Jimmy Saville to be revealed as a paedophile? (Part 7)

Comments

• davidmcndavidmcn Posts: 12,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i4u wrote: »
    Are those outlines meant to represent the new list celeb suspects, is one of them female?

If it is then I think I could name her from that outline.

I hope they're just generic silhouettes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This thread got over 6000 views yesterday; shame the WYP report was such a whitewash.
    Hopefully the IPCC will take a hard line with them.
  • nomad2kingnomad2king Posts: 8,415
    Forum Member
    Butterface wrote: »
    He did what most intelligent, predatory people do - he played and manipulated everyone he met for his own nefarious purposes.
    There was clearly reason and method in him befriending so many Police Officers, Politicians and members of the Royal family.
    I'm not sure that the two things are linked. Making links with those groups of people would only serve a purpose if you were caught out, and then there would be no guarantee that people would keep it a secret. Outside of his celebrity persona did he meet that many people?
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,802
    Forum Member
    davidmcn wrote: »
    I hope they're just generic silhouettes.

More likely geriatric.

I would have thought they all would have been the same if the paper didn't want people to think they were the outlines of suspects ?
    Forum Member
    This thread got over 6000 views yesterday; shame the WYP report was such a whitewash.

What you mean is like Yewtree the public provided no evidence of corruption or a paedophile ring.

How excited some people must have been when they read he ferried 3 females to London to "Top of The Pops" no less, but were shocked to read the 3 females said he behaved like a gentleman and did nothing inappropriate...that can't be right it must be a cover up/whitewash.
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Am still fizzing over the WYP report. That is all, for now!:mad:
    Forum Member
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    Am still fizzing over the WYP report. That is all, for now!:mad:

Most current officers at WYP may not have been born before the 1980's, I doubt very much there's a serving officer who was one in the 1960's.

So the current crop have nothing to lose putting the boot into people they've had no contact with or knew them in the police?

Would people blame the current Met Police Chief for failing to arrest Jack The Ripper?
    Forum Member

A case of 'nothing to see, move along there' ?
  • DimsieDimsie Posts: 2,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most current officers at WYP may not have been born before the 1980's, I doubt very much there's a serving officer who was one in the 1960's.

So the current crop have nothing to lose putting the boot into people they've had no contact with or knew them in the police?

Would people blame the current Met Police Chief for failing to arrest Jack The Ripper
    ?
    Some people probably would AND some of the present day family members of his victims would probably demand a public apology and compensation for supposed police failures at the time, etc. The clue, of course, is in the word 'compensation', that's the magic word that works wonders! ;)
  • chinchinchinchin Posts: 125,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are those outlines meant to represent the new list celeb suspects, is one of them female?

If it is then I think I could name her from that outline.

Looked like the old hairstyle of a bloke that hosts/hosted a gameshow and is from the North to me. I worked out it was Tarbuck's outline from an earlier Mirror outline and description so they could be real silhouettes..
  • occyoccy Posts: 64,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Putting a perspective on this. I don't think DLT, Jim Davidson, Max Clifford & Jimmy Tarbuck did anything wrong. I think women got close to them and they mixed with all people, but no abuse ever happened. It's just cuddles and nothing else.
  • honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    chinchin wrote: »
    Looked like the old hairstyle of a bloke that hosts/hosted a gameshow and is from the North to me. I worked out it was Tarbuck's outline from an earlier Mirror outline and description so they could be real silhouettes..

I expect they are. I recognised Jimmy tarbuck too because he has an unusually thick fringe for his age. ;)
    Its bad enough in my opinion that people are named at all unless there are special reasons, and its horrible that others are being speculated about just because they have a similar silhouette or do the same job.
    Forum Member
    Dimsie wrote: »
    Some people probably would AND some of the present day family members of his victims would probably demand a public apology and compensation for supposed police failures at the time, etc. The clue, of course, is in the word 'compensation', that's the magic word that works wonders! ;)

I think we should stop compensation payments. We simply cant afford it, it encourages false claims, and the money would be better spent trying to prevent it happening to others in my opinion.
  • chinchinchinchin Posts: 125,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I expect they are. I recognised Jimmy tarbuck too because he has an unusually thick fringe for his age. ;)
    Its bad enough in my opinion that people are named at all unless there are special reasons, and its horrible that others are being speculated about just because they have a similar silhouette or do the same job.

I am inclined to agree. Either name or don't name, not half reveal.
  • occyoccy Posts: 64,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some Women have turned this around from Groping to abuse.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 89
    Forum Member
    occy wrote: »
    Some Women have turned this around from Groping to abuse.

Is there really that much of a difference? I would have hated being groped when 9 years old and believe most adults would consider that abuse.
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Would people blame the current Met Police Chief for failing to arrest Jack The Ripper?

Don't kid yourself. The old guard still have influence. Again, I can't say too much on here but I know, through a personal connection, that there were 'wheels within wheels'.
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't kid yourself. The old guard still have influence. Again, I can't say too much on here but I know, through a personal connection, that there were 'wheels within wheels'.

Surely if you are privy to information that has been witheld and is obstructing and perverting the course of justice you have a duty to report it ?
    Forum Member
    inquirer64 wrote: »
    Is there really that much of a difference? I would have hated being groped when 9 years old and believe most adults would consider that abuse.
    Occy did specify women. :)

One charge that Stuart Hall confessed to would be considered trivial by many.
    He put his arm around a seventeen year old promo girl and touched her breast outside her clothing.In public. I have no idea how they could know it was intentional because it happens accidentally all the time, especially if you move your arm. and I am surprised that he could remember the incident, as the meeting was only for a minute or so, but we have to take his word for it.

Groping was never good, but we have moved on from the times when it was considered normal to pinch bottoms, or thrust your tongue in someone's mouth "for a laugh" and I dont think it happens now.
    Forum Member
    skp20040 wrote: »
    Surely if you are privy to information that has been witheld and is obstructing and perverting the course of justice you have a duty to report it ?
    I agree. Even the tiniest bit of information should be reported.
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    inquirer64 wrote: »

Personally I would say for an adult that a brief touch of a boob or pinch of a bum which went on back then (not right but it did ) but not so much now would not really be worthy of full on investigations and taxpayers money, abusing children however in any way shape or form is a totally different matter and should be thoroughly investigated.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Archbishop Launches Inquiry Over Abuse Claims
    The Archbishop of York is launching an inquiry over claims a former Dean of Manchester Cathedral sexually abused choirboys.

http://news.sky.com/story/1089698/archbishop-launches-inquiry-over-abuse-claims

Another reminder that it wasn't just the Catholics.
    Forum Member

What twaddle...someone in their 40's in the 1960's would be in their 90's now. What they going to do threaten to mow down with their mobility scooters anyone who speaks out?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark Williams-Thomas ‏ @mwilliamsthomas 10 May
    The quality of this #savile report seriously concerns me & although WYP has totally exonerated itself perhaps the IPCC can get to the truth.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    UPSD's dissection of the WYP report, although I'm never quite sure exactly what their agenda is.
    http://www.upsd.co.uk/operation-newgreen-savile-report/
This discussion has been closed.