Whatever happened to...

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 355
Forum Member
Andie MacDowell and Ashley Judd?

Weird question I suppose, but when I was growing up it seemed to me that they were going to be massive stars. I'm not sure anyone else ever thought that, but was wondering if anyone knows what happened to them?

Comments

• JCRJCR Posts: 24,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Judd is 45 and MacDowell is 55.

Hollywood won't cast women that age as the lead of anything. Meryl Streep is the exception that proves the rule.
  • Inky BinkyInky Binky Posts: 2,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andie MacDowell has been doing TV. She was recently in JANE BY DESIGN (which lasted only 1 season - 17 episodes) and is now filming another TV show called CEDAR GROVE.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    The good thing about Ashley Judd is that she was good looking and got her baps out in several films.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    The good thing about Ashley Judd is that she was good looking and got her baps out in several films.

is she the one thats in tommy lee jones film thats always on film 4 and itv 2..forgot whats is called..she goes to jail and breaks out or runs off, tommy leee jones chases her..good thriller
  • Metal MickeyMetal Mickey Posts: 1,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    is she the one thats in tommy lee jones film thats always on film 4 and itv 2..forgot whats is called..she goes to jail and breaks out or runs off, tommy leee jones chases her..good thriller
    That would be "Double Jeopardy", and yes, ITV's print must be wearing out by now they've shown it so often... :) Ashley's mother and sister are country act The Judds, and somehow their mother is the youngest looking of all of them...

And I've always been mystified at how Andie MacDowell ever managed to get as far as she did in movies - she was so bad in her first movie "Greystoke", that her entire role had to be re-dubbed (by Glenn Close)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In the case of Andie MacDowell, if I were producing anything decent she would be well off my radar. I would find it hard to cast someone who has made her main career that of self hair worship. I'd assume they were shallow and lacked empathy.
  • treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doesn't Andie MacDowell still do a hair advert?

I seem to remember a while back that she got into archery and was intending to enter for the Olympics.
  • Theo_BearTheo_Bear Posts: 997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ashley Judd had a small role as the US President's wife in the first 10 mins of Olympus Has Fallen before dying.

I'm sure I read somewhere that she's not the nicest of people, and is fairly pompous. Jonathan Frakes said a few years ago that Judd refuses to acknowledge that her acting career started in Star Trek TNG. It's not like she's ever done anything better in her life.
  • NoseyLouieNoseyLouie Posts: 5,651
    Forum Member
    I've never really rated andi macdowell as a proper actress tbh. Same as Matthew mcconaughy tbh.

Hollywood Is horrible to ageing women actresses, they make them seem forgettable from 1980's onwards.

Excuse my spelling.

Kathy Bates, Glenn close, Isabella Rosselini, Laura Linney..etc. where are they now.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andie is a terrible actress in my opinion, but shockingly has earned three golden globe nominations and no Razzie wins.

Kathy Bates did a television show called Harry's law and was nominated for loads of awards. She is now filming American Horror story season 3.

Glenn close did Damages which won her loads of awards, plus did Albert Nobbs which gave her another academy award nomination. She has loads of projects in the pipeline. This woman never stops.

Laura Linney did a tv show called The Big c which finished this year and has several films in the pipeline

So before asking where they are, why don't you do some research?. Sorry to be rude but it does my head in when people ask where are certain actors right now when they are clearly working. More and more film stars are going to television. It's not hard to go on wikipedia and look up what they are doing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NoseyLouie wrote: »
    I've never really rated andi macdowell as a proper actress tbh. Same as Matthew mcconaughy tbh.

Hollywood Is horrible to ageing women actresses, they make them seem forgettable from 1980's onwards.

Excuse my spelling.

Kathy Bates, Glenn close, Isabella Rosselini, Laura Linney..etc. where are they now.

Glenn Close is in high demand maybe not as much as Meryl but still where is she now are
    you being serious?