Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 9)

Comments

• ilovenicnacsilovenicnacs Posts: 43,374
    Forum Member
    The Welsh haribo girl is back! The only reason I tolerate that ad is the little girl at the table going to her hand "don't do it", she is so sweet.. then you return to madam arseache with her snarky remarks, "greedychops" indeed! go away.

On the need to have a conversation mental health one, that girl with the black hair at the end looks really scary.:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The latest Lucozade Sport (vs Water) advert. The type of customer that actually buys it for the scientific benefits likely don't need said benefits explained to them and the other type of customer that buys it because it's on offer likely doesn't care about the science.

There aren't really any scientific benefits.

If you want to re-hydrate, drink water. If you want a little more energy while you train, put some squash in it (sugar).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucozade#Purpose_and_effectiveness

In 13 pages, your post stuck out. The rest made me laugh quite a bit! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Talk Talk one that offers their broadband for "a tiny £15.50 a month, plus £14.95 line rental". In total, that's over £360 a year. Given the economic situation, even excluding line rental that all providers charge, I don't see that £15.50 a month can be called "tiny".

Not satisfied with their already invasive advertising and heavy sponsorship a few years ago, they used to send round door canvassers who were extremely aggressive and sarcastic. As if it wasn't bad enough to have them visit you and try to advertise in person, they had to be patronising and sarcastic in doing so.

They'll never get my business.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Rice krispy ad that irrirates me the most is now back on,the one with the kid with a rather severe haircut.
    The bit I hate more than anything is the simpering,simpleton face on the mother,and the way her hair dangles right by the bowl when she is listening for snap crackle and flamin pop.
    Wonderfully simple indeed,and I dont think they mean the bloody cereal.
  • GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DFS - Flash event? OK, this is getting f***ing stupid now! :mad:
  • chuffsterchuffster Posts: 8,808
    Forum Member
    Is Kerry Katona pissed on that advert for loans?She certainly seems to be schlurring!
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,547
    Forum Member
    DFS - Flash event? OK, this is getting f***ing stupid now! :mad:

They are getting away with it as it is not the word sale :mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chuffster wrote: »
    Is Kerry Katona pissed on that advert for loans?She certainly seems to be schlurring!

I understood her perfectly? She clearly says,

"So iffz yooneed essdracadge - goader catchladydog-go-dog-uk"

A completely sober and succinct message. I shall certainly be using catchladydog if I am ever in need of essdra cadge. Or if I have a female dog that runs away.
  • steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Optimax woman is back go and live your life in hd somewhere else you annoying bint. :mad:

I am sick of these Sky ads with the twee music you can really see Ricky Gervais influence on Sky at the moment.

(Cockey) "Yeh Sky Go! I'll ave some of dat" :mad:
  • colgirlcolgirl Posts: 242
    Forum Member
    Endless Cancer adverts! I hate them for so many reasons - they are either completely grim, depressing or just plain patronising. They never seem to show anyone overcoming their illness, they never offer any hope - more of case of this is what you'll end up like: hairless, frail, with tubes up your nose. I speak as someone who went through this illness in the past and had to switch the channel when these adverts popped up.
    Do the makers of these ads never consider how a viewer, who's just been diagnosed with this condition, must feel when these ads are screened?:(
  • somerset foxsomerset fox Posts: 728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm surprised there isn't an entire thread about the sheer awfulness of Fiona Phillips.... Oh yeah, and her postcode lottery ad! Cringeworthy tv at its worst and it seems to be on every ad break (freeview channel Pick).
  • miaowmiaow Posts: 8,495
    Forum Member
    Any ad that's telling you to take out an insurance policy to pay for your own funeral :mad:
  • Lily_MLily_M Posts: 1,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just seen one for online bingo - something like ladies888.com, with some bliddy annoying screaming blonde bint. Stop screaming, woman!
  • IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shhftw wrote: »
    There aren't really any scientific benefits.

