Password stopped working, needed to change it, should i be concerned?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
Forum Member
✭✭✭
So i just tried to sign into PSN on both my PS3 and Vita

but for some reason it kept saying either the Email or Password was wrong, the email still works because i just signed into my email account check for emails from sony

So the problem must be with the password, its weird because it was working fine yesterday

Is this something i should be concerned about, should i contact sony for more details, there are card details on the account, so it has gotten me a little worried

Comments

• blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    So i just tried to sign into PSN on both my PS3 and Vita

but for some reason it kept saying either the Email or Password was wrong, the email still works because i just signed into my email account check for emails from sony

So the problem must be with the password, its weird because it was working fine yesterday

Is this something i should be concerned about, should i contact sony for more details, there are card details on the account, so it has gotten me a little worried

Similar issues here http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=719453
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    I went to download some items for my Vita earlier & noticed that a load of stuff had been downloaded today which wasn't by be. It was stuff that had already been purchased so no money came out my account but I've changed my password now. It was all PS3 items but I don't have a PS3 so I know it wasn't me!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMTT wrote: »
    I went to download some items for my Vita earlier & noticed that a load of stuff had been downloaded today which wasn't by be. It was stuff that had already been purchased so no money came out my account but I've changed my password now. It was all PS3 items but I don't have a PS3 so I know it wasn't me!

Weird

Nothing has been added to my download list, that i can tell anyway

With so many different places having reports of users experiencing this, i hope we can get some info from Sony

Right now it could be a simple error on Sony's end meaning they lost the info and we need to change, or it could be another PSN hack starting

The sooner we get a statement from Sony the better
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They reset a few passwords due to suspicious activity, probably brute forcing or a load of Chinese IPs trying to get in.

I swear every time I try and login to battle.net my account is blocked, darn annoying but I guess better to be safe.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    Just had exactly same thing, worried me, have just changed email address and got new password to be safe
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    After changing my password yesterday, it said my new one was incorrect, even though it wasn't, and I had to change it again!

I downloaded Rayman & Lumines from the store again yesterday but the rest of this stuff wasn't me! It had been items that I had downloaded previously months ago but I haven't had a PS3 for 2 months now & everything was formatted on it before I got rid of it. http://onemantagteam.tumblr.com/post/67640349572

Things like Resistance 3 beta, LBP Kart, Uncharted 3, X Com & Read Dead Redemption had also been downloaded

The list of items downloaded yesterday goes on for quite a bit but I only downloaded the top two. I'll be keeping an eye on it over the next few days now password has been changed
  • Jamesollier18Jamesollier18 Posts: 1,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just seen the articles in Google Tech news about a reset, signed in to check but went through OK and was not made to change but to accept an agreement.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMTT wrote: »
    After changing my password yesterday, it said my new one was incorrect, even though it wasn't, and I had to change it again!

I downloaded Rayman & Lumines from the store again yesterday but the rest of this stuff wasn't me! It had been items that I had downloaded previously months ago but I haven't had a PS3 for 2 months now & everything was formatted on it before I got rid of it. http://onemantagteam.tumblr.com/post/67640349572

Things like Resistance 3 beta, LBP Kart, Uncharted 3, X Com & Read Dead Redemption had also been downloaded

The list of items downloaded yesterday goes on for quite a bit but I only downloaded the top two. I'll be keeping an eye on it over the next few days now password has been changed
    PSN does that. Usually when your PS+ renews.
  • trayhop123trayhop123 Posts: 886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    happened to me yesterday morning ,,,,,,,,,, it just wouldn't accept my regular password ,

so i rang sony , they said that blocks of random users accounts have been froze as a security precaution ,,,,,, YEAH RIGHT LOL ,,,, they told me to click the fogot my password option (even though i havent) and that it would send an email within 24 hrs .

so obviously they didn't , rang them back today and the lady told me to repeat the precedure . only this time not with my playstation , but with a pc directly to ''www.sonyentertainment.com''

this worked , got my link , changed my password ,,,,, and im back on , all sorted

the lady said some babble about a security procedure ....... yeah ok , more likely they have been hacked
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just had my password reset as well now. Nothing looked wrong on my account though once I changed it and signed in.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had to reset mine too this morning. It makes me wonder if they've been pulling PSN IDs from forums and trying to hack them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Had to reset mine too.
  • Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    Had to reset mine three.
  • SteptoeSteptoe Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    Me too..
  • tombigbeetombigbee Posts: 4,639
    Forum Member