YouTube on all G2 boxes

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 273
Forum Member
well according to Humax UK on twitter after 3 million sales they are celebrating with the launch of YouTube..

will it come automatically or is it a software update

http://www.freesat.co.uk/files/8613/6049/0792/Press_release.pdf

also according to joinfreesat.co.uk:

By the end of next month, customers of the freesat satellite television platform will be able to flick to the YouTube online video site on the main programming guide, instead of having to link up their television sets to the internet or watch YouTube on a computer.

Comments

• -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    I would of been much more excited if they'd of said 'We're giving you Netflix', but YouTube is a start in the right direction I suppose.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 273
    Forum Member
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    I would of been much more excited if they'd of said 'We're giving you Netflix', but YouTube is a start in the right direction I suppose.

i have just registered the free month on netflix as have that on my tv, also have youtube on tv but its rubbish lol, i woulda much preferred 4OD and Demand5, but as ya say its a step in the right direction.
  • FaustFaust Posts: 8,985
    Forum Member
    As I already have these services on my Apple TV I'm not fussed one way or the other. As others have said, 4OD and 5 are more a priority, though truth be told I'm just content to have a reliable PVR alternative to Sky.