Oscars 2013 - Best Actor

Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
It's almost a certainty that Daniel Day-Lewis is going to win, but if you take him out of the running, who out of the other 4 nominees would you want to win?

Comments

• _NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From what I've seen, Bradley Cooper in Silver Linings Playbook was my favourite performance. I think it might be because I just wasn't expecting it at all because I've never really rated him as an actor before, but he blew me away! Don't think he has any chance at all though sadly.
  • Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've only seen Hugh Jackman in Les Misérables, and while he was extremely good, he messed up a couple of key moments in my mind, but that may be just personal preference as a fan of the musical. No doubting the amount of effort and detail he put into the role though, he certainly deserves the nomination and I like him as a actor so wouldn't mind him winning.
  • guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    I've only seen Hugh Jackman in Les Misérables, and while he was extremely good, he messed up a couple of key moments in my mind, but that may be just personal preference as a fan of the musical. No doubting the amount of effort and detail he put into the role though, he certainly deserves the nomination and I like him as a actor so wouldn't mind him winning.

Completely agree, while good he was far from perfect and some of his scenes weren't as good as they should have been, 'Bring Him Home' being one of them. I'm not sure this was all his fault however, it could have been the poor direction, as whole film wasn't as good as it should have been.

Out of the two performances I've seen so far, I'd say Bradley Cooper is the most deserving. Out of the trailers, Daniel Day Lewis looks the best, but you can't really judge a performance from a trailer, with Joaquin Phoenix second.
  • TyjetTyjet Posts: 8,509
    Forum Member
    Of the other 4, I'd give to Bradley, easy. Although Hugh would get it.
  • Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even just from the trailers and seeing the odd clip you know that Daniel Day Lewis has nailed the role and will win best actor with ease!

But outside of that, not seen Flight, but of the other three I would go for Joaquin Phoenix for The Master, which was a really impressive performance.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would like to see Hugh or Bradley win. Daniel Day Lewis is great in Lincoln and as always, he delivers a truly remarkable hardworking performance, but Hugh and Bradley won me over much more.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 308
    Forum Member
    I've seen HJ, DDL and BC so far in their respective roles.

DDL was phenomenal BUT lets face it - there's no one alive who can tell us if his performance was a faithful portrayal of Lincoln. Having said that, I was completely convinced by him so it really doesn't matter. I'm pretty sure he will win it but I have to say that in my opinion, the mere fact that HJ acted while he sang, which has to be taken into account as it can't have been easy, really makes me want him to win it over DDL, as he really brought Jean Valjean to life for me. "Bring Him Home" aside. :)