iPad to HDMI cable - Can you use it in America?

I'm off to Canada and America on holiday and I bought an iPad to HDMI lead, would I be able to use it there?

Comments

• chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is no reason why the adapter lead itself won't work. HDMI is the same standard everywhere. What is potentially more likely to cause a problem is the video format of whatever you are playing on the iPad being compatible with whatever you are displaying it on.
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chrisjr wrote: »
    There is no reason why the adapter lead itself won't work. HDMI is the same standard everywhere. What is potentially more likely to cause a problem is the video format of whatever you are playing on the iPad being compatible with whatever you are displaying it on.

I don't think even that will be a problem. As far as I can tell, the iPad only ever outputs 1080p@60hz over HDMI regardless of what's being displayed.
  • tim1964tim1964 Posts: 829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agree,

Our Vega tablet played files via USB in both England and the US without any settings needing changing.

Until I sat on it and broke the screen...............but that wasn't anything to do with the HDMI output :D