Rapid fire controllers, like or hate them

ixHellstormxixHellstormx Posts: 2,192
Forum Member
✭✭✭
What's so bad about using a rapid fire controller, apart from having an unfair advantage when it comes to semi auto weapons or shotguns ?. Is it cheating ? just because they can fire faster or have auto aim, drop shot, quick scope and the like ?.

What's your opinion on them ?. Do you like them or hate them ?.

I'm sure we've all come across someone we suspect of using one at some point but how can we tell for sure ?.

Comments

• SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's so bad about using a rapid fire controller, apart from having an unfair advantage when it comes to semi auto weapons or shotguns ?. Is it cheating ? just because they can fire faster or have auto aim, drop shot, quick scope and the like ?.

What's your opinion on them ?. Do you like them or hate them ?.

I'm sure we've all come across someone we suspect of using one at some point but how can we tell for sure ?.

Of course its cheating, but I know people that use them on Cod and Gears. On COD they have a single shot AR, which is the strongest of all AR's and now firing on automatic. Id neevr use one myself, several of my friends bought them on ebay and they break after a few months and they cant do anything else with them. They cant take out the mod chip as the solders are all changed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not to mention that they don't always work, because the game will have an in-built 'maximum' amount of bullets it can fire within x period of time.

In COD for example your weapon will 'jam' and is actually really easy to jam the FAL in Black Ops 1. I always used to have it jam on me, firing legitimately.
  • ixHellstormxixHellstormx Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have nothing against them and if people want to use them then fair enough. The cost of them is extortionate though.
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,240
    Forum Member
    I used to use one while playing Street Fighter 2 on the Mega Drive

E Honda was unstoppable with it.
  • Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    People using them offline do not bother me but online they can be annoying. In mw3 people used them on the sniper rifles which basically gave them a ohk assault rifle.

For me the reason I play online is to pit my skills against other players on a level playing field.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alan1981 wrote: »
    People using them offline do not bother me but online they can be annoying. In mw3 people used them on the sniper rifles which basically gave them a ohk assault rifle.

For me the reason I play online is to pit my skills against other players on a level playing field.

You don't need to use a modded controller to get OHK with sniper rifles
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Hate them, it's cheating, sad and desperate. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hate them, it's cheating, sad and desperate. ;)

some nice looking controllers though m8 ;) lol
  • DavonatorDavonator Posts: 4,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand what satisfaction people get from using these. Don't they have a sense of hollow victory? They win because they are using a specially modified device that manipulates the game in an unintended way, not because they are the most skilful.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    Most games not much use
  • fluffedfluffed Posts: 1,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People who mod their controllers for golf games, now that's sad.
  • GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Offline it doesn't bother me people using them, online it should be considered cheating.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are great. The way you could wipe the floor on Decathalon games on the PSX.
  • homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    Rapid fire pads are for players who have no skill and for under 10 year olds
  • seanfseanf Posts: 3,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I modded my spare controller but never used it on line. And now I can't remember the last time i used offline. I modded mine just to see if i could.