Who do you want to see next series?

Comments

• JohnCurryJohnCurry Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Katie Derham

Katie Derham with Michael Ball
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nbt86tTuR5E

Katie Derham [ITV1] - Thinking mans crumpet.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiF2K4FqBX8
  • fancynancyfancynancy Posts: 7,991
    Forum Member
    jinx2 wrote: »
    Louise Jameson played Leela to Tom Bakers Doctor she also stared in Tenko, Bergerac and EastEnders.

Freema Agyeman is also a companion in Doctor Who :D

All started from the post by jiroos
    "I would like to see Louise Jameson ('Leela') take part."

Ah yes - I see now! :D:D

Anyway, at the risk of repeating myself, top of my wish list is - and has long been - Christian Malcolm. Graceful, elegant 200m sprinter with amazing posture and balance.

He must be due to retire before too long, so if not Strictly 2013, then 2014, or the year after that or the year after that or as long as it takes.......:D:D

Just as long as they book him before I shuffle off this mortal coil...:eek:
  • StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    • Ruth Madoc, 69, Hi-de-Hi Actress
    • Debbie McGee, 54, Magician's Assistant
    • Amanda Mealing, 45, Actress
    • Miranda Hart, 40, Comedian
    • Kelli Young, 31, Liberty X Singer
    • Helen Glover, 26, Rower
    • Ashleigh Butler, 18, Dog Trainer

• Geoff Capes, 63, Former Athlete
    • Brendan O’Carroll, 57, Comedian/Writer
    • Mark Owen, 41, Take That Singer
    • Paddy McGuinness, 39, Comedian
    • Jason Robinson, 38, Rugby Player
    • Dominic Cooper, 34, Actor
    • Chris Mears, 19, Diver

Perhaps not the most realistic of lists, but there's enough variety there, I think.
  • footygirlfootygirl Posts: 35,171
    Forum Member
    Rebecca Adlington has a press conference on Tuesday

Mybe she will announce her retirement.

If she does - she could be a possible for the new series
  • Steve9214Steve9214 Posts: 8,402
    Forum Member
    footygirl wrote: »
    Rebecca Adlington has a press conference on Tuesday

Mybe she will announce her retirement.

If she does - she could be a possible for the new series

Not another weepy ex sports person !!

Stephen Merchant - Ricky Gervais's very tall sidekick - Strikes me as someone very ungainly who would benefit from dance training - might be a very good dancer, or not. Either way good viewing.

Natalie Casey and Will Mellor are both at a loose end since Two pints ended, they have both been singers and dancers in the past so could be the "ringer".

I would guess at Dr Who links for 50th anniversary - so maybe Peter Davison or Colin Baker as the "oldies"
    Maybe Peter Davison and his daughter Georgia Moffett could both do it - and she could drag her Hubby David Tennant along to the shows.
    Arthur Darvill (Rory) another maybe although he is maybe more actor than "personality".

ITV and Cowell will be smarting from being beaten by Strictly both in the ratings and at the ITV television awards - sorry NTA's - so don't expect anyone controlled by them to be allowed within a mile of a Strictly studio.

I would love Kate Thornton to give it a go - she is good as host of the tour and ex X-Factor host so maybe 2 fingers to Cowell.
    Expect any rejected UK X-factor judge to be heavily rumoured, but IMHO they won't be able to do it, as I would bet Cowell would have an exclusion in their current contract banning them from Strictly for a long period after he sacks them. (A hefty chunk of cash usually ensures they comply with this sort of thing)
    Forum Member
    I think Freema Agyemang has left Law and Order - and she would provide a link wih Dr Who - so I wonder would she do it
  • JohnCurryJohnCurry Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James has done so well with two classy women - Cherie and Denise - I wonder who he will get next time. I would like it to be Katie Derham.
  • jiroosjiroos Posts: 15,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fancynancy wrote: »
    You must both be thinking of someone else?

Freema Agyeman followed Billie Piper as companion to Dr Who (the David Tennant version). Nowhere near old enough to have been in Tenko or Bergerac, and I've never seen her in Eastenders. :confused:

cwickham accidentally quoted footygirl instead of me!
    I'm sure they could work around the thirteen inch height difference. :p

Memories of Colin & Kristina come flooding back...
    Venetian wrote: »
    Yes good choice and let's have her husband, Mark Womack too:) But on no account whatseover are they to be paired with the Jordans:D

They were interviewed on 'This Morning' last week and Mark made it very clear that he hates doing interviews or things where he has to be himself...so cannot see this husband & wife team appearing on Strictly...
    cwickham wrote: »
    We always have somebody from Let's Dance for Comic/Sport Relief and they announced the first names for that today: Tim Vine, Ricky Hatton, Nina Conti and Jon Culshaw. Conti probably isn't 'mainstream' enough for Strictly but I could see any of the other three doing it.

