Ray fans

Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
Forum Member
✭✭✭
From Ray's twitter:)

The Industry Group ‏@industrymusic 3h
Fans of @therealRayQuinn do NOT want to miss this week's @star_magazine. http://www.star-magazine.co.uk/breakingnews/view/56324/SEE-PICS-Dancing-On-Ice-star-Ray-Quinn-s-hottest-ever-shoot/ … #DOI #DancingOnIce

A feature about Ray in this weeks Star magazine;-)

Comments

• humpty dumptyhumpty dumpty Posts: 4,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wouldn't mind seeing Ray do this one on Sunday night (skip to 3.05)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4j_pgbGOvU

I liked the Spanish one in his first series too.
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ray will be on Daybreak today, and also on Lorraine :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I taped Daybreak and Lorraine - FF all the way through Daybreak and they didn't appear :kitty:

They were on Lorraine however :)

I've just looked at Lorraine's twitter and she's tweeted:

Lorraine ‏@reallorraine 5h
    Love you back ! RT @therealRayQuinn: That was fun!!..I bloody luv @reallorraine
  • IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looking at Ray's winning year I do wonder how Hayley achieved a 10 for some of her routines.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ignazio wrote: »
    Looking at Ray's winning year I do wonder how Hayley achieved a 10 for some of her routines.

This one of Rays deserved top marks I think?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDHDyOoS7QM
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Spellbinding.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ignazio wrote: »
    Spellbinding.
    Wouldn't mind if he did this one or the rock around the clock one. Neither got top marks though, I'm wondering if that will effect their decision?
  • BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That was my favourite the year he won and it's probably still my favourite now. Superb. :cool:

I also loved the Rock Around The Clock and Mmmbop routines. Scratch that. I love them all! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like either Rock Around The Clock or the Flamenco from this year.

Ray got 6.0 x 3 plus a 5.5 from Jason. Jason didn't give Ray a full 6.0 for RATC because he said the overhead lift wasn't high enough. So if Ray could amend that to please Jason, there's no reason why it shouldn't get a perfect score.:cool:

I'll be too nervous to watch it live on Sunday. I'm going to tape it and follow the live thread on here. In 2009 I think we all expected Ray to win over Donal and Jess, but this time it's far more nerve wracking and unpredictable. For the first time he's up against the popularity vote and the personality vote. It was that kind of vote that got Coleen to the semi final over stronger competitors.

Hopefully he'll get a huge rebound from last week ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Patti-Ann wrote: »
    I'd like either Rock Around The Clock or the Flamenco from this year.

Ray got 6.0 x 3 plus a 5.5 from Jason. Jason didn't give Ray a full 6.0 for RATC because he said the overhead lift wasn't high enough. So if Ray could amend that to please Jason, there's no reason why it shouldn't get a perfect score.:cool:

I'll be too nervous to watch it live on Sunday. I'm going to tape it and follow the live thread on here. In 2009 I think we all expected Ray to win over Donal and Jess, but this time it's far more nerve wracking and unpredictable. For the first time he's up against the popularity vote and the personality vote. It was that kind of vote that got Coleen to the semi final over stronger competitors.

Hopefully he'll get a huge rebound from last week ;-)

I know what you mean, but I'm not going to let the prospect of him not winning on the vote, spoil my enjoyment of watching his routines. Sounds a bit defeatist I know:) but I'm confident that he will put in A1 performances as always, and for me thats the main thing - do what he does best and let us all enjoy the performances. Everyone knows that its a popularity contest more than anything else, and as much as Ray would love to win, and may be disappointed on the night, I think ovrall as long as he knows hes shown the BP his best (and most know that he was the best) that should be enough. I'm seeing him winning as just the icing on the cake, but we'll always have his performances on youtube to go back to...and I doubt I'd ever have the urge to rewatch any of the other contestants performances.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    I'm really hoping he will win now that it is vote to win not to save but I would be really disappointed if he doesn't get to the Bolero, i really want to see that. His and Maria's Bolero last time was so beautiful
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ray and Maria's Bolero 2009:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARwwNHEfeek

Standing ovation from the judges :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Patti-Ann wrote: »
    Ray and Maria's Bolero 2009:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARwwNHEfeek

Standing ovation from the judges :)

Beautiful. This wasn't bad either:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChC5aJ7YGgY

Love their partnership.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was my favourite the year he won and it's probably still my favourite now. Superb. :cool:

I also loved the Rock Around The Clock and Mmmbop routines. Scratch that. I love them all! :D
    When I compare that routine which didn't achieve a maximum score with others that did I'm bewildered.
  • RellyRelly Posts: 3,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't got functional ovaries anymore, so what I'm going to say next is pure objectivity. :D

I noticed something (during my many watches of Bailamos - purely for critique reasons, you understand ;-)) that at about 2.5 mins in when Maria comes out of that spinny lift thingy they do she seems to tip backwards a bit far. I've no clue if she's meant to do it, but the camera angle's a bit off, but it seems like Ray has to go a tiny bit further to get her standing up. If I'm right, that might be why he didn't get full marks, because it would have been obvious from the judges' angle. Bloody stunning routine, though, and I'd love to see it again in the final.

