.

For the media to promote Cara as being anything close to Kate is laughable.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find Cara on some days looks beautiful, but on most days looks like a homeless person.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FusionFury wrote: »
    I find Cara on some days looks beautiful, but on most days looks like a homeless person.

The homeless person look is a hispter thing. They must see it as a form of rebellion or something? Either way, :rolleyes:
  • PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love Cara.

Have you seen the clip of her drumming on YouTube? She's like a female Keith Moon!

:D:D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2506372/Victorias-Secret-2013-scenes-Victorias-Secrets-catwalk-extravaganza.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2506547/Cara-Delevingne-chows-Jourdan-Dunn-ready-Victorias-Secret-Fashion-Show.html

She made it to the VS in the end but my god, her hand tattoos are awful!

I agree with one of the comments
    bobsyouruncle, manchester, 3 hours ago
    Whereas a lot of the other models show real professionalism and dedication in preparation for their walk.. healthy diets and lots of cardio and exercise.. Cara is always stumbling out of clubs drunk, smoking, covering herself in crappy little tattoos and has the worst posture I've ever seen, she always has her shoulders hunched and slouching. Her body just looks lanky, not toned.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    More pictures of her pulling stupid faces in the Mail today. Does she do anything else?
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It should be obvious to people where all this has been leading. She's wanting to break into acting so her people have been bigging her up in the press for some time now in preparation for.

Links to other celebrities, however tenuous (and they often are) or just platonic, is all grist for the gossip grinder that gets her onto the radar.

I kinda like her, she's okay. But she needs to watch her nose imo. So do some of her friends.
  • Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    More pictures of her pulling stupid faces in the Mail today. Does she do anything else?

Oh dear Lord that face pulling....I find her incredibly irritating:mad::mad: & I genuinely don't think she is anything special.