When it suits Capital..........

13»

Comments

• Mapperley RidgeMapperley Ridge Posts: 9,922
    Forum Member
    hotmat3k wrote: »
    Of course, the fair way to get tracks into the playlist is through meetings with record companies and analysing any tracks through scouting. Radio 1 have already exposed they do it this way through loads of meetings across the different producers of the station. I agree that Capital don't have this structure but still, similar principals should apply.

All the artists on the Global Talent books have heavily featured/promoted on Capital stations. Ofcom should really get the book out and investigate what is seriously going on there. It just proves there's no-one at the top at Capital who gives a damn about providing a good radio service fairly and at a great quality. It's pure self-interest.

1. Do you know for certain that Global execs never meet with record company staff? If that were the case, they did A damn fine job contacting all of those stars for that TV ad!

2. Some context. When yoy say "all" of the acts on Global's books, do you mean "three" - because that's all I can find on the company's website.

If the music industry had its own equivalent of RAJAR, Global wouldn't even register 1% reach.
  • SmartProgrammerSmartProgrammer Posts: 1,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hotmat3k wrote: »
    But, if you had a shop which was licensed by the government to sell a whole range of products, but they decided only to sell their own brand; then that would be wrong and fits to the same scenario to the current radio setup and related to Capital totally.
    Huh? No it doesn't. You make it sound as if Capital ONLY play artists signed to Global Talent. If that was the case you wouldn't be hearing Bruno Mars, Emeli Sandé, Rizzle Kicks, Nicki Minaj, Jessie J, Katy Perry, David Guetta, Calvin Harris, etc etc.

And for those bitching about over exposure of Lawson within Global, here's a fact for you; 'When she was Mine' isn't even in the top 20 list of most played songs this week on either Capital or Heart. In fact Juice (UTV) have really jumped on it with an average of 4-5 plays a day.
  • Mapperley RidgeMapperley Ridge Posts: 9,922
    Forum Member

And for those bitching about over exposure of Lawson within Global, here's a fact for you; 'When she was Mine' isn't even in the top 20 list of most played songs this week on either Capital or Heart. In fact Juice (UTV) have really jumped on it with an average of 4-5 plays a day.

Ahh - now I see - this thread should have been called...

When It Suits Capital Bashers....