Thats why Sainsbury's go to Iceland.

ee-ayee-ay Posts: 3,963
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Sainsbury's staff spied buying discounted loaves from nearby Iceland store.
Bread, purchased for £1, were 'brazenly' sold on with 50 per cent mark-up

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2309416/Thats-mums-Iceland-Sainsburys-staff-buy-cut-price-loaves-nearby-budget-supermarket-charge-customers-49p-extra.html#ixzz2QYJpvi7u

Comments

• degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    It says no trading laws were broken but I wonder if there is some broken law over provedance of goods.

Say if you have a falty batch of bread and you take it back then what are Sainsbury's supposed to do? Take it over to Iceland and ask them for the batch number etc?
  • noise747noise747 Posts: 30,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Warburtons bread is not that nice anyway, I got some from Iceland today and to be honest the toast it produces is naff. Braces is much better.

As for Sainsburys buying bread from Iceland, this is one person from one store, it is not a normal thing.

As Sainsburys said "Our colleagues were trying to be helpful but on this occasion got it wrong." Yep, they certainly did get it wrong.

You live and learn.
    :)
  • aggielaneaggielane Posts: 5,356
    Forum Member
    If the shop assistant wanted to be helpful why didn't he just point people in the direction of the store that had it for sale 50p cheaper.
  • KidPokerKidPoker Posts: 4,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aggielane wrote: »
    If the shop assistant wanted to be helpful why didn't he just point people in the direction of the store that had it for sale 50p cheaper.

He probably had sales targets to hit which equals bonuses for management.
  • john176bramleyjohn176bramley Posts: 25,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We have a cheap shop around these parts called B&M and their sliced bread is sooooooo much fresher than from Tesco or Morissons.

It's about 30p cheaper too.
  • cuzacuza Posts: 1,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I work for Sainsbury's and I'm flabbergasted by this. :eek:

I don't know who gave the go ahead for that employee to buy the bread, or as someone else said, where the money came from.

I've never heard anything like it. If we sell out of bread, then we have no bread! It's very simple.
  • PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you Daily Mail, i had no idea what Warburtons was till i saw the picture of the loaf of bread :)
  • chrisii2011chrisii2011 Posts: 2,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheeky bu**ers! sainsburys at their greediest best!
  • noise747noise747 Posts: 30,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheeky bu**ers! sainsburys at their greediest best!

It was one person or a couple of people, not the whole flipping company.

Sainsburys is no different to any other supermarket, simple as that.