Series 7 Spoilers & Information Beginning to Come In

davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
Forum Member
Hey everyone, I know I have been AWOL recently, but things are getting so exciting with the big 5-0 coming ever and ever closer!

Doctor Who Spoilers have posted an intriguing item about the rumours that series 7 is filming in Australia, amongst other things:
It’s been slim pickings lately for new Doctor Who spoilers, however, a couple of crumbs have recently surfaced.

A forward written by Steven Moffat in the official programme of the DW Symphonic Spectacular held in Melbourne last night included a hint about the new companion, according to this poster.

Doctor Who’s 50th anniversary is coming. In Cardiff, we’re gearing up for the biggest, the best and the most ambitious season we’ve ever made. There will be shocks, surprises and heartbreak – the Doctor is about to say goodbye to his very best friends, Amy and Rory.

And then he’s about to say hello to someone very different – the Doctor is going to meet someone very new [in] the very last place he could ever have expected…

Also, speaking of Australia, we’ve heard for quite awhile now about rumors that the cast might soon be filming Down Under (like they did in series 6 in the US).

Matt made a video that was shown at the Symphonic Spectular, where he is quoted as saying:

‘looking forward to seeing you all down under very soon!’

See this blog for picts from the Concert.

According to this poster: Mark Sheppard, who was hosting the concert, implied that he would be returning for season seven as well. Hope that’s true, that would be fun.

There’s also more hints from Alex Kingston about River returning, but of course, she doesn’t quite say it. But how much more of a hint do you need than:

“You may see her again. Who knows? Lets just say, Upstairs, Downstairs and Doctor Who don’t film at the same time.”

There has also been a lot of speculation that Steve Thompson may also be writing an episode for series 7. Not really a surprise though, since he wrote The Curse of the Black Spot for Doctor Who last series. He is also one of the three writers for Sherlock, Steven Moffat’s other television show. He wrote episode 3, The Reichenbach Fall, which got spectacular reviews.

Comments

• MulettMulett Posts: 9,055
    Forum Member
    It will be Tegan's daughter. Who will turn out to be half Time Lord.
  • CoalHillJanitorCoalHillJanitor Posts: 15,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mulett wrote: »

Nah, half Eternal. Marriner's the only one ever wot loved her for her mind. ;)
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't know the Mark Shepard titbit, it will be fun to see Canton III again.
  • MulettMulett Posts: 9,055
    Forum Member
    Corwin wrote: »

Hopefully with his boyfriend too, this time.
  • johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    That's great news, I think we were all a little disappointed that he didn't get any more screentime last series!
  • chuffnobblerchuffnobbler Posts: 10,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Canton? Yeah, w'evs.

It will be Tegan's daughter.
    half Eternal. Marriner's the only one ever wot loved her for her mind

Now this is more like it! MOFF! PAY ATTENTION! :D
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    River HAS to return. Her story's not done yet! Neither is Amy and Rory's, though I know some people wouldn't care if they never saw them again!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    River HAS to return. Her story's not done yet! Neither is Amy and Rory's, though I know some people wouldn't care if they never saw them again!!

Alex starts filming this Thursday, Matt on Feb 20th according to GB.
    Their source:- Matt on NTA red carpet talking to Lizo for BBC News 24.
  • Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

A know a couple of peeps on here who will be especially delighted by this! :D
  • gareth1408gareth1408 Posts: 408
    Forum Member

Nah! Half mouth on legs, half MARA!!! :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Roll on series 7!:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know where they are filming? Can we find out? I would love to go see it if its close. I know the last....lot of series have all been filmed "near" me at least once. I don't want to miss it again. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know where they are filming? Can we find out? I would love to go see it if its close. I know the last....lot of series have all been filmed "near" me at least once. I don't want to miss it again. :)

Keep an eye on these twitters:-

http://twitter.com/drwhofilming

http://twitter.com/drwholocations

If it's the opener they're filming first (and perhaps more chance this year from SM having a script deadline over Xmas)

then my tip is to keep an eye on mirror-glass fronted buildings in Cardiff, and in London, The Gherkin.

