When do you think Daleks Master Plan will be released on DVD?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
Forum Member
I'd assume this would be a high priority story? how long would it take them to animate all the missing episodes? Could they be saving a DVD announcement for the 50th anniversary?

Comments

• TailsFoxTailsFox Posts: 675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As 9 out of 12 episodes are missing and currently (unless I am mistaken) only 9 missing episodes have been animated (or in the process of) at this point. Therefore I think that 9 full episodes to be animated between now and then is very unlikely although I think we'd all love to see it :)
  • PrimalIcePrimalIce Posts: 2,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could they be saving a DVD announcement for the 50th anniversary?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

No.
  • bennythedipbennythedip Posts: 2,343
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the audio release with the surviving episodes on the lost in time DVD are the best we will get. The 2 part book by john peel is a good read if you can get hold of it. There are also reconstructions on you tube.
  • andy1231andy1231 Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member
    Much as I would like to see it happen I don't think DVD sales would justify the cost. One or two episodes yes, but not nine.
  • TheophileTheophile Posts: 2,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dalek101 wrote: »
    I'd assume this would be a high priority story? how long would it take them to animate all the missing episodes? Could they be saving a DVD announcement for the 50th anniversary?

I would guess that it would be released in 2016. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have it on audio MP3.

It's a very good story!
  • allen_whoallen_who Posts: 2,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure when thatll be released but just walked thru warrington town centre and there are two daleks a tardis and david tennant look a like ... awesome.. I took pics like a geek
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I have it on DVD. Well a recon anyway.
  • CoalHillJanitorCoalHillJanitor Posts: 15,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have it on DVD. Well a recon anyway.

Loose Cannon did a superb recon of this one.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loose Cannon did a superb recon of this one.

Yep much like Evil.
  • tiggerpoohtiggerpooh Posts: 4,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's not going to happen. It would cost too much for the DVD restoration team to animate all nine episodes that are missing, presumed gone for good.

Unfortunately, the best we're gonna get are the three episodes that are featured on the 'Lost In Time' DVD box set, plus the John Peel book (if anyone can get it, as it's not being published anymore), and the audio CD.

I've got the 'Lost In Time' DVD box set, and I really like watching the surviving episodes from the First and Second Doctors. Especially 'The Wheel In Space'. I just love the scene when the Doctor says to the Cybermen, "I gather you have plans to destroy me?" And the Cyberman replies "You know our ways!". That's an enjoyable watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cexT2aE0M5w&feature=player_detailpage#t=43s
  • So 3008So 3008 Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    While 9/12 episodes are missing, the 42nd of Never.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    allen_who wrote: »
    Not sure when thatll be released but just walked thru warrington town centre and there are two daleks a tardis and david tennant look a like ... awesome.. I took pics like a geek
    Still look a lot more respectable than the usual scrotes who walk around Warrington town centre!!! ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can still get the john peel books from Amazon but for daft money.I bought them brand new and still have somewhere-great read.enjoy listening to the audio when driving to work-gets me through 13 traffic jams:D.does anyone think there is a possibility of a master plan release with the missing episodes reconstructed similar to the ones on you tube?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So 3008 wrote: »
    While 9/12 episodes are missing, the 42nd of Never.

Ha! Ha! :D Made me laugh, your comment! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When BBC News announced in October last year, that nine episodes had been found, I was hoping that some of them were from The Daleks Masterplan. Wasn't to be though. :( Still, :D it is good that, apart from one episode, we have two stories complete on DVD at last. They were missing for over forty years.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

When Phil gives the episodes back.
  • leenuxxleenuxx Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    I just came across this old thread. In the intervening years, BBC Worldwide have become so much more ambitious due to realising that at least some animated recons are highly profitable when released over multiple platforms, in multiple regions and exploited over indefinite stretches of time. Add to this this the great support of the ongoing animation project from critics and the press generally and, thankfully we are in a much better place now then we were back in 2013. Bundled with Mission, a Dalek Masterplan release would come in at 10 episodes, which is just two episodes over the number we are expecting in 2019. Add multiple disc and streaming availability, the absurdly high bankability of the Daleks and acres of publicity to this already treasured gem and it would seem a more likely prospect in the fullness of time. The 60th anniversary of DW in 2023 might be a perfect background for such a landmark release.

So, if anyone still thinks Dalek Masterplan will never see the light of day, see you in another five years and we'll review.
    The 42nd of never may just arrive, after all.
  • DemdikeDemdike Posts: 7,023
    Forum Member
    edited 13/12/18 - 18:02 #20
    This thread threw me at first. I was sure we'd had more than 9 animated episodes. Then BANG! the thread was from 2013.

I think we will be a lot nearer to this being released now than we were back in May 2013. The BBC do seem to have had success with their animations, especially Shada and of course the six episodes of Power of the Daleks which is very relevant to this topic.

For all we know someone may be working on new animations as we speak (or type) The Daleks Masterplan could well be on the agenda as could hopefully Evil of the Daleks.

At the moment i'm really looking forward to The Macra Terror in March.
  • Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd animate it over two releases, a year apart.

Vol.1 could pay for volume 2.....
  • DemdikeDemdike Posts: 7,023
    Forum Member
    I'd animate it over two releases, a year apart.

Vol.1 could pay for volume 2.....

If most are like me then that would be an issue because i'd wait until i could watch the full story rather than have to wait a year for the second batch of episodes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They split the novelisation into 2 parts.
  • chuffnobblerchuffnobbler Posts: 10,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blimey, this ye-olde thread caught me out!

I think it's fairly unlikely that this will be released anytime soon, but who knows. The soundtrack CD is excellent and I would be very happy to see this one properly (unlike Evil, which is monstrously dull and overlong and could chop out three episodes from the middle without any negative impact)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The loose cannon version of this is very good with animated moving daleks. Also like the recreation of the scene where the TARDIS lands at the oval. 3 different ways to experience this story. The 2 part novel, the CD audio release and the 3 surviving episodes with the loose cannon recon. Would prefer fury from the deep as the next animated release.