I think the main reason I enjoy Ray's performances though is that he's so 'in the zone'. When he finishes a routine, he takes a minute or two to get back to normal - it was really evident after Bailamos, and really evident after his Bolero. He proper throws himself into whatever he's skating, and I'd rather see that than any number of faux showbizzy grins from anyone.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really hoping he will win now that it is vote to win not to save but I would be really disappointed if he doesn't get to the Bolero, i really want to see that. His and Maria's Bolero last time was so beautiful

I could be completely wrong, but my impression is that so many Hayley fans are more interested in Hayley beating Beth, and Beth fans more interested in Beth beating Hayley than Ray winning it overall. I think thats why Ray was in the bottom two last week.. the public believed it to be a fight between Hayley and Beth and their fans desperately voting to keep them in. I'm hoping that we don't see a repeat on Sunday, with Ray not even getting to the final two:( It depends if the public are effected enough by last weeks result, or if they still believe Ray will get through and its Hayley and Beth who are in danger and need the votes more.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Relly wrote: »
    I haven't got functional ovaries anymore, so what I'm going to say next is pure objectivity. :D

I noticed something (during my many watches of Bailamos - purely for critique reasons, you understand ;-)) that at about 2.5 mins in when Maria comes out of that spinny lift thingy they do she seems to tip backwards a bit far. I've no clue if she's meant to do it, but the camera angle's a bit off, but it seems like Ray has to go a tiny bit further to get her standing up. If I'm right, that might be why he didn't get full marks, because it would have been obvious from the judges' angle. Bloody stunning routine, though, and I'd love to see it again in the final.

I think the main reason I enjoy Ray's performances though is that he's so 'in the zone'. When he finishes a routine, he takes a minute or two to get back to normal - it was really evident after Bailamos, and really evident after his Bolero. He proper throws himself into whatever he's skating, and I'd rather see that than any number of faux showbizzy grins from anyone.

I'm wondering if they will chose their routine based on the marks given to them by the judges? If they do, its likely to be Nothings gonnas stop us now. As much as I loved the routine and think they deserved top marks for it, I think I'd prefer to see Bailamos or Rock around the Clock...those have a bit more wow factor I think, for the final. Bailamos deserved top marks imo, especially when you compare it to other performances that have got 5.5's..it was a definite stand-out performance and just amazing. The routine, the skating, the performance, the dancing and rhythm...Ray even managed to do those jumps (and land them) while still producing his Spanish poses. Unbelievable!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andi has just tweeted Ray to ask if he is doing the Black Eyed Peas routine and Ray has replied "No something much better!" Off topic but I am very disappointed Andi has not been asked to compeer the tout. It was quite flat with T n D competing! Great skaters but not trained presenters and little personality in that role IMO!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I could be completely wrong, but my impression is that so many Hayley fans are more interested in Hayley beating Beth, and Beth fans more interested in Beth beating Hayley than Ray winning it overall. I think thats why Ray was in the bottom two last week.. the public believed it to be a fight between Hayley and Beth and their fans desperately voting to keep them in. I'm hoping that we don't see a repeat on Sunday, with Ray not even getting to the final two:( It depends if the public are effected enough by last weeks result, or if they still believe Ray will get through and its Hayley and Beth who are in danger and need the votes more.

You could be right - unless their fans know Ray is likely to win, but want to get their favourite to at least do Bolero and be runner up?

Then there's the added factor of Dan's fans voting for Hayley because of him, plus the 'protest voters' voting for Beth.

The bookies still think it will be Ray:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/dancing-ice-final-ray-quinn-3214176

But I think most of those bets will have been placed before last week, so I don't want to feel too confidant - though a rebound vote is very likely :)
    Amytigger wrote: »
    Andi has just tweeted Ray to ask if he is doing the Black Eyed Peas routine and Ray has replied "No something much better!" Off topic but I am very disappointed Andi has not been asked to compeer the tout. It was quite flat with T n D competing! Great skaters but not trained presenters and little personality in that role IMO!

Interesting :D

Personally I'd like either the Flamenco or Rock Around The Clock.

I agree Andi Peters is a great host. T & D came across as quite wooden when presenting the tour :blush:

I remember being annoyed on the tour 2010. Jayne said to Hayley something like 'Everyone has come to see Jai Ho' and I thought 'I haven't' :o (I'd gone to see Ray).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ray's doodle :)

https://twitter.com/Daybreak/status/441852516733431808/photo/1

From Ray's twitter:

Leona Lewis Fan ‏@MrsGexwySwaggy 1h
    @DOILiveTour @therealRayQuinn you can win I believe you can you and Maria can do this make us proud!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I prefer Ray with Maria, but this is another great performance from Ray on tour

(skip to 5.00)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8bsozBHjLw
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