ANTM Cycle 18: British Invasion Premieres Tonight in America

Comments

• dylanpartyondylanpartyon Posts: 11,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a feeling that the last few weeks, are setting up, for a girl who usually comes near bottom, to just come right back, and go real far. I cant decide if its Analeise, or Alisha....
  • Toy_HeroToy_Hero Posts: 11,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a feeling that the last few weeks, are setting up, for a girl who usually comes near bottom, to just come right back, and go real far. I cant decide if its Analeise, or Alisha....

I know what you mean and I get the feeling as well. I think they're gonna balance until the end, so in my mind the final 4 will more than likely be

Sophie
    Alisha
    Eboni (or AzMarie)
    Laura

I have a feeling Alisha is doing what she did in BNTM and will slowly creep towards the top. I was just thinking today, Eboni could actually be a surprising turn around. She's young and fresh and it might help her.
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,104
    Forum Member
    Why does Eboni always sound like she's got a cold? :confused: She sounds terrible.

And also, that designer who booked and then unbooked Laura and Kyle from her show had an incredibly annoying voice. lol
    She sounded like Miranda from Sex and the City.

On a more positive note, this is the first time I've sensed some real interest from the judges for Laura. I know she's got a top photo before, but they were probably thinking of it as a fluke and they were kind of dismissing her as the weird quirky girl. But this week the judges looked like they really wanted to find out what goes on in her head, and they liked what they saw.
  • Yobaba**Yobaba** Posts: 4,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was it just me or did Kelly sort of have a personality transplant at judging? She said one or two nice comments which put me on edge slightly but overall seemed really forced and meant to disguise her being the massive bitch that she actually is. I felt really uncomfortable when she spoke to Laura about her friend who passed away. I can't believe I liked her in week 1.

The US girls are definitely being overrated. But I wonder if they are being set up for a fall? Sophie and Catherine at least are better than they are getting credit for from the judges. I like all the Brit girls, though it was definitely Ashley's time to go. It should really have been Seymone instead of Cat at the bottom 2 though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The subtitles may not be gone forever. Next week is Nadine Coyle :p:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Toy_Hero wrote: »
    The subtitles may not be gone forever. Next week is Nadine Coyle :p:D

So excited for that. But its 2 weeks. One Tree Hill final or something next week is pushing ANTM back :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So excited for that. But its 2 weeks. One Tree Hill final or something next week is pushing ANTM back :(

jeez, no such thing as different time slots these days :p
    Aw thats gonna suck, was excited to hear NAY-DEEN!!
    Forum Member
    So there was no episode this week. :mad: What a crock of shite
  • Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,170
    Forum Member
    I am lovin cycle 18 - it has personality, whereas cycle 16, 15 and 14 lacked that sparkle. Cycle 16 was awful. All Stars was ok, then became a media brand seeker rather than all time top model....in cycle 18 stereotypes are grating and the divide is so false, and Sure we all know than it will be a top 3 of American Models... In no way would the franchise allow it any other way. Could you imagine a uk rep winning the US title...end of series! Strangely I always thought that the uk models were poor in comparison to the US models, but some of them are doing better and are being greatly underrated, despite being older.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If anyone wants to see the music video for the UK girls, here is the UK link. If you dont wanna see it, dont click
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPm1YMcKXQc&feature=player_embedded

Hopefully the US one comes soon
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The US version is out. Again dont click if you dont wanna see :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuQ1RUjz8Lg

I think I prefer the UK one...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I prefer the UK too. The tune was catchier and the personalities of the girls came out more. But I am already imaging the ways in which Tyra will tear holes in it to say that the US girls did better.:p
  • riannerianne Posts: 1,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree, UK song is better.

Why the winner has to have to have a single produced is beyond me... are they not meant to be models..:sleep:

Im assuming the theme tyra wanted was booty tooch... and of course we had to have the essential 'pot ledom' reference.

Thank god Tyra is not in neither video ruining everything this time around. I will never forgive her for ruining Alisons music video:mad:
    Forum Member
    Both are quite good, but think the UK one is more fun and a bit more polished.

There's a DS interview with our beloved All-Star Lisa on mentoring them for this shoot.
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s68/americas-next-top-model/interviews/a375107/americas-next-top-model-lisa-damato-qa-being-a-mentor-was-fun.html

Doesn't say anything about eliminations, she just says who she thinks did well....
    Who did stand out for you?
    "In general... I'm not saying that the American girls are less enthusiastic or less positive per se, but the ones that stood out to me the most, who presented themselves to be incredibly more hands on and creative and really worked really hard and stayed positive through the whole process, I would say were the Brits. Laura from the American girls - she's awesome. I thought, you can tell that she's got some great light inside of her. But in general, in terms of the challenge I did with them, it would be Annaliese, Catherine, Alisha and then I loved Laura."

and also who struggled...
    And did any models particularly struggle with the challenge?
    "Yeah. I think someone who struggled quite a bit was, to me, Azmarie. She seemed to be a bit cocky but didn't really come through."

