Madonna - MDNA (Album Thread) (Merged)

Comments

• simonk243simonk243 Posts: 3,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wizzywick wrote: »
    Just to put things in perspective. A Barbra Streisand cheap ticket in 2000 was £175.00. A Madonna cheap ticket in 2012 was £45.00.

Someone like Barbara Streisand will probably only tour once or twice or will do a run of shows in somewhere like Las Vegas where those prices aren't unusua
  • AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    simonk243 wrote: »
    Someone like Barbara Streisand will probably only tour once or twice or will do a run of shows in somewhere like Las Vegas where those prices aren't unusua

Isn't that a bit of a double standard?

She last toured in 2000 and came to the UK. But surely, as Madonna tours more frequently and has to devise a concept and theme, recruit dancers, produce new material to perform, her prices reflect that! By the reckoning of Barbra Streisand ticket prices, if they were at the same rate now as they were in 2000, we'd be looking at £300 minimum!
  • RayofLightRayofLight Posts: 580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Barbra Streisand didn't come here in 2000, she came her in 2006, and it's the only time she's ever toured Europe, and she will never do it again.

I can totally understand her charging a lot more than Madonna... seeing Madonna live is not a rarity and it's not something considered "special" in 2012.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RayofLight wrote: »
    Barbra Streisand didn't come here in 2000, she came her in 2006, and it's the only time she's ever toured Europe, and she will never do it again.

I can totally understand her charging a lot more than Madonna... seeing Madonna live is not a rarity and it's not something considered "special" in 2012.

Well I consider it to be special. I haven't been to a Madonna concert since 2004. I got the Streisand date wrong, sorry. Although she did do a concert tour in 2000 in North America only. She actually came to Europe from May 2007.
  • Madonna38Madonna38 Posts: 2,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I consider it to be special. I haven't been to a Madonna concert since 2004. I got the Streisand date wrong, sorry.

Me too. I'm 19, loved her since I was a kid and this is the first ever tour I have been able to go to. (I was always too young to travel on my own with my friends) I paid £77 for Hyde Park and £60 for Birmingham. I think it's worth it. Obviously we have had to pay for hotels and stuff to me it's worth it. I think it's all down to personal opinion.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Madonna38 wrote: »
    Me too. I'm 19, loved her since I was a kid and this is the first ever tour I have been able to go to. (I was always too young to travel on my own with my friends) I paid £77 for Hyde Park and £60 for Birmingham. I think it's worth it. Obviously we have had to pay for hotels and stuff to me it's worth it. I think it's all down to personal opinion.

My friend was 46 at the time back in 2004, was so star struck at seeing Madonna he kep prodding me to say "That's Madonna!" So, a Madonna concert is hugely special. She's not exactly in the lower Pixie Lott league!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My friend was 46 at the time back in 2004, was so star struck at seeing Madonna he kep prodding me to say "That's Madonna!" So, a Madonna concert is hugely special. She's not exactly in the lower Pixie Lott league!

That's so adorable. I think that will be me ahahaha. She's the one person I have idolised since I was a child, it doesn't feel real that I am finally seeing a woman who has been the soundtrack to my whole life really.

I paid £85 to see Whitney Houston live on the last tour which wasn't the best show I have ever been to (to say the least) so for Madonna to be cheaper than that I am very impressed.
  • simonk243simonk243 Posts: 3,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

£77 and £60 is a fair price.

The last time I saw her was the confessions tour in 2006
    I brought two £120 tickets on ebay for £120 so they worked out £60 each I was made up and it was an amazing show, though I would of not paid the full price not matter how much I like her and enjoyed it.

I could get 4 nights away in this country for that or 2 or 3 nights and flight on a budget airline to Barcelona, Paris or Amsterdam :p :cool:
  • jadebutterfly96jadebutterfly96 Posts: 1,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I brought two £120 tickets on ebay for £120 so they worked out £60 each I was made up and it was an amazing show, though I would of not paid the full price not matter how much I like her and enjoyed it.

I could get 4 nights away in this country for that or 2 or 3 nights and flight on a budget airline to Barcelona, Paris or Amsterdam :p :cool:

It all depends on the individual's utility curve.:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Exactly I thought the prices were fair.
    We were going to get golden circle for one but decided not to so we could go to two instead (we knew at that point Birmingham was rumoured so took a risk).

In other news, I hope the rumoured set lists and spoilers I have just read are true regarding the none MDNA songs being performed because they are amongst some of my favourites!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am saving as much as i can Madonna38....will need to negotiate my job around it too though which may be taxing....will try and find a stand in ;)

But daymn as you say.....Madonna is the be all and end all for me in music! I mean there aint an artist bigger...and like you say she has been there since my childhood and been a soundtrack to my life! So just to picture her on stage and performing...woah!