Culshaw's always in the audience and has been Karen's sidekick in the 'box' so he could be a shoo-in.
    I think Freema Agyemang has left Law and Order - and she would provide a link wih Dr Who - so I wonder would she do it

Isn't she busy in the States doing the prequel to 'Sex & the City'?

Anyway, thinking about the 'obligatory ex-Eastender' slot, now she's on her way, I reckon Nina Wadia is the closest to a dead cert...and she'd be fun to watch too! Could see her being paired with Anton or Vincent!!!!:D
    Forum Member
    jiroos wrote: »
    Anyway, thinking about the 'obligatory ex-Eastender' slot, now she's on her way, I reckon Nina Wadia is the closest to a dead cert...and she'd be fun to watch too! Could see her being paired with Anton or Vincent!!!!:D

Might be... however she has a good comedy pedigree so I can see her being snapped up for a sitcom - although by Autumn it might be in the can and need her out promoting it so you never know.

Don't think she would like being paired with Anton, bearing in mind his history !!

Although the above comments about Mark Womack might apply to Nina Wadia, (and a lot of other actors besides). Cannot recall seeing her as "herself" much whereas her GGM co-star Meera Syal does loads of panel shows etc.
  • jiroosjiroos Posts: 15,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Steve9214 wrote: »

Although the above comments about Mark Womack might apply to Nina Wadia, (and a lot of other actors besides). Cannot recall seeing her as "herself" much whereas her GGM co-star Meera Syal does loads of panel shows etc.

I don't know. She interviewed One Drection for This Morning last week and said earlier that she left Enders because she has so much more to do before her career is over'. Perhaps being "herself" more is part of the future plan...
    Forum Member
    Rebecca Adlington has retired from competitive swimming

Hmmm I wonder, could she be a contestant for the next series of SCD
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 79,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I wouldn't be surprised;)
  • BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The Olympics will be forgotten once October comes lol :eek:
  • RichwoodRichwood Posts: 971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dondfan998 wrote: »
    Just a general thread suggesting names for this year (yep, this year now!)

Anyone got any ideas? :) I'd love to see Kimberly Wyatt of the Pussycat Dolls perhaps, or one of The Saturdays.

Here's my wishlist :

Sports people - Jessica Ennis, Rebecca Adlington, Paul Collingwood or Jonny Wilkinson, for a start

It will never happen but I'd like to see Maria Filippov and or Nina Ulanova off DOI. Apart from being charming people I bet they'd be smashing dancers. Also Daniel Whiston and Sylvain Longchambon (also DOI) would add much to the programme

A Royal - One of Fergie's offspring (Beatrice or Eugenie) or a pretend royal (Pippa Middleton), maybe even her post pregnancy sister. Princess Di would have been ideal, was quite good dancing with Wayne Sleep. Not too sure about Harry or King Wills

Actors - Rupert Penry Jones, Jan Francis, Helen Baxendale

Singers. Jake Shears, (Scissor Sisters) has good moves.
    Saw K.T. Tunstall busting a few moves in one of her videos, could dance a little

TV presenters. Emily Maitlis was quite good on Children in Need, and always been a fan of Kirsty Wark, who likes dancing. Also about time we had an Asian, Riz Lateef for example. Dr. Christian Jessen would get female hearts fluttering, but probably only good at Ballroom not Latin

Can think of loads more, but that's enough for now
    Forum Member
    I think Jessica Ennis is a none starter

She has world championships this year in Moscow, which are in August.
    Forum Member
    Richwood wrote: »
    Here's my wishlist :

A Royal - One of Fergie's offspring (Beatrice or Eugenie) or a pretend royal (Pippa Middleton), maybe even her post pregnancy sister. Princess Di would have been ideal, was quite good dancing with Wayne Sleep. Not too sure about Harry or King Wills

Zara...Zara...Zara !!!
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,493
    Forum Member
    So Rebecca Adlington has officially retired- I think we'll be seeing her in Strictly come September!

I'm saying two of the sportybods will see this year are Rebecca Adlington and Ricky Hatton! You heard it here first!
    Forum Member
    So Rebecca Adlington has officially retired- I think we'll be seeing her in Strictly come September!