That's interesting because she's been a really solid contender to this point.
    "Yeah, I know. I really love her look and I really was looking forward to her breaking through, but I didn't really see much. It didn't really shine to me. But, you know, it was a lot of the girls' first time in the studio. But actually Azmarie said that that wasn't for her, so I was kind of surprised."

Quite interesting.
  • Ashfield22121Ashfield22121 Posts: 2,823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I knew who was going when I saw the preview.

AzMarie definately shot herself in the foot.

Number 1 Rule of Top Model: NEVER PISS OFF TYRA by refusing to participate in her silliness
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eugh, there are no links up at the moment. However, I'm damn happy that all the Brits got called first. I had seen both music videos and completely agree that Alisha deserved FCO. However, the whole AzMarie thing is so pathetic. She had been leading the pack most of the show, and now Tyra boots her like that. Also Kelly Cutrone was licking her ass all last week, and then this week she's over her. I have no idea anymore.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Finally just watched it. The whole tooching challenge really did make me cringe. Gotta love Naaaay-deeeen. I dunno how her accent is so thick, it's stronger than mine and I'm from N.I haha.

Kinda obvious that AzMarie was thrown under the bus. Others have refused things and scraped through. AzMaries portfolio is very strong she deserved her place. Kyle didn't stand a chance, her part of the video was terrible! However, in saying that... Seymone was crap, how the hell did she get praise! Bottom 2 should have been Seymone V. Kyle

By the way this is all going, a Brit will go next so I'm guessing Annaleise. I'm hoping they throw Seymone out next, please Tyra do what's right!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,385
    Forum Member
    Does anyone have an easy link for this? Can't find it anywhere...

Didn't intend to spoil myself but I've read the comments here and cannot believe who got booted! I thought she was a dead cert to win - had her and Sophie down as the ultimate UK vs. US final two. Kind of sad but at the same time thrilled because it increases the British side's chances of winning :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone have an easy link for this? Can't find it anywhere...

Didn't intend to spoil myself but I've read the comments here and cannot believe who got booted! I thought she was a dead cert to win - had her and Sophie down as the ultimate UK vs. US final two. Kind of sad but at the same time thrilled because it increases the British side's chances of winning :D

http://www.tv-links.eu/tv-shows/America-s-Next-Top-Model_55/season_18/episode_6/video-results/

I watch it from there. However, the Putlocker link has been taken down, so I guess i'd use the Vidxden one maybe
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,385
    Forum Member
    I use tv-links too, but the only links that ever work for me are putlocker and ovfile, sometimes gorillavid - but none of those are up there. What's up with putlocker recently? There's been nothing on it for ages...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm shocked at Azmarie going. She'd been getting pimped so hard, though I was never a big fan so not overly sad about it. Though it would have made more sense for them to get rid of Kyle who nobody seems to like including the judges, and who probably doesn't really want to be there anyway.

Still, I'm pleased the UK girls rocked it this week.:)
    Forum Member
    Hmm well I guess Lisa did kind of spoil who went home in that interview. :o Would never have believed it though.

I understand where AzMarie was coming from, but come on, she knew what she was letting herself in for.
    She was proud and cool in her own way and didn't want to lose that, but Laura's also got a coolness about her but she is fearless with it and doesn't start questioning herself when she's required to act a fool.
    I mean would you really want to be the person who allowed butt pads to get the better of you? :p
    I think Tyra was right that AzMarie was more in a bad mood rather than taking a stand against something. But she took her elimination in good grace, it's been obvious for weeks that her personality is not the sort that tickles Tyra's fancy.

Ugh, seeing Lisa as the All-Star just reminds you how cheap and trashy the show is nowadays. Just looking at her still makes me annoyed. lol

I've had the Brits video on repeat, really pleased they embraced the shoot so well and dominated at panel. Makes you proud to be British *sniff sniff* :cry:
  • javjamoll84javjamoll84 Posts: 15,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lol, did anyone else notice the tagline under 'Nae-Deen's' name was 'former member of Girls Aloud' :o

I enjoyed the Brits version way more than the US.

Az's elimination was shocking, but I already read a spoiler for it so wasn't surprising for me. Clearly it was just the refusal of the challenge that sent her home and not the actual shot in her video. Which suited her... :o

Laura and her bear was a slight ott moment... yeah Kyle kicked it further into the pool, but she attempted to retrieve it aswell. Shouldn't she be more pissed at the girl who tore its ear off instead:confused: Unless it was Kyle but I thought it was either Annalease or Alisha
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    Hoping for a Brit win now that AzMarie has gone.
    REALLY don't get the Seymone praise.

Sophie for the win.