Do you own or intend to purchase a 3DTV

I just wanted to find out how many people that use these forums own or intend to purchase a 3D capable TV.

Do you own or intend to purchase a 3DTV 33 votes

Currently own
84%
derek500Alrightmatechenkskoantemplationdiablofastest finger[Deleted User]technologistskunkboy69Silver Tractorstevejk75ironjadeRich_Ldenzil28pete32BrokenArrowCaptnSpaulding[Deleted User]JulesandSandRickWhite 28 votes
Intend to purchase
15%
The_One[Deleted User]neo_wales[Deleted User][Deleted User] 5 votes

Comments

• soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My next main TV will probably have 3D capability because it is becoming a standard feature but I won't specifically be buying a particular TV because of it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,440
    Forum Member
    Hmmm.

Where are the options for no don't own or no I'm not getting one?

My vote would be not getting one.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmmm.

Exactly, it's hardly a representative poll if you're only offering a one sided answer!

Once the manufacturers perfect lenticular screens that don't suffer from limited viewing "sweet spots" then 3D will probably have a better chance of taking off, but until they do away with the glasses then 3D TV will always be a niche market.
    Personally, I'm willing to wait 2 or 3 years for the next gen of lenticular 3D TV's to arrive on the market.
  • ftsemonksftsemonks Posts: 554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Currently own
    linea wrote: »
    Exactly, it's hardly a representative poll if you're only offering a one sided answer!

Once the manufacturers perfect lenticular screens that don't suffer from limited viewing "sweet spots" then 3D will probably have a better chance of taking off, but until they do away with the glasses then 3D TV will always be a niche market.
    Personally, I'm willing to wait 2 or 3 years for the next gen of lenticular 3D TV's to arrive on the market.

You might be dead by then:cry:
  • alan1302alan1302 Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member
    Not getting one
  • noise747noise747 Posts: 30,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt i will be getting one to be honest, this 3D thing is just a gimmick and adds nothing
  • finbaarfinbaar Posts: 4,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    3D is dead. At least the idea that a mainstream audience are willing to sit in there own houses wearing glasses to watch headache inducing “3D” is dead, It is also dying in the cinema, thank god.. There could well be a market for games.

4K and 8K are a genuine upgrade to the TV experience. And you don’t look stupid watching them.
  • JulesandSandJulesandSand Posts: 6,012
    Forum Member
    Currently own
    I own a 3D TV but never use the 3D facility, I bought mine because of it's high quality 2D HD performance.
  • Lordy LordyLordy Lordy Posts: 1,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm.

My vote would be not getting one.

+1 from me.

Poor poll if you ask me, not representative enough of the possible answers people might give.
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    I do like the concept of 3D and it certainly does give a wow factor with certain scenes, but while having a look at the demos in Tesco,Comet & Curries one thing became apparent which was that it hurt my eyes.
    That was only after a couple of mins, so not too sure I could I sit through a whole film for 2 hours or more.
  • BrokenArrowBrokenArrow Posts: 21,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Currently own
    I have an LG 3DTV and its brilliant for watching Blu Ray videos. I don't subscribe to any 3D channels though.

As for those that say they will never get one, well you won't have any choice because it will be a standard feature in short order.
  • CaxtonCaxton Posts: 28,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant poll — at the moment we know that 25 own and 3 intend to purchase a 3D set but this means very little when there are potentially many millions who do not own one and do not intend to purchase one in the near future
  • mac2708mac2708 Posts: 3,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caxton wrote: »
    Brilliant poll — at the moment we know that 25 own and 3 intend to purchase a 3D set but this means very little when there are potentially many millions who do not own one and do not intend to purchase one in the near future

Exactly
    What if you don't have/want a 3D Blu-Ray player or the full Sky HD package at almost £60/month?
    What is offered in 3D on TV anyway apart from some movies/sports on (as mentioned) premium channels?

I tend to agree with this point of view
    http://www.techradar.com/news/television/hdtv/why-3d-tv-is-just-a-pointless-gimmick-679178