Welsh Assembly Building is a perennial favourite for inside filming for this sort of thing too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HandsomeBB wrote: »
    Keep an eye on these twitters:-

http://twitter.com/drwhofilming

http://twitter.com/drwholocations

If it's the opener they're filming first (and perhaps more chance this year from SM having a script deadline over Xmas)

then my tip is to keep an eye on mirror-glass fronted buildings in Cardiff, and in London, The Gherkin.

Welsh Assembly Building is a perennial favourite for inside filming for this sort of thing too.

Wow thanks! I'll keep a look at them!
  • sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    what kind of shaped windows do the buildings have?

hexagonal, diamond or round windows, a bit like play school:D
  • ListentomeListentome Posts: 9,804
    Forum Member
    It would be fun if the next companion was Tegan's daughter. We could get an appearance from Janet (though she'd still probably find something to complain about :D). Imagine it, Tegan begs her daughter not to leave with The Doctor because she knows just what could happen.
  • CoalHillJanitorCoalHillJanitor Posts: 15,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gareth1408 wrote: »

So then that was actually a literal mindf***. ;)
  • johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    gareth1408 wrote: »

Half mouth on legs + half mouth with no legs = all mouth => Face of Boe!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    News! Finally. :)

Are we any closer to an airing date? I still hold hope we'll get the full series in 2012.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kal_El wrote: »
    News! Finally. :)

Are we any closer to an airing date? I still hold hope we'll get the full series in 2012.

In a single run hopefully as that pointless mid series break never worked for me last year.

But I think it will mid september before it screens. Which will then give the option to either have the same xmas like episode for xmas day as per usual or have a 2-3 week break and then have the xmas day ep ending the current series.

I guess some might like the xmas eps to remain as they are but then again a non xmas day episode to finish the series off, well would it work the same way for the xmas day audience?.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it is being filmed in Australia there should be a koala in it and also a boomerang.:D
  • nattoyakinattoyaki Posts: 7,080
    Forum Member
    Despite my shock and bewilderment at the last series (nonsensical and overwhelming story arc) I am, as always, excited that the next series will offer more, in this case that Moffat's learned a few lessons.

The potential was there last time imo, some wonderful individual episodes (for me, amongst the best I've ever seen). The nonsense arc and nonsense 'resolution' just killed it dead for me and my family, sadly.

This time, again, I am hoping for really great things, and really excited :D
    Hopefully with his boyfriend too, this time.

Why? :confused:

Otherwise, I too am very excited for the return of Canton. Something Moffat's done brilliantly (or rather I should say 'one of the things' - because despite my complaints at the things that have gone utterly wrong - there have been very many positives) is that he sows seeds for characters well in advance. I love that, and very much hope to see more of it :)
  • Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Muttley76 wrote: »
    A know a couple of peeps on here who will be especially delighted by this! :D

You are right! I'm delighted!
    sandydune wrote: »
    If it is being filmed in Australia there should be a koala in it and also a boomerang.:D

Boomerangs are dangerous, as we know, sandy.
    nattoyaki wrote: »
    Despite my shock and bewilderment at the last series (nonsensical and overwhelming story arc) I am, as always, excited that the next series will offer more, in this case that Moffat's learned a few lessons.

The potential was there last time imo, some wonderful individual episodes (for me, amongst the best I've ever seen). The nonsense arc and nonsense 'resolution' just killed it dead for me and my family, sadly.

This time, again, I am hoping for really great things, and really excited :D

Otherwise, I too am very excited for the return of Canton. Something Moffat's done brilliantly (or rather I should say 'one of the things' - because despite my complaints at the things that have gone utterly wrong - there have been very many positives) is that he sows seeds for characters well in advance. I love that, and very much hope to see more of it :)

Ditto.
  • steven1977steven1977 Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sylvester McCoy has to return in a starring role!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Boomerangs are dangerous, as we know, sandy.

lol Granny, it might also depend on the wind direction:D
This discussion has been closed.