Desperate Housewives: Favourite Moments/Scenes

PANNAL1PANNAL1 Posts: 8,905
Forum Member
Having finally watched the final season, what moments stood out for you

For me apart from some great performances , was Bang aka the supermarket hostage episode.

Comments

• Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bang for me fantastic episode and really put the series back on course after what was a terrible second series :o

Mike and Susans wedding in the woods was beautiful.
    Edie's death and the next episode brilliantly done.
    The first series finale what a reveal.
    The episode that flash backed on Eddie's childhood and then him murdering his mother then lynette coming to say come live with them was like :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When Susan asks about the eggs - Remember last year when i borrowed those 2 eggs from you..

Allways makes me laugh.
  • dillandillan Posts: 2,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Bang" is probably one of my favorite episodes. The tornado episode was also fantastic.
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    dillan wrote: »
    "Bang" is probably one of my favorite episodes. The tornado episode was also fantastic.

I agree with this entirely.
  • PJ68PJ68 Posts: 3,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gaby having to give their adopted baby back made me boohoo a bit
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In season 4 during the Halloween episode- Danielle pretending to be her mother, then the twins seeing "Frankenstein" deliver a baby!
  • dondfan998dondfan998 Posts: 17,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Susan singing New York, New York and gradually starts ranting to Karl is my favourite scene, still!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxBhp-DsrAQ
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just been watching that ep- Teri is so good in that scene
  • LMLM Posts: 63,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Edie's last episode
    The 100th where the handyman dies
    The hostage episode
    The hurricane episode
    The flashback episode that centred on Eddie
    The series 1 and 2 finales
    Beth shooting herself
  • ZadethZadeth Posts: 5,450
    Forum Member
    The "Do not stand at my grave and weep" scene with Lynette and Karen.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The episode where Susan and Gabby are feuding over their children selling cookies. Brilliant episode.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zadeth wrote: »
    The "Do not stand at my grave and weep" scene with Lynette and Karen.

Beautiful scene

Kathryn Joosten who played Karen won an emmy for her performance in that episode.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Beautiful scene

Kathryn Joosten who played Karen won an emmy for her performance in that episode.

Did she?! I never knew that.
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An episode that sticks in my memory is when Orson's mother is revealed as the murderer of his mistress.

He gets back to the house to save Bree from being drowned in the bath, Alma falls off the roof and dies and then his mother has a stroke but he leaves her lying there all night before abandoning her in the hospital.
  • Andrew_DuncanAndrew_Duncan Posts: 1,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's a scene where Susan and Gabby get in a fight after Susan shoves Juanita. It on YouTube as 'Desperate housewives: catfight mommy moment'. It's hilarious.

Gabby: "I was too busy explaining to Juanita why MJ doesn't wear a dress like all the other little girls"
    Susan: "tell Lee I'll pay for the dent in his lawn"

Those are my two favourite quotes from the scene. Hysterical.
  • AerickAerick Posts: 1,528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the only scene I tend to watch often when I am feeling emotonal is the one where Lynette finds out she is cancer free and she goes outside and discovers the Possum/Gopher that was destroying her yard has now died.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpkPKQ5TjJA
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aerick wrote: »
    the only scene I tend to watch often when I am feeling emotonal is the one where Lynette finds out she is cancer free and she goes outside and discovers the Possum/Gopher that was destroying her yard has now died.

Watched that yesterday- such a beautiful and fitting scene.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just rewatching some of the boxsets and can't believe how much I hate Tom! Probably being completely irrational but he's such a petulant little brat! Actually feel really sorry for Lynette.
  • intoxicationintoxication Posts: 7,059
    Forum Member
    Aerick wrote: »

My favourite scene EVER. So powerful and well done. Other honourable mentions goes to 'Bang', 'Something's Coming' (Tornado episode) and the 100th episode with Eli Scruggs. I also actually liked the whole of Season 4 to be honest.

My favourite/funniest line is in the second season (I think) when Gabby is visiting Carlos in prison in some sort of group therapy thing.

Carlos (About Gabby): You know she cheated on me?
    Inmate: *Gasps*
    Gabby: "Oh shut up Bob, you beat your wife! You are so not aloud to gasp!"
    Wife: "Don't you talk that way to him!"
    Gabby: "One more word out of you and I will backhand you myself!" lol.

Oh and also the hilarious scene in Season 5 when Susan thinks Jackson is proposing to her and lays her heart on the line, sobbing joyfully, and then realised that he wants to marry her for a green card LOL.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    moose1982 wrote: »
    Just rewatching some of the boxsets and can't believe how much I hate Tom! Probably being completely irrational but he's such a petulant little brat! Actually feel really sorry for Lynette.

Tom is the one I feel sorry for. Lynette is a terrible wife all she does is manipulate him and belittle him. Tom, to me was the best husband in the show. Tom and Mike that is.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to feel that way but rewatching it, it feels as though Lynette has an extra kid to look after. He comes across as a spoilt brat to me.
  • boab34boab34 Posts: 1,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bree changing her dead husband Rex's tie during his funeral service :D
  • decobelledecobelle Posts: 4,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty much any scene that Bree is in and Susan is not!

I did love at the end of Season 2 when Bree calmly checked herself into hospital with a nervous breakdown - so poised even when falling apart
  • nw0307nw0307 Posts: 10,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gabby had some of the best lines and sometimes Bree could come out with some corkers too.

Gabby: The only person more self-centred than me is Carlos; he's so self-centred he doesn't even know how self-centred I am

Bree (after finding out her daughter it pregnant by her tutor) : Look, this family's reputation is already hanging by a thread. I mean first people thought that your stepfather was a wife killer, then your sister takes off with her history teacher and now we're supposed to parade the little bastard up and down the street. I mean, we might as well sit on the porch and play banjos!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watching the plane episode in s6 where Susan calls Dylan Mayfair, pretending to be an English doctor- hilarious accent!