If you want to re-hydrate, drink water. If you want a little more energy while you train, put some squash in it (sugar).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucozade#Purpose_and_effectiveness

In 13 pages, your post stuck out. The rest made me laugh quite a bit! :)

I just presumed that because a lot of football clubs have it as their "official drink", and with the sports science departments that those clubs have nowadays, that there must be some benefit, however minimal. I guess it's simply just a case of Lucozade paying the clubs to promote the drink.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    crowby1 wrote: »
    I understood her perfectly? She clearly says,

"So iffz yooneed essdracadge - goader catchladydog-go-dog-uk"

A completely sober and succinct message. I shall certainly be using catchladydog if I am ever in need of essdra cadge. Or if I have a female dog that runs away.

I admit, it took me a while to work that out :D:o:eek::p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    colgirl wrote: »
    Endless Cancer adverts! I hate them for so many reasons - they are either completely grim, depressing or just plain patronising. They never seem to show anyone overcoming their illness, they never offer any hope - more of case of this is what you'll end up like: hairless, frail, with tubes up your nose. I speak as someone who went through this illness in the past and had to switch the channel when these adverts popped up.
    Do the makers of these ads never consider how a viewer, who's just been diagnosed with this condition, must feel when these ads are screened?:(

Quite a recurring subject on this thread and once again I couldn't agree more. Having lost someone close to cancer these adverts just get on my nerves.

But, let's not forget, these are made by advertising agencies, the same misguided idiots that make lots of other annoying product ads that miss their mark and just annoy people, so I guess we shouldn't be surprised.

Just because they are for worthy / noble causes doesn't mean we aren't allowed to say we're annoyed by them. I wouldn't object to adverts about cancer charities etc. if they weren't so bleak, as you just mentioned. Rather than offer hope to people who suffer cancer, or live in it's shadow, I feel many just rub salt into old wounds (or new ones). Particularly, and I already mentioned it on here, that bloody Macmillan one with people collapsing. In my opinion, tasteless and disturbing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    I admit, it took me a while to work that out :D:o:eek::p

That Katona ad also reminds me of that sketch on The Day Today years ago when they had Steve Coogan as a Gerry Adams type character, and Chris Morris said, "He has been asked to inhale helium to detract credibility from his statements."

If you want to detract credibility from your company get someone on your ad to promote it in an upbeat, slurred drawl.

Couldn't happen to a nicer company. Or person.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I just presumed that because a lot of football clubs have it as their "official drink", and with the sports science departments that those clubs have nowadays, that there must be some benefit, however minimal. I guess it's simply just a case of Lucozade paying the clubs to promote the drink.
    I like Jessica Ennis and she promotes Powerade. Doesn't mean i'm going to drink it :D
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,547
    Forum Member
    Isme .. with Carol bloody Vorderman :mad:

Ikea .. with the boy and girl throwing their clothes and they tidy themselves :mad:
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,383
    Forum Member
    That guy on radio with the Brummie accent

"Eeef.....ewwwww......cawl......Autoglass.......eeet.....wuuuuurnt......affect.....yah.....nawwww.....clayyyyms......bonus"
  • Jennell_SierakoJennell_Sierako Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    I like Jessica Ennis and she promotes Powerade. Doesn't mean i'm going to drink it :D
    I tried Powerade once when OH did shopping as I was busy. It was revolting so no amount of advertising will ever make me drink it again.

My favorite advert to hate at the minute is the one where two identical cartoon females merge into one accompanied by faint singing in the background in what my 5 year old insists is Chinese. He likes it and tries to join in. Any idea what it is?
  • Posh BlokePosh Bloke Posts: 421
    Forum Member
    Twinnings tea?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,174
    Forum Member
    Just seen a great ad! It's a moonwalking pony, with the tagline "Silly stuff matters" from 3. Made me laugh :D
  • McCollMcColl Posts: 242
    Forum Member
    Just seen a great ad! It's a moonwalking pony, with the tagline "Silly stuff matters" from 3. Made me laugh :D

Made us laugh too - the first time ...by the third we were sick of it!
  • Jennell_SierakoJennell_Sierako Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    Posh Bloke wrote: »
    Twinnings tea?

Yes, I think it is----thanks.
This discussion has been closed.