I'm saying two of the sportybods will see this year are Rebecca Adlington and Ricky Hatton! You heard it here first!

And two people from the opposing ends of the height scale. Rebecca is about 5ft 10, so realistically could only go with Brendan - unless they brought back Ian

Ricky is about 5ft 8 - so ideal height for Flavia
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 79,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No to any royals:yawn:.

The brown-nosing from the judges and everyone else would be sickening.
  • *Topaz**Topaz* Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And two people from the opposing ends of the height scale. Rebecca is about 5ft 10, so realistically could only go with Brendan - unless they brought back Ian

Ricky is about 5ft 8 - so ideal height for Flavia

I think Rebecca has mentioned in the media that she really wants to do the show so she could be a strong possibility. I didn't know she was that tall! It's ridiculous they've only got one 6ft + male pro! When Ian and Matt were part of the show they used to have at least 3 to cater for the taller ladies and when Brian Fortuna joined there were 4. Now only 1! The same with the lady pros - only one tall female pro Natalie that can match well with very tall male celebs.

I like Brendan but I'm not sure he's the best match in personality for Rebecca and he had an Olympian last series! All the other pros would be a mismatch in height!

If they're going to change the pro line up this year they really need at least another tall male and female pro!
    No to any royals:yawn:.

The brown-nosing from the judges and everyone else would be sickening.

Agreed - I wouldn't want to see any royals on the show either!! They'd completely hijack the show and what with media circus/publicity you just know that no matter how good, bad or indifferent they'd be, the producers would still find a way to ensure a 'royal' staying in as long as possible :(:yawn::mad:
    Forum Member
    If Rebecca does end up on SCD new series then isn't it the perfecr opportunity to bring back Ian, who I think would be a good match for Rebecca, he has got the best out of Olympians before, such as Denise Lewis
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Rebecca does end up on SCD new series then isn't it the perfecr opportunity to bring back Ian, who I think would be a good match for Rebecca, he has got the best out of Olympians before, such as Denise Lewis

As much as I like the idea of that - I can't see it happening :cry: I'd like to see Katya back too but I doubt if that'll happen either :( They only bring them back for Christmas Specials although I know that Ian has come in for emergencies.

I wonder how tall Karen Hauers's boyfriend is? He did choreography for a group dance last year - perhaps if he's tall enough the producers should try him out.
  • SaraV1308SaraV1308 Posts: 9,760
    Forum Member
    *Topaz* wrote: »
    As much as I like the idea of that - I can't see it happening :cry: I'd like to see Katya back too but I doubt if that'll happen either :( They only bring them back for Christmas Specials although I know that Ian has come in for emergencies.

I wonder how tall Karen Hauers's boyfriend is? He did choreography for a group dance last year - perhaps if he's tall enough the producers should try him out.

Kevin is not very tall (approx Pasha in my opinion). I think there was a photo of the group including Kevin when they all went to Midnight Tango earlier this week.
  • fancynancyfancynancy Posts: 7,991
    Forum Member

Yes, yes and thrice yes!! They'd make a great pairing. :D

It must happen. Anyone got a plan? :confused::confused::(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Richwood wrote: »
    It will never happen but I'd like to see Maria Filippov and or Nina Ulanova off DOI. Apart from being charming people I bet they'd be smashing dancers. Also Daniel Whiston and Sylvain Longchambon (also DOI) would add much to the programme

Mark Hanretty would be great too - he's lovely and he's said he'd like there to be a show with the DOI and SCD pros and he'd like to partner Flavia :D I don't think it'll happen either but it would be entertaining if they could do a one off - Also Andrei Lipanov would be perfect with Natalie :)
    SaraV1308 wrote: »
    Kevin is not very tall (approx Pasha in my opinion). I think there was a photo of the group including Kevin when they all went to Midnight Tango earlier this week.

Oh that's a pity because I thought it would be interesting if he joined the line up - I don't know what he's like as a dancer but I read he's got quite a bit of ballroom experience - it could still happen I suppose but they really need another tall male in the line up as well.

If Rebecca does do the show - it would be nice if the producers could ask Ian back, as I agree with posters who say he'll be ideal for her even if it's just for one series. They've asked pros back who've missed series on DOI and DWTS but they don't seem to do it for some reason on Strictly!

I hate it when celebs get mismatched with pros that are the wrong height or not suited in other ways - it's not fair on celebs or the pros and I feel disappointed in not seeing a celeb reach their full potential because of it!