RuneScape Thread!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 995
Forum Member
✭✭
I sometimes miss this game as it brought me some good memories, believe it or not. I still have an account but no time to log on and play, plus my laptop has nowhere near the required specifications to run the game fluently, which is a real shame as I would love to try it again.

Does anybody play this game still?

Comments

• davestokedavestoke Posts: 3,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like you I just don't have time to play anymore, which is a shame as I've got a level 101 character who's quite wealthy knocking around doing nowt.
    It left me behind with all of the new skills & stuff that came out. I just don't have time to get to a decent level on all of em & since you needed that to do a lot of the quests, it became pointless playing. Pity you can't sell characters legally!
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I tried playing it but it was way too slow to be enjoyable.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    davestoke wrote: »
    Like you I just don't have time to play anymore, which is a shame as I've got a level 101 character who's quite wealthy knocking around doing nowt.
    It left me behind with all of the new skills & stuff that came out. I just don't have time to get to a decent level on all of em & since you needed that to do a lot of the quests, it became pointless playing. Pity you can't sell characters legally!
    Yeah that's a good point you make. I had a level 121 with one skill cape (strength), over 100m and lots more skills in the 90's. Stupidly I let my cousin's boyfriend at the time play on my account and then didn't go on it for about a month. He changed my password and sold the account for drugs.
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,940
    Forum Member
    I'm trying the new Runescape. Looks a lot better!
  • cat666cat666 Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not played since the end of 2009, I have 8 99's inc slayer and probably a bank choc full of items.

http://www.oldbearshead.co.uk/cat/runescape/pictures/09.12.09%20-%2099slayer.jpg

Is the latest screenshot I can find, shortly before I quit.

The game is, quite honestly, awful. I played for years but became disallusioned with it when all the side events took over from the actual levelling and questing. Each week I was doing so much stuff that wasn't fun just because I felt obliged to. Lots has changed since I understand but now I don't want to play a "cheap" MMO. If they went full on downloadable client it might be different, but when you have an MMO like RIFT available, Runescape just isn't an option.
  • Psycho_KittyPsycho_Kitty Posts: 1,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder what the new version is like?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Replying to my old threads as I was too busy to reply at the time.

When I used to play back in my school days I used to absolutely bash RuneScape. I look back now I could only do it as I was young and needed a hobby. I definitely could not sit there for hours on end playing a game nowadays, I just do not have the time.

When Old School RuneScape was released my friends tried it and said it was very good. They all quit again after a couple of days, it will never truly be the same as it was. Now RuneScape 3 is out but my laptop can't even handle RS on the lowest settings anymore.
  • cat666cat666 Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was bored over the weekend so thought I'd log into Runescape 3 and see what it was like.

Graphically it looks little different to 2 and the graphics look dated, I also had lots of stuttering when I moved around, which considering the age of the game and the fact it's ran using HTML5 is apalling. What really annoyed me though is that the game has obviously changed drastically since 2, yet I got no help, or tutorial boxes to advise me of said changes. They are not simple things either and it would have been nice to have the option of a replay of a tutorial.

Anyway I can't see me being back anytime soon.
  • Andrew_BallardAndrew_Ballard Posts: 1,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    last time I played, nearly 10 years ago I had 33million gp and was very rich indeed. 33million gp is has probably deflated into nothing by now! But I guess my purple party hat/hallo masks are still worth something...had barrows armour and dragon stuff too but that's probably junk by now.