Disney Infinity

RoyceRoyce Posts: 128
Forum Member
Forgot this was out so soon. Anyone else picking it up for their kids?

The cheapest price seems to be 52 quid (which I just saw here on vanillaplay). Vanillaplay also has a handy write up of what you`ll need. Surprise, surprise it can get expensive! Co-op will require additional character packs and the characters must be from the same series as at least one of the characters you already have. Other than that it looks fun and my kids loved the Toy box mode in the Toy Story game and this really seems to build on that.

Not mentioned in the above article though is that the Wii version apparently doesn`t have co-op.

Comments

• gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im going to do my upmost to get kids to not see the ad. It will get ridiculously expensive
  • RoyceRoyce Posts: 128
    Forum Member
    It`s been getting good reviews. I bought cars 2 and they just went back to Toy Story's Toy Box mode after an hour. I need to see them play something else! The costs mount up but that didn`t stop people buying Skylanders. I also think the kid in me thinks its cool that toys can now be transferred into a game (the kid in me obviously isn`t cynical!)
  • lloydstentonlloydstenton Posts: 147
    Forum Member
    Having major problems with this.

Installed the 1.03 patch and registered the boys account with Disney. However:

1. I can't verify the account as I keep getting a Forbidden 403 error on Disney's website

2. It just hangs on the loading screen if he plays signed into the PSN

Anybody else having these problems ? I've emailed Disney's tech support but don't expect a quick response ....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Royce wrote: »
    It`s been getting good reviews. I bought cars 2 and they just went back to Toy Story's Toy Box mode after an hour. I need to see them play something else! The costs mount up but that didn`t stop people buying Skylanders. I also think the kid in me thinks its cool that toys can now be transferred into a game (the kid in me obviously isn`t cynical!)

Honestly its not just the kid in me but also the adult, if Disney brought out classic Disney film playsets like Aladdin, Jungle Book, Toy Story and beauty and the beast then i'd be buying this game and more than a few figures
  • mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Royce wrote: »
    It`s been getting good reviews

The only reviews I've seen for it have been average at best. The figures are good, though.
  • gamercraiggamercraig Posts: 6,069
    Forum Member
    Can someone explain to me how the game works, is it usable with just the figures in the starter pack?
  • mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gamercraig wrote: »
    Can someone explain to me how the game works, is it usable with just the figures in the starter pack?

Yes, but better if you buy more. That's how they make their money. Check out a review:
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-08-23-disney-infinity-review
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On Amazon, it's £47 at the moment ( see here )

depends on which console of course- Xbox is a bit more.
    I think I'll still wait and hope it comes down a bit.
  • grilligrilli Posts: 1,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it was cheaper on toysrus with a £5 off voucher which was/is freely available