I cannot wait to see what MDNA songs she will bring to the stage and what non-MDNA songs are too :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am saving as much as i can Madonna38....will need to negotiate my job around it too though which may be taxing....will try and find a stand in ;)

But daymn as you say.....Madonna is the be all and end all for me in music! I mean there aint an artist bigger...and like you say she has been there since my childhood and been a soundtrack to my life! So just to picture her on stage and performing...woah!

I cannot wait to see what MDNA songs she will bring to the stage and what non-MDNA songs are too :)

If you want the ticket let me know and I will keep it for you. Have you ever saw her live before?

I think right now the setlists are just rumours but there is some brilliant set lists going around. There is a list of songs that are reportedly being rehearsed so if they are on the show I am going to be very, very happy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you want the ticket let me know and I will keep it for you. Have you ever saw her live before?

I think right now the setlists are just rumours but there is some brilliant set lists going around. There is a list of songs that are reportedly being rehearsed so if they are on the show I am going to be very, very happy.

My dad bought me tickets to see ehr S&S performance in his final year :)

And i will deffo mssg ya or tweet ya or whatever :D hehe! But definitely will let u know soon as i can :)

Yeah i know it is so exciting though its like i wanna be surprised....but the main thing is how they are gonna be performed and reinvented too :D Excited if the album only sonvs as speculated will be in the shows :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My dad bought me tickets to see ehr S&S performance in his final year :)

And i will deffo mssg ya or tweet ya or whatever :D hehe! But definitely will let u know soon as i can :)

Yeah i know it is so exciting though its like i wanna be surprised....but the main thing is how they are gonna be performed and reinvented too :D Excited if the album only sonvs as speculated will be in the shows :D

Aww, that's sweet. Would of loved to of gone to that tour.

Okay let me know asap. If I know for definite I will keep the ticket. (:

YES! I really don't want to look at any pictures or anything of the first show but I know I won't be able to resist.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aww, that's sweet. Would of loved to of gone to that tour.

Okay let me know asap. If I know for definite I will keep the ticket. (:

YES! I really don't want to look at any pictures or anything of the first show but I know I won't be able to resist.

Yeah really really was :)

And yes i will i know there is a school meeting coming up mid-May so will mention it beforehand....its a staff one so will let u know :D. So exciting!

nd yeah i know will be so very tough not to look....i will try and avoid but it will be everywhere i know it :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah really really was :)

And yes i will i know there is a school meeting coming up mid-May so will mention it beforehand....its a staff one so will let u know :D. So exciting!

nd yeah i know will be so very tough not to look....i will try and avoid but it will be everywhere i know it :D

Okay, sounds great!!! If you decide you want the ticket we will sort out details at a later date (:

Oh I know, I will have to stay off tumblr ahaha.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Okay, sounds great!!! If you decide you want the ticket we will sort out details at a later date (:

Oh I know, I will have to stay off tumblr ahaha.

Ah slick as! :D:D:D

and yes temp ban ;) hehe!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah slick as! :D:D:D

and yes temp ban ;) hehe!

I hope you have the ticket (:

ahahahaha. I will have to ban myself from the internet and media in general. I just want to know what the outfits are like. I think a cone bra is calling.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope you have the ticket (:

ahahahaha. I will have to ban myself from the internet and media in general. I just want to know what the outfits are like. I think a cone bra is calling.

naww would be awesome....plus geek out!! WAHOO

and yeah i know...spesh with jpg there :-O.....reinvented Cone/Corsets...YEH!!! :D
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well she managed to hold on an extra week in the top 40 at #38 this week, phew! i think `hard candy` managed something like 22 weeks in the top 40 and its unlikely to do anything like that.:mad: it is a shame since i think this album is better. the advert for `truth or dare` is clever marketing though and i hope it helps. she was completely out of the top 40 in the midweeks.

also i noticed the steps album is in the top 40 again now they are touring, so i live in hope. although, their tv show is also probably helping.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The difference, HC had singles out on circulation....MDNA however does not have that so its doing well for what it is tbh.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    naww would be awesome....plus geek out!! WAHOO

and yeah i know...spesh with jpg there :-O.....reinvented Cone/Corsets...YEH!!! :D

whoohoo, Digital spy does Madonna ahaha.

I know!!! I want corsets and cone bras and red lipstick and the whole GPG/Madonna experience.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ah would be terr-if-ic!! :cool:

cannot wait to see what Madonna ahs truly come up with on these shows, visually, choreo, styles...ah!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ah would be terr-if-ic!! :cool:

cannot wait to see what Madonna ahs truly come up with on these shows, visually, choreo, styles...ah!

Would be amazing!! I think i'm going to cry when I see her.. a lot.

Me too!! I keep wondering what it's all going to look like but I just know anything I have imagined she will top 100%.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah if i do manage to see her i reckon i will just be hysterical XD

Yeah totally...i mean whatever we all imagine she always tops and surprises, cannot wait and cannot believe that the tour kicks off so soon :D