newbie to kindle [keyboard]

kate36kate36 Posts: 13,715
Forum Member
✭✭
hi all
i was going to resist at all costs but i have finally succumbed and bought a kindle [keyboard] on ebay for myself; just waiting delivery but i have to admit i'm very excited!!
i didnt realise it had a web browser, although a basic 'experimental' one at that, i was surprised
has anyone else got the keyboard kindle? how do you get on with it?
has it changed the way you read books?
any feedback appreciated
cheers
kate36

Comments

• Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,270
    Forum Member
    kate36 wrote: »
    hi all
    i was going to resist at all costs but i have finally succumbed and bought a kindle [keyboard] on ebay for myself; just waiting delivery but i have to admit i'm very excited!!
    i didnt realise it had a web browser, although a basic 'experimental' one at that, i was surprised
    has anyone else got the keyboard kindle? how do you get on with it?
    has it changed the way you read books?

They utterly change the way you read - you'll never go back to paper books once you've had a Kindle.

I wouldn't get too excited about the browser, it's just about enough for occasional use, but it's not a wonderful experience :D

I've got two, an original keyboard Kindle, and a Fire HD.
  • bobcarbobcar Posts: 19,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They utterly change the way you read - you'll never go back to paper books once you've had a Kindle.

Or any of the numerous other eReaders out there.
  • SmithmanSmithman Posts: 6,184
    Forum Member
    I've had mine a while now and love it - I wouldn't be without it and can have as many books as I like without having to try and find shelf space to put them. I usually download free books, either from Amazon or Smashwords, so it's not costing me too much either :)
  • kate36kate36 Posts: 13,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i'd like to think i will still read proper books but its not always easy to get to the library and their fines are astronomical! i renew onine via the website and there was no record of it and they still made me pay the fines!!:mad::mad: and their reservation fees are a shocker... nearly a pound now to reserve a book!!:eek:

no im not getting it as a tablet per se, i just like the idea of a keyboard and it has a speaker and can be used for audiobooks, and it only cost me £40 on ebay!!:p and its a uk seller!!

will do until i can afford something smarter but will do nicely for now!!:D its coming with red case and charger:D
  • SmithmanSmithman Posts: 6,184
    Forum Member
    I do still read proper books as well, but really only when someone passes them on to me !

Edited to add : Mine has a red case as well :D
  • PuckyPucky Posts: 4,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Not strictly true.. I have a Kindle keyboard and still buy the odd "proper" book every now & then!