youtube pairing

gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,708
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anyone tried the youtube pairing between their phone and ps3 youtube?
Love it using the usa youtube app.set up queues and instantly control whats playing on ps3 by searching on your phone.

For me it works best under android. If you do it on ios you have to do it through safari as the youtube app on ios doesnt appear to have the controls.

Comments

• mojobrewmojobrew Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For some reason I can't get the youtube app to remember me, I have to log in every time I open it up

Haven't tried pairing it yet though
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For pairing you dont needto log in I dont think as I was controlling youtube on my ps3 account and other times my son was controlling on his ps3 account via his itouch
  • Jay-CeeJay-Cee Posts: 2,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i tried it last night and was not working for me, i dunno how to get it to work. it says go to youtube activate and it does not work. and i cant even sign in
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure what you're doing wrong. If you do get it paired youll see your phone flash up on ps3 screen.

If you come back to it later.ie next day. I think you need to start ps3 youtube first before starting it on your phone. You then click the little tv icon on phone and it will turn blue and reconnect again.
    I'm using it again just now. Oh and to rub salt in. I didnt realise my 9yo son was paying attention when I initially paired it, but today he paired his cousins ps3 to thier ipod touch lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ps you dont need to sign into youtube as im not signed in.you can also pair multiple devices with it. Not sure how many though.
  • Jay-CeeJay-Cee Posts: 2,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oh ok thanks, will try that