Is Hip Hop making a comeback.

AdamskAdamsk Posts: 1,384
Forum Member
✭✭✭
It seem Real raw Hop Hop has disappeared over the past decade,and Garage along with Grime and Dubstep taking it place.But New York seem to be going into the revival stage,new hip hoppers like Pro Era and Children Of The Night and recently Angle Haze.

http://www.nme.com/blog/index.php?blog=1&p=13165&title=playlist_the_most_exciting_new_york_hip_&more=1&c=1

plus the UK seem too be doing the same with Verb T, the Four Owls and Jam Baxter and many other last year.

Comments

• AdamskAdamsk Posts: 1,384
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mecall Parknsun Return of the balow is another one too look out for.
  • Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    Everytime I read anything about hip hop on NME, I always find myself disagreeing with it. I wish NME would just ignore hip hop...please. I don't even know why they talk about that music on their website, since they seem to hate it.

But about the subject of this thread, I've been feeling hip hop has been making a comeback on the underground scene in the UK for a while, whilst grime/dubstep's popularity have definitely been on the decrease recently (although those genres aren't very popular in the US in the first place). I feel the place that still has a strong grime scene is Birmingham, but in London for example it seems to be dwindling.

In the mainstream scene, I think hip hop might make a comeback because of Thrift Shop's success. Once that becomes a massive hit, record labels and pop radio stations will be pushing hip hop songs more again.